Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just done my first Operation

Today we went in and did Bonethrasher and most of Eternity Vault. Now, while Bonethrasher is a bit tedius, EV was incredibly pleasant. Each boss has a nice and interesting mechanic, and we currently have the last boss on 10%. We're a bit gimped as we're all Sith of some description so have a lot of melee, but I am really impressed with Bioware's first operation.
    RETH

No no no no, you're doing it all WRONG.

You have to mention how it's too easy, it's boring and mundane, and how the game will be going nowhere.

Reverse psychology man, RP!

Deleted
    I particularly enjoyed the Soa encounter, thought it was pretty fun. The rest are a bit boring on normal at least :P Bonethrasher is nice, but slightly stressful for me as I have a crap PC and tend to stand in the swipe

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to reach max level with any character, but I do have two level 20's and I can't wait to try out the end game content.

Aye the first two fights in EV were very fun. The third and fourth were easy but it seemed like they were trying to do something interesting

The last one we died like 6 times to platforms when there was nowhere to jump to, but that might have been because it was 3am and we were all tired. :P

Going back this week to get him. I enjoyed the whole Instance too.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Aye the first two fights in EV were very fun. The third and fourth were easy but it seemed like they were trying to do something interesting

The last one we died like 6 times to platforms when there was nowhere to jump to, but that might have been because it was 3am and we were all tired. :P

Going back this week to get him. I enjoyed the whole Instance too.
    If there is nowhere to jump that looks safe. Wait. They give you healing 'breaks' where you have to wait for platforms to fall.

I'm aware. There were multiple times we waited until the platform we were on fell and we died because there was nowhere safe :P

The videos I watched after the raid (we wanted to try it without watching/reading anything) make it look so easy

While I do very much enjoy this game, I did not find the raiding enjoyable at all. And no, I'm not saying it was boring or too easy, I know I was doing normal modes. I think I'm just sick of raiding in general, and I feel I'm not a minority here.

I hope this game doesn't turn into raiding raiding raiding.

Deleted
    Damn. I came here wanting to congratulate you on your Medicinal Doctorate. Now I'm just disappointed...
    Last edited by mmoc98d1b64e82; 2012-01-18 at 05:30 AM.

Deleted
    I'm also pleasently surprised by their first operations, however i think they need to get a better hang of difficulty between bosses, this also count for hardmodes. In many hardmodes, and in eternity vault, the first boss is often the hardest of many. Atleast in my experience.

EV First boss gives far more challenge than the 3 next ones. Soa however gives a good challenge, especially on hardmode it really begins to require thought on tactics.

I love how they set the difficulty though, normal modes are easily pugable, hardmodes requires good dps and healing so people have to know their classes rotations, and nightmare really makes you play your best and mistakes are almost not tolerated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I have yet to reach max level with any character, but I do have two level 20's and I can't wait to try out the end game content.
    Yeah I'm exactly the same, I'm sure endgame is nice but I'm enjoying questing.. that and I can't seem to stick to one character.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    While I do very much enjoy this game, I did not find the raiding enjoyable at all. And no, I'm not saying it was boring or too easy, I know I was doing normal modes. I think I'm just sick of raiding in general, and I feel I'm not a minority here.

I hope this game doesn't turn into raiding raiding raiding.
    What else do you want to do once leveled up? Myselves, in EVERY (!) MMO some 5 level before maxlevel or such I cannot stand
    questing anymore... and I never liked PvP...
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm aware. There were multiple times we waited until the platform we were on fell and we died because there was nowhere safe :P

The videos I watched after the raid (we wanted to try it without watching/reading anything) make it look so easy
    There are 2 ways done to the next level. I can only speak for one, as we are just using this. There are two times where you have to pause to wait for the next platform. We use this break to heal up the group. 2 jumps, waiting + healing, 3-4 jumps (dont know exactly), waiting + healing, 3 jumps, done

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    What else do you want to do once leveled up? Myselves, in EVERY (!) MMO some 5 level before maxlevel or such I cannot stand
    questing anymore... and I never liked PvP...
    Not all MMOs are about raiding. You should play something like Ragnarok Online to see a different perspective. You've never played an MMO that wasn't about raiding, and thus you can't see how it works.

Ragnarok Online's endgame is about MVP (MVPs are what they call bosses, which spawn every x amount of hours/days) hunting, playing War of Emperium where a scheduled battle happens 3-4 times a week, and guilds fight over the possession of castles. The guilds that control these castles when the battles end get rewards and get access to guild dungeons where MVPs spawn. There are also very many sandbox elements in the game.

If my friends still played it I'd go back to the game to be honest. I'm so sick of raiding, and I really wish TOR would realize that the majority of people do not raid. Even with WoW's numbers, most people just do the LFR, and even then it's not a large majority.

Honestly, even though some people will call me the biggest SW:TOR fanboy on this site, if they just keep adding raids after raids and nothing else, I see no reason to continue my subscription to this game after GW2 comes out, and that makes me sad.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-01-18 at 01:06 PM.

I read the thread title and wanted to ask: and, is he dead now?

But it's only about SW:ToR. :/

Deleted
    Although I do share a gradual decline in enjoying raiding as many here have already pointed out (actually looking forward to MoP in this regard as it looks like they're finally trying to add more things that aren't raiding to the game), I have really enjoyed the raids so far in TOR. Bonethrasher is a good challenge on the higher difficulty levels, and although EV isn't particularly challenging except for Soa it's nice to see some new mechanics and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by quran View Post
    Damn. I came here wanting to congratulate you on your Medicinal Doctorate. Now I'm just disappointed...
    You can congratulate me on my Physics Doctorate if you like. Getting those corrections signed off this Friday and then all I have to do is wait for graduation!

Anyway, back on topic. Is was pretty easy, but no less fun. I can see the Pylon encounter being really tough in hard and nightmare modes. I also wonder what the energy pylons on the Soa encounter do as you descend the platforms, since we kill them but they don't seem to do owt anyway.
    RETH

the encounters are very good gameplaywise, they're fun and interesting.

the only thing they need to improve is their appearance, its just not as spectacular and polished as the WoW raids, they need to work on that and I'm really looking forward to playing the 4 new bosses that will be added today.

I enjoy the operations so far. Normal mode are quite easy but i'm sure that was intended for making the masses happy. So far my guild is 5/6 Hard mode with only SOA left. Bonethrasher was probably the hardest so far on hard mode, however we have only put in a couple end of raid attempts on SOA on hard. I look forward to finishing hard modes and moving into nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now today you can do the new operation.