Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I wonder how many people posting here actually looked at the article instead of responding to the title.

Library calls in a debt collection agency over $7 owed by an 8 year old kid for some library books. This is absolutely silly. It probably cost more than $7 to get the debt collection people out to that house. This is as silly as my Grandma receiving a check for 1 cent in the mail because she overpayed.
    Money owed is money owed. If the bank didn't write a cheque for everyone who they owed a penny, they would end up having hundreds of thousands of dollars from money that should be their customers. In fact a while ago there was a bank fraud where one cent was withdrawn (or withheld from deposits) from random bank accounts. They ended up making millions of dollars before they were cause because no one reported a one cent error in their account.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by samanx View Post
    would they not spend alot more than 7 dollars by sending the loan sharks?
    That's besides the point. By sending in a collection agency they are sending the message that will not accept this. If 1500 people owe 7 dollars, but no one paid them back they would be out $10 500. By sending the collection agency after a few of them the others will follow suit.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2012-01-18 at 05:54 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

How such profession as collector is still existing in modern world? Sounds like a kind of Wild West business.

Personally I think anyone who works as one needs to get shot, or beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    When people start paying what they owe then collection agencies wouldn't need to exist. People who don't pay what they owe should be shot or beaten, imo.
    And there's no legal mechanism for returning? Did you sign some paper when you lend your money?

I'm talking about some private companies that act like criminals or annoying bullies.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2012-01-18 at 06:15 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    How such profession as collector is still existing in modern world? Sounds like a kind of Wild West business.

Personally I think anyone who works as one needs to get shot, or beaten.
    When people start paying what they owe then collection agencies wouldn't need to exist. People who don't pay what they owe should be shot or beaten, imo.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)