Thread: servers are up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I still can't abandon quest but the massive boost to fps is nice. In game AA for the win.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Next.

Also early patch maintenance end? Suspicious.
    Last one or two ended early too, I see a trend already

Why is it suspicious that maintenance ends early? They are done, so servers are back up. So far I've found that Bioware is handling an MMO extremely well, which I never had any doubt of. I find it funny that there are others, not saying you but from postings I've seen, where people are questioning Bioware's ability to handle an MMO. Everything they have done so far has been handled extremely well, and leaps and bounds better than other companies at this point in release.

Next.

More like BW common practice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stahlhammer89 View Post
    Just from looking at the server list, all of them are marked as lightly populated. I think that means they have wayyyy too many servers.
    This shows the current online population andas the servers have been up for about 10 minutes this is why no one is online yet.

You have to realize everyone expects the servers to come online when they stated at 10 CST, or possibly even later! Why? Because of our experience with Blizzard. Well welcome to BW everyone. First major patch and it is done at least 2hrs+ earlier than stated and there was no lag when I logged on (like in some other game after patches).

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
    You have to realize everyone expects the servers to come online when they stated at 10 CST, or possibly even later! Why? Because of our experience with Blizzard. Well welcome to BW everyone. First major patch and it is done at least 2hrs+ earlier than stated and there was no lag when I logged on (like in some other game after patches).
    you mean 22 hours later than originally stated? How many times did the some other game have its important patch (or maintenance itself) postponed?

But lets not argue about that... Any information about warzone horrid fps and other things that weren't mentioned in patch notes but should be fixed asap?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me how AA boosts FPS? I usually run on HIGH with like 40 FPS, will I see a performance increase?
    My specs are : 4 gigs ram (Win 7 x64)m 3 GHz processor, 250 GTS ; far from high end but I'd love a little FPS boost.

Can anyone confirm that 1.1 has landed today, the early maintenance makes me skeptical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Can someone explain to me how AA boosts FPS? I usually run on HIGH with like 40 FPS, will I see a performance increase?
    My specs are : 4 gigs ram (Win 7 x64)m 3 GHz processor, 250 GTS ; far from high end but I'd love a little FPS boost.

Can anyone confirm that 1.1 has landed today, the early maintenance makes me skeptical.
    It did. AA is in the game now at least.

10+ Year Old Account

Perhaps the fact that it's on the launcher will quell your skepticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It did. AA is in the game now at least.
    Yup, along with the reverse engineering bug that was supposed to be fixed believeing the 1.1 patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Yup, along with the reverse engineering bug that was supposed to be fixed believeing the 1.1 patch notes.
    could you please elaborate on that?

Can anyone post a 1920 x 1080 Screenshot of FULL AA ? I havent forced AA on mine and have only ever played without ? Im at work for another 7 hours and wanted to see it ? :P

Full graphics if possible

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 02:54 PM ----------

Please <3

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    Why is it suspicious that maintenance ends early? They are done, so servers are back up. So far I've found that Bioware is handling an MMO extremely well, which I never had any doubt of. I find it funny that there are others, not saying you but from postings I've seen, where people are questioning Bioware's ability to handle an MMO. Everything they have done so far has been handled extremely well, and leaps and bounds better than other companies at this point in release.
    Except they haven't yet fixed the most gamebreaking bug - their whole animation/ability system is a complete mess. That should be prioritized, not releasing new content....

PS: Anyone tested if they made some progress towards fixing ability delay/stuttering in this patch already?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    could you please elaborate on that?
    Opening the Inventory Panel with the button on the Menu Bar now always correctly displays the reverse engineering button.
    Wrong, it's still bugged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they haven't yet fixed the most gamebreaking bug - their whole animation/ability system is a complete mess. That should be prioritized, not releasing new content....
    That's not how it works though. Yea the bug is important to fix but it may take time. Should they then hold back content because the 1 fix isn't implemented?

Servers only came up about 2 hours before expected. There are a quite a few threads on the first page talking about Patch 1.1's release today. In the future you can always check SWTOR Website, under their Developer Tracker, or ForceTremor for all updating news about The Old Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    That's not how it works though. Yea the bug is important to fix but it may take time. Should they then hold back content because the 1 fix isn't implemented?
    I think most people realize that engine is being developed by completely different team with completely different competences than the new content, but it's still frustrating seeing new max level content released while most population isn't max level yet anyway and having some gamebreaking bugs still present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    I think most people realize that engine is being developed by completely different team with completely different competences than the new content, but it's still frustrating seeing new max level content released while most population isn't max level yet anyway and having some gamebreaking bugs still present.

I agree its entirely frustrating. Usually I try and take solace in the fact that every week is more bugs that get squatted and always look forward to next weeks patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by stahlhammer89 View Post
    Just from looking at the server list, all of them are marked as lightly populated. I think that means they have wayyyy too many servers.
    Wednesday morning, week (school) day, servers have been online for not even 10 minutes when that SS was taken.

No shit.