New Computer. Weird speed fan temp reading.

is it just a bugged reading or should i be worried? :/

Image is waaay too wide.

To answer your question, we need more details. Do you have a stock cooler on there, or an aftermarket one?

have a hyper 212+. sorry for the wide image i dont know how to scale it down.

Inaccurate reading, I'd assume that no matter what when 2 other programs are reading 24-23c, kind of akward that 2 are reading 20's and the other is reading 80's which in the 20c area your in the 80f area

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are just what temperatures that program considers unsafe. I have had those, yet they don't really mean anything. You want to be looking at the bottom GPU temp, which is 30 degrees in that screenshot. Your CPU readings will be the Cores(Core0, Core1, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    Those are just what temperatures that program considers unsafe. I have had those, yet they don't really mean anything. You want to be looking at the bottom GPU temp, which is 30 degrees in that screenshot. Your CPU readings will be the Cores(Core0, Core1, etc)
    Good eyes right here^

Yea SpeedFan isn't setup properly for some hardware. It reports my "CPU" at 128C while the software from my mobo manufacturer reports 23C (+individual core temps that DO match speedfan). And Red flags my GPU at 55C even though its been running under load at ~80C for months (and reviews confirm ~80C as expected operating temps).
    Last edited by openair; 2012-01-18 at 10:06 PM.

what brand of motherboard are you using? Some come with their own fan management software. Fan Xpert that comes with ASUS boards is particularly good monitoring and setting up fan speed profiles.