Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    sry i dont know how to resize
    That wasn't a necessarily a negative statement. The man is a national treasure.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    But speaking of skin color, both men have nearly the same. While not being from the same race, they still have a black colored face (black is not a color, I know). Again, there is nothing wrong with it.
    Barack Obama is another example. He is not "black", but his skin color still is.
    Just to be really annoying, their colour is actually brown

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    upload and use resizing features offered by uploader

http://de.tinypic.com/ for example. You are welcome

btt: Oh comon, stop playing the "ignorant" card. Yes, only Will is "black". But speaking of skin color, both men have nearly the same. While not being from the same race, they still have a black colored face (black is not a color, I know). Again, there is nothing wrong with it.
    Barack Obama is another example. He is not "black", but his skin color still is.

It is like saying Angela Merkel is not white, but just a person with white pigments. Comon.... this isnt 1900
    cant do that from my iphone sadly. but do you really think anyones gonna call a hispanic man with a tan black? not likely. cause it really is about more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Just to be really annoying, their colour is actually brown
    and caucasians arent actually white either... Whats ur point

15+ Year Old Account
    cant do that from my iphone sadly. but do you really think anyones gonna call a hispanic man with a tan black? not likely. cause it really is about more than that.
    Technically, I would. I would never be able to tell that that man is hispanic. However, the word black doesn't sound good at all in norwegian. I tend to call them "dark skinned", directly translated.

Deleted
    I know what you talking about, here in sweden there is talk about maybe making the word "black" as refereed to racist. Soon you wont be able to look at another human if your white and not be stamped as racist...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    and caucasians arent actually white either... Whats ur point
    Just being really annoying, as stated in the sentence you quoted

Well one day most of us will be mixed anyway....

(If we are not already there, who knows)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    white black yellow red are all pretty racist terms if you stop to think about it. its categorizing them purely by the color of their skin, disregarding any other physical or cultural differences. or even implying a significant difference when there isnt one.
    No. Granted it may be different elsewhere, but I live in America and here it's politically correct to say "African-American" - The thing is that I have never ever known an "African-American" that prefers to be called that instead of black. Personally I don't mind being called white any more or less than I mind Caucasian. Black Culture, Black Music, Black Food, Black Entertainment Television. Black is the preferred term amongst black people. Do you know who gets offended when black people are referred to as black people? Over-sensitive white people. That's it. People who get offended on someone else's behalf when that person isn't offended aren't as bad as bigots, but they are pretty annoying.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    people who dont think the terms are racist are simply ignorant of what they're saying. a simple demonstration:

these men have fairly similar skin color. only one is "black".

Reduced the planet-sized image down to a simple link - Dacien
    They...both look black to me. Or is the first one "Hispanic"?

...which is a whole 'nother can of worms (Hispanics are technically Caucasian...somehow. o.O)

Can't we just call each other Human and only use color to describe them and be done with it?

God, if people were this offended by their hair/eye color being noticed... Humans are such weird creatures, if you really think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    If im watching some football and i wanna make someone attentive of a player who is black i say, look at number XX - if that doesnt work i just say the black one... It has nothing to do with race but outward appearence... Just like if i see a really fat asian for instance, i dont say look at that asian person... I say: look at that fat person... obviously im hypothetical right now, but my point is that i call attention to the thing that makes them stand out of the crowd

I dont know where someone is from... Why should i call someone African American... He's just american with black skin... Hell he might not even be american... He could be french and be offended for being called African American...
    i realize that its helpful to describe someone but theres better ways. i seriously doubt you could pick a filipino out from a crowd of mexicans, without having lots of filipino friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    i realize that its helpful to describe someone but theres better ways. i seriously doubt you could pick a filipino out from a crowd of mexicans, without having lots of filipino friends.
    The funny thing is, if it was a white guy within a crowd of black people, you would refer to the white guy most likely. That is what most people do anyways.

I think people are going about this completely backwards. Not only is our skin color different, our cultures for the most part are different as well. I think trying to act as if we aren't different is stupid. We'll never get to the center of our problems with each other if we continue to try and push this "we are all the same crap" on everyone.

I am NOT saying that one group of people is better than another group of people. We're just different. I think when we can admit that, and try and see the other groups points of view and understand why they feel the way they do, that's when we will become one.

Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    They...both look black to me. Or is the first one "Hispanic"?

...which is a whole 'nother can of worms (Hispanics are technically Caucasian...somehow. o.O)

Can't we just call each other Human and only use color to describe them and be done with it?

God, if people were this offended by their hair/eye color being noticed... Humans are such weird creatures, if you really think about it...
    Hispanics can have "white" skin....

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No. Granted it may be different elsewhere, but I live in America and here it's politically correct to say "African-American" - The thing is that I have never ever known an "African-American" that prefers to be called that instead of black. Personally I don't mind being called white any more or less than I mind Caucasian. Black Culture, Black Music, Black Food, Black Entertainment Television. Black is the preferred term amongst black people. Do you know who gets offended when black people are referred to as black people? Over-sensitive white people. That's it. People who get offended on someone else's behalf when that person isn't offended aren't as bad as bigots, but they are pretty annoying.
    im not white. the trouble is that when people say "its only about skin color", thats a lie. in america theres a bit of culture differentiation going on its true.. but it stems from racism. it goes both ways.

Only white people can be racist, tru fax.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    The funny thing is, if it was a white guy within a crowd of black people, you would refer to the white guy most likely. That is what most people do anyways.
    what if hes not white, just a light skinned red? or yellow?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The incident that happened was 100% due to the reaction of Madcon.

When he called them Mokkamann, which was meant as a play on words and a joke, madcon and the audience was laughing for a second until the one who said it turned forward to the audience, when he turned, the guy in madcon just drew the racist card on stage behind their backs, and suddently the audience started booing.

In my opinion, it was totally unprofessional of Madcon to do that on stage, it could have waited till after, and they could have confronted them with "hey man, that was really not cool" and the whole mess would have been avoided.

And anyways, it is ONLY the high culture people in Norway that reacts to it. all comments from the regular man on the street is like "Plumbo messed up, but common, it was meant as a joke lets get over this and give us some real news, there was a freeking cruiseship accident in italy and you are writing about someone making a bad joke"

But for Plumbo, i think it was great, they got a lot of free PR and sympathy from the regular citizen because TV and newspapers blew this thing out of propotion.

Edit: Here is a link to the video, its in Norwegian, but you can clearly see the reactions.
    http://www.vg.no/musikk/grand-prix/a...artid=10075630
    Last edited by Roxyfoxy; 2012-01-18 at 10:40 PM.

im not white. the trouble is that when people say "its only about skin color", thats a lie. in america theres a bit of culture differentiation going on its true.. but it stems from racism. it goes both ways.
    You're going to have to explain this one a little more thoroughly. Culture differentiation stems from racism? Both ways? What are the channels?

How is saying that racist? O.o
    I mean there is context and a lot of context relies on who the speaker is and his background.
    To give an example:

A white person talking about how bad slavery is gives off one feel.
    A black person talking about how bad slavery is gives off another.

Also at least where I am from calling someone black and white is totally acceptable given the context and intent.

If I said "O you are SO white." Then yeah I might get flak for it.
    Likewise if I made a comment like "You talk like a black person." Someone would probably say something.

But if I called someone black or white normally they wouldn't take offense.
    (Calling Asians yellow is generally worse because yellow has a negative connotation. At least in the US it is associated with cowardice so we don't really call Asians it.)
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma