Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Power of the Aspects ICC 2.0

To Everyone: This thread was created 4-5 hours before there was any posts on the official forums. Saying "go read the blue posts" is useless for the 1st 3 pages of this thread.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=109251#see-also-other

DS will be neutered just like ICC. Share your opinions/thoughts.
    Last edited by scadouche; 2012-01-19 at 01:24 PM.

...it says REDUCED, not increased?

Well bosses are going to start getting VERY easy soon. They're already a joke. A 30% decrease to damage? Hah.

For the dummies, this debuff will apply to all bosses instead of players, obviously.

Idk, they haven't said anything about it. I really really don't see how they could consider normal mode would deserve to be nerfed. Already feels like ICC @ 30% buff to me.

For heroics, crossing my fingers it won't happen since they are pretty fun, and considering this patch is suposed to last until MoP... i really don't see how beneficial it be would to nerf it so much.

At best, i'd think this buff will most likely apply to Spine/Madness.

At worse... i think i'm quitting PvE if they apply this to the whole place, would really prove they haven't learned anything from ICC and Firelands.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-01-18 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While i dislike the obvious bias in the OP(see, neutered) I can't really see how this is at all necessary, or even wanted.
    We should keep in mind that this is not officially even going into the game.
    Also, ICC was much more difficult than this stuff is, so the buff in there was hardly out of line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    While i dislike the obvious bias in the OP(see, neutered) I can't really see how this is at all necessary, or even wanted.
    We should keep in mind that this is not officially even going into the game.
    Also, ICC was much more difficult than this stuff is, so the buff in there was hardly out of line.
    The 30% buff was way out of the line. Save for H:LK maybe. Should had stopped at 20.

When the debuff came out for ICC it brought heroic modes (with the exception of PP/Sind/LK) down to the "normal" level. It brought the normal modes down to what we now know as LFR with the few exceptions. So yes, ICC was neutered.

well first id like to say that this is inevitable.

id like to follow that statement with a brief dissertation about how nerfing content is fucking stupid.

not only does nerfing content make it EASIER (i.e. less time doing shit.... i.e. less time paying subs... i.e. why nerf it when youre a business?)
    but it also makes it less CHALLENGING (i.e. less satisfaction when you down it... i.e. more tension between players... i.e. 'i did this when it was hard meh')

well, update, but some players like myself enjoy pve, but not enough to build my life around patch releases. in short, id like to take my sweet goddamn time completing a raid. (spoiler; havent cleared 6/8 HM, OH NOES) that said, id like the encounters to be just as impressive, intense, and inspiring as Kin Raiders experience when they got a world first. i dont mean my Epeen will grow 11 inches and ill head to forums to bark about how great my 10 month late achievement is, but i DO mean that when madness dies on heroic i will have completed the same difficulty and intensity that was out ~10 months ago.

do you REALLY feel good that you FINALLY downed ICC? no, i waited til i had the 30% buff, or couldnt complete it before, or W/E.

do you feel good you killed LK? yea.

if the content wasnt nerfed to the ground how would you answer both those questions? with a yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they released LFR to cater to the casuals. Why nerf?
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I thought they released LFR to cater to the casuals. Why nerf?
    Thats really what i'm wondering, i was naively hoping that they would finally stop nerfing heroics, or even normals, now that there's a 3rd level of difficulty aimed at the ''casuals''.

At the moment everyone has a level of difficulty they can enjoy, why literally remove the ''hard'' option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody know when this was added to the files? has it been there since 4.3, or is it in the PTR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    The 30% buff was way out of the line. Save for H:LK maybe. Should had stopped at 20.
    Your opinion on the stopping number doesn't matter, there are people who said it shouldn't of happened at all, an they gave them the ability to remove the buff, an wanna know what the dirty secret about it was? Most raiders kept it, giving the excuse that it made the farming bosses easier instead of wasting all night clearing half of a raid.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Just because something is in the game files doesn't mean it will be used. ex: the epic gem transmute patterns are in the game files but not currently available. I think this is just something the put in that they could turn on if they feel it was needed.

If you look at the spell list its not a flat 35% it starts at 5% and would go up like the ICC buff, I personally don't want this because hm's are already easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Just because something is in the game files doesn't mean it will be used. ex: the epic gem transmute patterns are in the game files but not currently available. I think this is just something the put in that they could turn on if they feel it was needed.
    They said in the past that Dragon Soul would be nerfed eventually, just like ICC and Firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    For the 4.3 Dragon Soul raid we plan on gradually nerfing it over time, sort of like we did with Icecrown Citadel, except by nerfing the content instead of buffing the players.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...250?page=6#119

Source for those wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Your opinion on the stopping number doesn't matter, there are people who said it shouldn't of happened at all, an they gave them the ability to remove the buff, an wanna know what the dirty secret about it was? Most raiders kept it, giving the excuse that it made the farming bosses easier instead of wasting all night clearing half of a raid.
    I'd agree it wasn't needed at all for most of the bosses, problem was that H:LK was tuned around the buff, proof? Not a single guild killed him before the 5% buff.

And people kept buff because its really hard to convince 25 people to agree to the same thing, and after killing the same bosses 20 times, a lot of people just dont care about difficulty i guess. Doesn't change the fact that now that everyone has a difficulty level to fit their gameplay style, time and needs, i really don't see why they should ever nerf those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they say before Dragon Soul was released that they wanted just as many people to see the end of it, as people saw the end of Naxx?

AKA: Eveeeeryone :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I'd agree it wasn't needed at all for most of the bosses, problem was that H:LK was tuned around the buff, proof? Not a single guild killed him before the 5% buff.

And people kept buff because its really hard to convince 25 people to agree to the same thing, and after killing the same bosses 20 times, a lot of people just dont care about difficulty i guess. Doesn't change the fact that now that everyone has a difficulty level to fit their gameplay style, time and needs, i really don't see why they should ever nerf those.
    Its there for people who have everything in LFR. And for people who cant stack X class with legandary for Spine.

And stop claiming that most of you killed even one heroic in ICC without that buff... the lootship in HC would be the peak for most of you, if that buff wouldnt be applied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no end of the world, WoW is dying blah blah blah. People who cant even clear normal will be whining about DS being too easy and act like theyve killed everything, same as it was in ICC and the whole of Wrath. Who cares.. not me thats for sure.