What is good about Perseverance?

I don't really understand what makes perserverance good at all for pve? I looked at elitist jerks and it isnt one of the optional talents listed its one of the, you should spec into this, ones.

I've look at other places, and im still not understanding why I would need a 6% magic damage reduction.

What spec? Anything that is not a feral tank don't usually take it unless they're pushing bleeding edge progression and the healers need all the help they can get. For feral tanks, the 6% damage reduction is a fair chunk of damage taken off of almost every single fight in DS. Further, there are few good talent choices to move those points into. Assuming your spec is similar to http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfMGfoubzMckMcu the only place you could chance those 3 points is to cat dps talents, which would be okay if you were the offtank and needed to go dps for some fights. If that's the case, then the 6% magic reduction is probably not even going to be helpful. However, if you never go cat, there is not a single other talent that would be even close to as useful as 6% magic reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    As my guilds OT I shifted two points from it into Blood in the Water to make use of the Kitty 2p. But thats only because I dont have a dedicated kitty spec. My offspec is resto.

It was really hard to shift those points tho. The tank mentality demanded I keep them. Blood in the Water from 60percent smoothes a kitty rotation out so eell though. Keeps me competitive on 1 tank fights, ultrax and really shows on Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    As my guilds OT I shifted two points from it into Blood in the Water to make use of the Kitty 2p. But thats only because I dont have a dedicated kitty spec. My offspec is resto.

It was really hard to shift those points tho. The tank mentality demanded I keep them. Blood in the Water from 60percent smoothes a kitty rotation out so eell though. Keeps me competitive on 1 tank fights, ultrax and really shows on Madness.
    As the OT you should drop Infected Wounds, and possibly look into dropping Feral Aggression in favor of Stampede if you have 4T13.
    More details here: http://theincbear.com/dragon-soul-bearcat-guide

What is not to like about this talent ? 6% less magic damage taken more commonly 4 % as most specs can only get 2 points into it.
    In the end it a huge deal to take less damage say you take 1 million damage from magic in a fight then each point you put in makes you take 20k,40k,60k less damage, that much healing is about what 10k healer mana. The smallest things add up especially for heroic mode progression.

Say for moonkin: What else is worth taking?
    Mana regen moonglow/furor ? Never go oom in fights and have innervate if I die
    Aoe slow on shrooms ? no fights require a slow in Dragon soul
    Solar beam, no boss fight requires it in dragon soul as for trash not really needed.
    So I could gain nothing by taking pointless talents or I could simply help our healers... and trust me I have lived a huge amount of times with 5-10k hp left

Now in terms of otherspecs taking it i am not so sure, resto it is better to take the mana regen talents
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

For the love of god, why don't people use tags?! I have no idea which of the 4 druid specs you are talking about!

Deleted
    I've specced 3/3 Perserverance as moonkin, I purely due to lack of options for the rest of my talent points. I've got no more DPS talents to gain, and no more relevant utility.

Perseverence helps on every single Dragon Soul fight, the only significant raid damage mechanic which doesn't benefit I can really think of is the Morchokk Stomp which is physical.

Key talent IMO for heroic mode progression.

Deleted
    As moonkin : ultraxion hc dead or alive is the difference.

If you honestly can't think for yourself what 6% damage reduction will help with in PvE... just, don't come into any raids with me atleast.

Deleted
    Its a strong filler talent in pve if you ask me, since you offen have talent points that you wont need at all, in my current spec i have 1 point in it (as feral cat), i got all the dps talents (except for primal madness, if there was one talent i could remove from the game over all classes, it would be this one), and as i remember, and of the top of my head, i dont really have any use of improved skull bash in DS, so those 2 points i have there should aswell go there.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfbGfRzMzbfzMcu

Something like this, if you dont need to interrupt, i dont see any better place to set the 2 points, you could take primal madness, it will give you 1 more shred per min or something like that, and is a dps increase, but i really really hate the talent, so i never do :P

But if you use your spec for something else than raiding DS, you really want Brutal Impact, atleast i cant live without it.

Anyways, back on topic, its a good talent, and specialy for specifying your spec for fights.

All specs can take perseverance without it hurting ur base spec, except for resto. so why don't u take it anyways
    Gorelaz *猩猩

Must have for feral tank.

Should be taken in most builds for progression bosses with heavy magic damage.
    Not that important for farming.

Oh im resto should have mentioned that :P.

It's a MUST for tanks. The amount of passive spell mitigation bears have is a huge bonus for them.

It's highly recommended for Moonkin, as there's not a whole lot else to pick up.

It's meh for Resto. I'd prefer to put the points into throughput. It's up to you if you feel it would really help, but again, it's up to you.

Deleted
    I was asked to take points in perseverance for some heroic progression fights, but you know something I really saw either a dip in my hps output or a dip in my mana regen, so I opted out of it, Although I have two points in there for my hc spine talent tree, but that fight is a whole different ball game.