Heroic Morchok Stomp

Can someone please explain how stomp is divided in 10 Man heroic. It says 750,000 Damage split between all within 25 yards. That would cause 150k to each person (I understand that its physical dmg so Armor etc. play a key role). What i dont understand is, how can any non tank is can take a stomp at double dmg (300k). We kill morchok heroic on a regular basis, but i never see anyone die to taking stomps. Our warrior and rogue only take about 130k total. I as a hunter have taken a double at times, and im reduced to around 30%.

Can someone please explain the math behind this stomp mechanic? Is it 2x + 3y = 750,000 or do the 2 closest take 300k and mitigate enough so they dont die?

Thanks in advance.

there are 7 total shares of the damage. Not 5 of them and 2 get doubled.

750k total damage done. Divided by 7 total shares, 107142 total per share. The double people get 214k damage, physical so it is mitigated by armor.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Thank you, i figured it had to be something like that.

Is this change a nerf or a buff I don't quite understand.

No, its always been like that, the OP was just looking for clarification of the mechanic because he was curious.

What will happen is that each group of 5 players will have a tank (closest) and a dedicated soaker with some sort of cooldown for mitigating the damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheng View Post
    What will happen is that each group of 5 players will have a tank (closest) and a dedicated soaker with some sort of cooldown for mitigating the damage.
    preferable a sub rogue with enveloping shadows who has feight up for each stomp which should take that 214k damg down to first 150k ( enveloping) and then 75k ( feight) thereby making it v v rarely kil the rogue.

ofc it's doable by other rogue specs( and they stil should) as they can stil use the feight to make it 107k hit (before armour).