Thread: Healing Lag

Healing Lag

Howdy folks!

I have been playing SW:TOR for a few weeks now. I am leveling a Sawbones Smuggler and am currently level 17.

I have noticed a few times when I am doing group quests or simply soloing heroic 2 content that I am having difficulty healing my group mates/companions.

Basically, what happens is I am healing along and all of the sudden it seems I can't heal anymore. My character is making the animations, I see the cast bar, but the heals aren't landing. There are also no error messages on the screen like, "That ability requires Upper Hand" or "Not enough energy".

It seems to take an awful amount of time for this problem to correct itself. Unfortunately, after my companion is dead and I'm running for my life.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? It's almost like a huge lag spike but I can still perform other functions like going on offense and attacking, chatting and/or moving around.

This is that ability delay issue that some people are complaining about related to animations and casts not functioning the way they should.

Tons of people are having this issue, and the devs are aware of it. ETA on fix is unknown.

Deleted
    I have same shit, mate. I am playing Combat Medic. And since the patch landed I noticed that heals occasionally don't land when they are supposed to but after some time, like 5 secs.
    I counter this by queuing 2 spells at once so when they land on tank he is not half dead anymore.

Also, check your latency if you experience a long queue on your abilities.
    Last edited by mmoc2542549bc7; 2012-01-19 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    This is a well known problem. The cast is over when den Animation is finished, NOT when your castbar is full.
    A lot of people are quitting because of this, u can think by yourself what that inpunt-animation lag means for raiding and pvping.

Well, that sucks! Glad to know that I am not the only one but holy shit is it annoying!

I hope they get this fixed soon because I am loving every aspect of this game so far!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    One thing to also check when this happens, is your ping bars down by your minimap. Sometimes, even when my connection is fine, I will spike down to only one red bar. This is the only time that I have noticed issues like that with abilities not performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    One thing to also check when this happens, is your ping bars down by your minimap. Sometimes, even when my connection is fine, I will spike down to only one red bar. This is the only time that I have noticed issues like that with abilities not performing.
    This is me as well. I've not seen this ability delay except for when I get this crazy spike in lag and it's coming from the game, not my internet connection.

That has been a speed bump in my path of healing bit I ran another hard mode last night and had no issues there for the first time.

Deleted
    It reall doesnt sound like the ability delay since your saying its an awful long time, which isnt the ability delay the ability delay is a second here or there, it sounds more like lag.

I've healed clicking all the hard modes even with the ability delay and its never cause me to wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    This is a well known problem. The cast is over when den Animation is finished, NOT when your castbar is full.
    A lot of people are quitting because of this, u can think by yourself what that inpunt-animation lag means for raiding and pvping.
    4/5 Hard Mode as a Healer ... and it's really not an issue.

I find the problem is more related to "spamming" keys ... and old habit formed in wow, but really not necessary in SWTOR. As long as you into the flow where your hit the spell once, towards the end of the cast, it doesn't seem to happen much, if at all.

Quit over it? nah ... the content is really not that hard right now ... then again, haven't tried nightmare mode yet ... but I still don't think it's going to be an issue.

I tend to spam my keys so maybe that is the cause. It's a habit from WoW however in WoW I use mouseover macros to do healing. I wonder if I can do that in SW:TOR? That is a whole new thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidebar View Post
    4/5 Hard Mode as a Healer ... and it's really not an issue.

I find the problem is more related to "spamming" keys ... and old habit formed in wow, but really not necessary in SWTOR. As long as you into the flow where your hit the spell once, towards the end of the cast, it doesn't seem to happen much, if at all.

Quit over it? nah ... the content is really not that hard right now ... then again, haven't tried nightmare mode yet ... but I still don't think it's going to be an issue.
    Yep you are right. I have this issue when I spam keys, but if I heal normally without spamming the buttons it never seems to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galyan View Post
    I tend to spam my keys so maybe that is the cause. It's a habit from WoW however in WoW I use mouseover macros to do healing. I wonder if I can do that in SW:TOR? That is a whole new thread.
    mouse over macros arent in TOR yet.