Poll: Will you play F2P aion?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scripted Sigma View Post
    From where this is coming from? Obviously you haven't played many games online.
    When MMOs go f2p model, it's only because this model has been a success (with micro transactions) overall, and many companies are looking in that direction.
    Why would they give up on subscriptions if they weren't dwindling. Micro transactions might be their new model, but they can adopt that model without dropping subs.

Won't be trying it myself, other games have my eye..

10+ Year Old Account
    nope. not into the korean made games. they try too hard with the realistic and ends up making it seem funky cause of the fantasy elements. that's just my opinion. not into that style.

10+ Year Old Account
    i may try it, i only made a character and played like 2 levels on my brothers account when he played it

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    They've added in hundreds of quests since launch and the "grind" is pretty much gone. I played a bit after patch 2.6 and the leveling felt MUCH smoother. If the game had launched in that state I think it would have done far better, the game has had a ton of improvements.
    That's good to hear, actually. Unfortunately, apparently the F2P model will only be adopted in Europe for now, and while I could renew my account, I'd prefer the money to go to other things (especially since I'm still playing WoW). Maybe they'll bring the F2P model to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravan View Post
    Why would they give up on subscriptions if they weren't dwindling. Micro transactions might be their new model, but they can adopt that model without dropping subs.

Won't be trying it myself, other games have my eye..
    They were obviously losing subs, and they need to attract old and new players back. How? Free to play, micro-transactions (optional), a new and improved game which would make you stay. You wont get new or old players back to the game if it's still a poor experience would they? I can speak only for Lineage 2, cos the first time I played it was just a grind fest, and got bored of it pretty quick. After 2-3 years I decided to give it another shot (it was still p2p) and wow. All the grind was gone, leveling was way more rewarding and fun.
    Dunno the state of Aion, but that's my guess.
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather play Conan or DCU... Both met the same fate and I liked them more...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    They've added in hundreds of quests since launch and the "grind" is pretty much gone. I played a bit after patch 2.6 and the leveling felt MUCH smoother. If the game had launched in that state I think it would have done far better, the game has had a ton of improvements.
    I heard that and tried it a few months ago, but my early-40s cleric found nothing but repeatables. I'd hardly consider those quests.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah... I hated that MMO too much fantasy in it and gets you lost easily well for me imho, tried it back at patch 1.5 which i think was 2-3 years ago in 2009 and then stopped playing idk if it became better... but anyways the only thing I liked about it is flying which also had many limitations back then if memory serves me well

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    I heard that and tried it a few months ago, but my early-40s cleric found nothing but repeatables. I'd hardly consider those quests.
    Really? Strange. I played for a bit a bit before the summer and got my Templar from 30ish to 50 without doing more than 1-2 repeatables. There were TONS of quests. This was Elyos side, can't speak for the Asmo side.

I'll might test it out... But im not much of a fan in the asian anime realism art style.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy AION greatly for several of it's aspects. However, it was horribly boring and grindy and not at all worth a monthly sub, much like many other smaller, niche MMO's these days like DCUO. I will most certainly return to playing it as much as I've always wanted to play it: a few days a month.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Aion never really appealed me, so no, I wont play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember the details of my old account, maybe I'll give it a go when I'm bored.
    Also, poll is lacking the "I'm not sure/don't know yet" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    I'll definitely try it. It looked good when it was all hyped up, I didn't really get into it though aside from looking at some videos. I'll definitely try it, it's free.

I'm kind of in agreement with this. I mean he's right, when a game goes F2P it's usually because it isn't that good. I'm kind of worried about GW2 in this sense, but we'll have to see how it is.
    A game going F2P because of low subs is a tad bit different than a game that is designed around having no subscription cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    worst support ever i got my master account info and even know ive reset my game account info it wont let me login so i couldnt play even if i wanted to i bought the collectors edition for the ingame stuff but ofc they ended up having a special by paying like 10bucks extra ud get the ingame items anyway so i wasted and extra 20 orso on a useless action figure a soundtrack and a few posters which i dont use

and originally i never knew it was gonna be so pvp heavy so the constant enemy raids through the portals or w/e into your leveling zone and completly butfucking you just made me rage if i knew about it being a pvp mmo i wouldnt have bought it or atleast not the CE

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nevintsha View Post
    I'll might test it out... But im not much of a fan in the asian anime realism art style.
    gl with mists of pandaria then

Would love to try it out, but it really depends on how expensive their freemium content will be.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Would love to try it out, but it really depends on how expensive their freemium content will be.
    It's not going freemium in Europe. All the content/classes are accessible for free.

Aion is probably the only korean MMO I've enjoyed, well and a bit of L2 too, so yes I will intall it again and play it.

No. Only F2P game worth playing is LOTRO.

Deleted
    Yea, already got an account so will be nice to see if and how much the game has improved since I quit.