demo on hagara heroic / use meta at start or save till boss debuff?

The top logs seem to use meta at the start of the fight. however, i have seen videos where they save meta till the end of the first "phase 2".

any suggestions on when to use it?

(please do not suggest using a different spec)

thanks

Deleted
    No idea how long meta cd is, but is it short enough to come off if frost phase is first? If so you can use on both, but lightning phase is pretty short if no fails. I as a mage use combustion at start if frost first. If lightning I use it during first icetombs.

And if you didn't know you can see which comes first from her weapon enchants.

Doubt that helped at all x)

Deleted
    I usually meta on pull, then on the first frost phase with the dg (we always reset the boss to get a lightning phase first) and after the second lightning phase (we usually use bloodlust at that time). It works quite well.

My experience as Demo in this fight is:

She is going to start with FROST phase
    You need to gauge the time it takes your raid (from the initial pull) to kill all 4 ice crystals. If it takes less than 3 minutes, DO NOT pop Demo as you have a good chance of not having Demon Form up for Hagara's increase damage phase. If your raid takes more than 3 minutes to kill all 4 ice crystals (once again, from initial pull) you can pop Demo and your goodies to get a good burst of damage in her before she starts frost phase.

She is going to start with LIGHTNING phase
    Do not pop Demo as Lightning phase doesnt last long and you want all your CD's up for Hagara's increase damage phase.

thanks for the ideas. not sure what im ganna do now

don't risk it, ive had frost first and used a 2min cd off the pull and it still wasn't even up for the start of the burn

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post

You need to gauge the time it takes your raid (from the initial pull) to kill all 4 ice crystals. If it takes less than 3 minutes, DO NOT pop Demo as you have a good chance of not having Demon Form up for Hagara's increase damage phase. If your raid takes more than 3 minutes to kill all 4 ice crystals (once again, from initial pull) you can pop Demo and your goodies to get a good burst of damage in her before she starts frost phase.

She is going to start with LIGHTNING phase
    Do not pop Demo as Lightning phase doesnt last long and you want all your CD's up for Hagara's increase damage phase.
    This. 10char

Do it on the pull, assuming normal dps ur 2nd cds should line up with second feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Superduperman View Post
    Do it on the pull, assuming normal dps ur 2nd cds should line up with second feedback
    To re-emphasize what has been said above: only do it on the pull if the first phase is going to be a frost phase. Lightning phase doesn't last long enough and you aren't casting enough to get any meaningful number of impending doom procs that would push you towards having meta up again for the first feedback phase. You can easily tell what phase she's going to start in based on her weapons (if they're glowing frosty with snowflakes - the first phase will be an ice phase, if they're glowing with electricity, it's going to be a lightning phase).

thanks a lot guys. downed and ranked!

Well that´s what I do on Haggara hc:

She is going to start with FROST phase: I pop Metamorphosis at the begin with all cooldowns active.

She is going to start with LIGHTNING phase: I pop Metamorphosis at the begin with all cooldowns active.

Normally it's working smoothly. If the 1st wave it's Frost I will have my Meta ready for "increased damage" phase. But if starts with Lighting phase I will not have Meta ready for that, but I just need to wait 5-6 sec to pop it, no big deal.

PS: On 25 men I ranked 124º on WOL. So it's a viable way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post

PS: On 25 men I ranked 124º on WOL. So it's a viable way to do it.
    Viable != optimal, my friend. Logic like that will get you nowhere. I ranked 107 without a legendary on hagara, therefore the legendary isnt the best weapon?
    Last edited by gakpad; 2012-01-20 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    To re-emphasize what has been said above: only do it on the pull if the first phase is going to be a frost phase. Lightning phase doesn't last long enough and you aren't casting enough to get any meaningful number of impending doom procs that would push you towards having meta up again for the first feedback phase. You can easily tell what phase she's going to start in based on her weapons (if they're glowing frosty with snowflakes - the first phase will be an ice phase, if they're glowing with electricity, it's going to be a lightning phase).
    This. Check what her weapon is doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post

You need to gauge the time it takes your raid (from the initial pull) to kill all 4 ice crystals. If it takes less than 3 minutes, DO NOT pop Demo as you have a good chance of not having Demon Form up for Hagara's increase damage phase.
    You might not have it during the double damage burn phase.. but the faster the frost phase ends the better. I'd personally advise to just pop those cooldowns to end the phase asap.

BTW.. How can you possibly make the fight if the frostphase lasts 3 full minutes :S. The enrage is 7 minutes? Or is my guild just strange for taking 2 lightning and 2 frost phases?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    you might not have it during the double damage burn phase.. But the faster the frost phase ends the better. I'd personally advise to just pop those cooldowns to end the phase asap.

Btw.. How can you possibly make the fight if the frostphase lasts 3 full minutes :s. The enrage is 7 minutes? Or is my guild just strange for taking 2 lightning and 2 frost phases?
    from the initial pull.