Dragon Soul: Holy paladin guide TEST, need Feedback

Introduction:

Hello my name is Taraen, and I raid 25m Heroic content, and have been doing so as a holy paladin for awhile now, this expansion I have killed all end bosses in 25m heroic content when it was current, and I like to keep up to date on current holy paladin theory crafting. Let me start off by saying this is not a how to play your class guide, this a guide that will give you tips, and tricks to help you progress through the content you are working on.

This is from a 25m heroic perspective, so some of the tips may not apply to 10 man guilds.

Heroic Morchock:

Spell Usage:

This fight is pretty straight forward, your main spell usage on this fight is going to be: Holy radiance, Light of Dawn, and WoG *Beacon on the tank

Healing the Fight:

So there are three key mechanics to watch in this fight, Stomp, crystal explosion, and tank damage after every stomp.

So lets identify how to deal with these mechanics

Stomp:

Make sure to have the boss targeted so that you can see the stomp cast bar, make sure to be watching your timers for when the next stomp will occur, then watch the boss, and when he begins to cast, start pre-casting holy radiance to ensure that it hits as soon as the cast ends. After the stomp hits make sure to cast a few more radiances to top your side up, you will have enough HP to LoD the raid for the transfer to the tank to make sure that he stays top'd due to the extra damage going out on the tank after every stomp.

*Make sure to keep an eye on your tank even if you are not assigned to be his full time healer, you can cast a few flash of lights here to help top your tank.

*Note: If you are assigned to be a full time tank healer then your job changes a little, make sure to pre-cast radiance before the stomp to ensure it lands just as stomp lands so you can be effective, use Divine lights on your tank to build HP, and then LoD the raid to help raid heal while keeping heals on the tank.

Explosions:

Explosions primarily come after a stomp, so you will be in the process of chain casting HR anyway to help top your raid up, make sure you have 3HP built up before every explosion so that when the explosion happens you can LoD during the knock back to start healing your group back up. When you land make sure to continue radiance healing to help top your side, and continue as normal.

*Try to use your Divine protection for explosions

The best time to plea/concentration pot is during black blood of the earth, there is no damage going out.

Cool downs: Use your cooldowns early so that they will be back up for sub 20%, I'd suggest getting wings out as soon as the bosses are split and the first stomp is coming out. By the time you lust/hero sub 20% you should have Wings/DF/Goak all up. Make sure to be using them when that goes out, because this is when damage is most intense. Make sure to use your Hand of Sac on cd after stomps throughout the fight, this will help reduce tank damage, and you will not be gibbed.

***Make sure to not sac after a stomp if the explosion is right after, this can be dangerous, and you will die if you do not bubble sac.

That's all there is to it, after every black blood of the earth it starts over, just rinse and repeat!

This is my first guide, I only wrote for the first boss to see what people think, and I want to know if this is wanted, and if my guide will be sufficient for people that will read it, I don't want to write about every boss for it to go to waste. So please comment, and help me so I can write this guide, because I see alot of questions relating to specific heroic fights, and how to heal them.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Radicalatom; 2012-01-19 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly most people on these forums make threads when they need help with a guide, you can put a lot of effort into writing one and it'll be seen by maybe 1-2 people who need it then fall off to a bottom page and never resurface. These forums just aren't made to host guides, unless it's a general class guide that gets stickied.