Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fair enough, I hadn't noticed the difference. That said I've neither been a part of or suffered a premade against me.

Sorry I got my facts wrong ;o

Farm them. In some games we'll farm them at their goal line. In other games, we do it in the pit.

What I like to do is, I'll run the ball near our goal line and pass to an enemy player and then kill him for the 1k Defender medal . (Im not a tank class)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Farm them. In some games we'll farm them at their goal line. In other games, we do it in the pit.

What I like to do is, I'll run the ball near our goal line and pass to an enemy player and then kill him for the 1k Defender medal . (Im not a tank class)
    That's what my premade usually does (farm at the goal line), although I think people are getting wise to our strat. Lately we've been having jugs force push our ball carrier into their goal line to avoid farming at 5 goals... so we started doing it at 4. That or we just hang around in the pit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds of the time when I forced the other team to score the winning point.

isi on page one has a good comment in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    Reminds of the time when I forced the other team to score the winning point.

isi on page one has a good comment in my opinion.
    He also forgot to add the 5-10 min in between games if you're on a server that doesn't have instant queue pops. So the ratio of games - valor/medals isn't better when you win a game in 4 min and end up with 300 valor like we would if we tried.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2012-01-20 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    We always just cap the 6th point on Republic side. You know, most of us aren't wankers lol
    Ha read this
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Actually, what I love to do when I'm sure that we've already won, is throw the ball at one of the Imps, and then kill him along with everyone else.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    This comment just shows how terrible the reward system currently is.

It is basically like camping the GY in WSG in WoW and getting rewarded for doing so instead of making it a detriment which it should be.

I have always just gone for the quick win. If your doing it for max valor then it might be more beneficial to just win quickly and do another. I find doing the objectives to be much better than sitting there boosting my kills/dmg.

i think you should farm, people who call you a smuck or w/e lose sight of the fact that its PVP...where there is no reason to feel bad about crushing the other team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

I didn't mind farming in Huttball, even if I was in the losing team. It's all about PvP and if we could focus on killing one another I was happy.
    I'm still thinking about it...

On my server you get to know who people are from match to match, who their guild is, and you play with them as much as you go up against them. It really gets you no place fast to burn bridges.

It's kind of like bots. One guy got booted from his guild last night when a group from his guild came into the match with him in tow. We--random people in the ops--explained what was going on and how he had been botting all night. One of his guild mates said, "he does that" and a few of us left. Their guild leader told me they were down 3-0 in a hurry. Of course, with cross server BG's I am guessing the guy wouldn't have gotten booted from his guild because his guild already knew about. It was only until things got personal and there were consequence they took action, but consequences there are.

Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    I have always just gone for the quick win. If your doing it for max valor then it might be more beneficial to just win quickly and do another. I find doing the objectives to be much better than sitting there boosting my kills/dmg.
    I would say this is dependent on queue times, if you get instant queues its probably better to win fast in the current setup and hop in the next one, however it doesnt work the other way around and the milk it idea comes out way ahead.

Winning and Losing really mean very little outside of dailies (that sometimes don't count), I would rather see some incentive added to win.

i love the attitude in online gaming that persists. the one that basically consists of "being an asshole is fine as long as i benefit, because that benefit justifies everything. i got mine! fuck you!" and "it's pvp! we're supposed to be against each other!" there are such things as a gracious winner and honor in conflict.

sorry the ends don't always justify the means kiddos.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I usually just take the win and move on. Capout, shutout. Farming at 5-0 is kind of a dick move, and I'm not about that. Unsportsmanlike, etc.

The people who do are usually just kids, or have some other mental/social issues.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Ha read this
    That line has nothing to do with farming, though. He talks about not capping the 6th point is being a wanker, while the example I put out has nothing to do with not capping the 6th point. God forbid I have fun.

---------- Post added 2012-01-20 at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I usually just take the win and move on. Capout, shutout. Farming at 5-0 is kind of a dick move, and I'm not about that. Unsportsmanlike, etc.

The people who do are usually just kids, or have some other mental/social issues.
    You call us kids because we like to get 600 more valor? I call you someone who doesn't know how to maximize your valor:time ratio. Especially when the rankings go up in the several dozen thousands in the 50s, you want to do every little thing to squeeze out your valor.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You call us kids because we like to get 600 more valor? I call you someone who doesn't know how to maximize your valor:time ratio. Especially when the rankings go up in the several dozen thousands in the 50s, you want to do every little thing to squeeze out your valor.
    You obviously haven't done the math then.

1400 valor over 15 minutes

Is LESS than

1600 valor over 10 minutes (in 2 games, both capouts)

Try again maybe?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    You obviously haven't done the math then.

1400 valor over 15 minutes

Is LESS than

1600 valor over 10 minutes (in 2 games, both capouts)

Try again maybe?
    This is requiring a perfect set up. Learn to add real-life probabilities.

*This requires that queue is instant, and that there is no 2 minute wait time before the game
    *This requires that you get into Huttball two times in a row, which isn't likely as Republic
    *This requires that both games are completely dominated, which again isn't very likely

If all those requirements are met, only then is it faster to cap the 6th point. But in reality - those requirements are not met.

The stance I, and a lot of others, take is that if it is the opposing Faction, feel free to farm. If it is your own faction, just end the game if it is that much of a victory. If there is still 10 minutes on the clock, and you are 5-0, don't farm your fellow faction for those 10 minutes. 3 minutes or so, maybe. But not 5+. end the game, get in the next. Just sit in Illum and farm people for your Valor. Maintaining a semblance of a good community on a server would be a good thing in this game. But I guess it also depends on how your server is. I know there are a few fellow Imperials on my server I wouldn't mind kicking the piss out of for a while.

This is why pvp shouldn't have any rewards. PVP should be for fun.

But I forgot... this is an mmorpg where gear and level > skill and fun....

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even a 4-0, we start to farm. You get more in terms of rewards from farming than you do from simply playing the objectives.