Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint - Extremely Fun

Just did this flashpoint last night with a guild group on hard mode.

Great dialogue choices
    Left 4 Dead meets Dead Space type feel
    Exciting moments

The boss fights were all fairly straightforward and not too difficult for a decent 50s group.

The bonus droid boss is definitely the most challenging and will put lower geared groups to the test.

You can get 2 Columi Helm drops in the FP 1 off last boss and 1 off the droid boss so it is good for filling some gear for folks.

Overall this was a great experience after being disappointed with some elements of the patch. There were some bugs I found and reported namely a stuck in mount position bug and battle rez not working, but those were reported by the group.

If you haven't done this on normal or hard mode please do so, it is a very well done flashpoint.
    Last edited by jearle; 2012-01-20 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking L4D the ENTIRE time we were in there.

Possible spoiler The scream that happens when that one mob pushes people actually made me jump the first time. REALLY well done instance.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2012-01-20 at 02:52 PM.

Yeah I plan on doing it tomorrow, did heroic Maelstrom today, won't spoil it for others but fuaaark the kotor loregasm... it's immense...

Deleted
    I wish i could,
    Right now the only FP's done on my server are around level 10 to 30ish and because I decided to play a Sith Mara, an only dps class, I cant get into any of the good guilds and have only been able to do a single Hardmode FP and that was Black Talon :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I particularly enjoyed turret duty on the first encounter. pew pew

Optional boss pretty much requires everyone to be on the ball with their CC. Those drones like 3 shot me -_-

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I particularly enjoyed turret duty on the first encounter. pew pew

Optional boss pretty much requires everyone to be on the ball with their CC. Those drones like 3 shot me -_-
    Yeah we dragged the boss a ways back from where he first starts. The drones spawn right at that point, so gives you a lot more time to cc them. (I would also flashbang to buy more time for hard cc's)

Deleted
    Yeah its a really, really well done instance, great atmosphere and lighting, the difficulty curve isnt great, last boss being face roll and bonus being tough.

We had a leaver before the bonus boss so filled it with a random and didnt mange to get it done so we moved on.

You can get 2 columi head drops from last boss? My grp only got 1

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Yeah its a really, really well done instance, great atmosphere and lighting, the difficulty curve isnt great, last boss being face roll and bonus being tough.
    We had a leaver before the bonus boss so filled it with a random and didnt mange to get it done so we moved on.
    I think its a perfect design and hope to see more of it in the future.

If you make the last boss extremely hard and requiring tons of tactics, coordination, dps reqs then people can't complete the encounter and it will eventually be nerfed anyway.

If you make the bonus boss insanely difficult it gives better geared/skilled players a challenge and opp for some extra loot and something less skill/geared players to work towards, but it is still optional and doesnt effect completion of the flashpoint.

I hope all the flashpoints going forward have 1 insanely difficult bonus boss with tough mechanics.

Overall though I agree the 2nd and last bosses could be a bit more difficult.

---------- Post added 2012-01-20 at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    You can get 2 columi head drops from last boss? My grp only got 1
    1 from last boss and 1 from bonus boss, edited OP for clarity.

Yeah the optional was pretty tough. Luckily, they haven't changed it so people can run back in after death so I just heal-tanked the boss while they rushed back.

THAT was pretty rough to heal with the flashpoint 1-2 second lag on abilities, especially with that 3.5K knockback right in the middle of an Innervate or DI. It was fun for me, because there really isn't that much that's overly difficult to heal which puts me in a catch-22: I don't like everything being face-roll to heal but I severely disagree with how brutal healing was getting back into on Cata's launch.

And yeah, I agree with the end being normal and optional being a very rough difficulty. That's kinda the staple of RPGs with optional bosses being fairly brutal sometimes simply because they are optional.
    Last edited by Viertel; 2012-01-20 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I think its a perfect design and hope to see more of it in the future.

If you make the last boss extremely hard and requiring tons of tactics, coordination, dps reqs then people can't complete the encounter and it will eventually be nerfed anyway.

If you make the bonus boss insanely difficult it gives better geared/skilled players a challenge and opp for some extra loot and something less skill/geared players to work towards, but it is still optional and doesnt effect completion of the flashpoint.

I hope all the flashpoints going forward have 1 insanely difficult bonus boss with tough mechanics.

Overall though I agree the 2nd and last bosses could be a bit more difficult.

---------- Post added 2012-01-20 at 10:28 AM ----------

1 from last boss and 1 from bonus boss, edited OP for clarity.
    hmm yeah good point never thought of it that way, it'd fit well for alot of instances, but that would cloud instances like the False Emperor where the last boss is truely the last boss and important and epic , if you've slogged your way through a bonus boss who was tough come to that end boss and beat him easily your gonna be a bit like "what the hell" this dude was supposed to be hard and the bonus droid was tougher?

But yeah the last boss needs buffing, i was preparing to heal through some big damage with 3 mobs and them enraging, but they all hit like pansies and i spent half the fight dpsing (only healer)

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    hmm yeah good point never thought of it that way, it'd fit well for alot of instances, but that would cloud instances like the False Emperor where the last boss is truely the last boss and important and epic , if you've slogged your way through a bonus boss who was tough come to that end boss and beat him easily your gonna be a bit like "what the hell" this dude was supposed to be hard and the bonus droid was tougher?
    Instances where the last boss is intended to be an epic encounter like FE should not have the difficult bonus bosses i agree, and that final fight should be a bitch to beat.

I provided feedback on the final boss in Kaon, it was extremely faceroll. The mechanics of the fight are neat too they just need to add some damage to put pressure on the healer.

By far my favorite flashpoint, though the mandatory bosses seemed a bit to easy. Wiped three times, twice to trash and once to the bonus. Not knowing what we were doing, but the bosses being so easy was kind of disappointed. And a vibroblade dropped from the second boss, lol. Speaking of him, what was the point of all the lights and explosive barrels? We just kited him around and killed him.

Deleted
    You blow up the barrels when he's near them to remove his buffs so he doesn't take all day to kill.

Give some feedback to Bioware on the official forums and let them know the bosses are undertuned in difficulty.
    Glad to hear this FP was entertaining - looking forward to checking it out at lvl 50. Some of the flashpoint content in this game is heads above any other game I've played as far as storyline and polish goes. Just need to get the boss fights to the correct difficulty level.

I agree, its definately a lot of fun. The floating flashlights made it more interesting, and you had to be careful of pulling too many mobs at any given point. The turret fight was hilarious.

Once we figured out the barrel trick to the 2nd boss, he died pretty quick.

Haven't tried it on heroic. The group I ran it with decided to try it on regular first, to see what it was about.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

I wish I could do it but I am jugger dps

Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    You blow up the barrels when he's near them to remove his buffs so he doesn't take all day to kill.
    We were on hard mode and didn't blow up the barrels and he still died really fast, like, sadly so.

I hope they use that darkness effect in future places in the game, it's so creepy. That's one thing that bothers me about the planets right now, no night/day cycle. Imagine doing Taris with that darkness effect. Would of added a whole level of awesomeness to the planet.

Really enjoyed tanking it, especially the first boss. So many adds, and the first time you do it it feels like it goes on forever. Felt truly heroic tanking them all and jumping around everywhere to pick them all up. The huge knockback from the screamers makes it pretty challenging as well.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I hope they use that darkness effect in future places in the game, it's so creepy. That's one thing that bothers me about the planets right now, no night/day cycle. Imagine doing Taris with that darkness effect. Would of added a whole level of awesomeness to the planet
    For the Empire, it's night on Taris.