Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I would do it only if my consciousness can continue living in that alternate reality even after my physical body dies, if my mind can't be immortal then there's no point to it life would turn dull since its basically playing a video game with cheat codes and it would be better to continue living in the real world and make the best out of life as i can

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I would do it only if my consciousness can continue living in that alternate reality even after my physical body dies, if my mind can't be immortal then there's no point to it life would turn dull since its basically playing a video game with cheat codes and it would be better to continue living in the real world and make the best out of life as i can
    What cheat codes?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd do it without a second thought.

If it's a perfect world, then nothing in RL could top it. Anything you want you could have. You could make it as real as you wanted, you would just play it like you would any simulation game, where you mould your 'character' around your aspirations and desires, without the hassle of the RL holding you back.

I'd rather play a game than go to work, therefore I'd much rather live my a fake matrix life to my specifications than live a real one full of things that make you wonder if you'd actually be happier being dead.

If you could do it like in the matrix where you would not consciously know it was fake, that would be perfect.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

I don't trust computers with my personal info.

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    I would never give up my right to an hero.

I would like to clone myself, and see my clones live their own lifes, as I see them.

Now that would be interesting.

I would make a blond-blue eyed male version of me, and a mongol one.

Put the to fight for food.

Because clones are not humans.
    Your clones would be human... unless you're not human!
    I do agree with your an hero statement, though.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    solar powered and self-supporting.
    Oh yes, now THAT'S reliable. With that setup, I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10-foot pole. Power it up with something reliable and sustainable, and I'll enter to continue my life as-is form that point onward, but with suddenly obtained Dr. Manhattan powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, however. I have doubts about this system in terms of friendship in current life. If friends and people close to you could be brought into this dream/realm then without doubt yes.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Deleted
    Might as well just ask "Would you like life more if it was better?" as far as I'm concerned.

Yes. Obviously.

No, I wouldn't trade my life, not because my life is so amazing and problem-free but because I want to live real life and not a simulation. I like the fact that I have to cope with life, that things don't always go as I planned, that is what you struggle against, that is what I call living. I cannot imagine being one of those sheltered uber-rich people who can literally just stare at the ceiling all day long while others do everything for them, to me that's about as close to a pointless life as it gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    What cheat codes?
    for 1 you created it so you are basically god and you can make things go the way you want them to go

for 1 you created it so you are basically god and you can make things go the way you want them to go
    But you lose your memory so you wouldn't remember in what manner you programmed it.

Deleted
    I would program a world where the same machine exists. Scientists in the real world could then observe me to see if I decided to enter yet another false world within the false world. This could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Machines need a power source <--- power comes from people operating particular machines, unless that machine creates its own power source.

Besides that, just because your in your own fantasy does not mean the world around you Isn't changing, what if war broke out? and the building your housed in is destroyed? You would die far sooner than you would have in life. never able to even finish everything you wanted in your fantasy setting
    holy crap why are u over thinking this. its just a hypothetical situation. just shut up and go with it.

Honestly who wouldn't do this? Even if reality is treating you well now, you can always integrate those variables into this new reality. I would definitely do it OP.

Sounds like a great idea, anything would be better than what I currently have.

Having said that - given all I'm missing in the real one is money, I'd probably just start selling seats on the machine - make money and allow myself to do all the things for real that I can't currently do.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knarko View Post
    I would program a world where the same machine exists. Scientists in the real world could then observe me to see if I decided to enter yet another false world within the false world. This could go on.
    The Thirteenth Floor Anyone ....

You do not know that you created this world. You are also not "god". You could program yourself a world in which you are nothing more but a rockstar... and thats it. You can't kill people by pointing a finger on them, as long as you didnt program it this way.

Also, once programed, it cannot be changed anymore. Remember, you can't leave the machine anymore so you can't change stuff once you are in there...

I would most likely be a Son Goku style guy with a lot of bad guys, which I have to fight in order to save the world

or some similar stuff