10+ Year Old Account

When to start HM Flashpoints?

So I just hit 50, and I have been trying to find flashpoint groups for the level 50 flashpoints and it seems people are only running HMs on my server during the times I play. What type of gear should a person have before they start to do HMs?

Blues for the easier ones like Black Talon, Kaon under siege, False Emperor, and Foundry is easy now

When you hit 50 basically, maybe spend a day doing daily quests for mods/enchancements/barrel/hilt and buy some cheap BoE blues from AH.
    Some people will come up with crazy shit like "LFM BLACK TALON MIN. 18K HP REQUIRED" etc. but they are just crazy so don't buy into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that's not too bad then. I am a PT Tank sitting with 16000 health with a couple purples from crafting and otherwise orange and blue gear with all mods up to date.

you can start raiding in greens, and it's much more rewarding than flashpoints. same gear level, better distribution. you could get unlucky of course, or you can walk out with your 4 piece columi and a weapon. on average you get 1-2 pieces of gear and TONS of biometric alloys.

Deleted
    depends when you dinged 50, my group dinged on Voss, and we went straight to heroic Esseles we were very undergeared and the mandalorian boss did some big damage on us. so we spent a couple of days finishing voss/Corellia and illim, did a run through of BoI and FE and some belsavis dailies, went back and the heroics were fine.

first time we went there tank was 11k second time he was around 15k so your more then enough, though if your pugging id always recommend more daily mods, if yoru with guildies or friends im sure you can do 'em fine.

When I dinged lvl50, I first got myself best stuff I could buy with tokens. Then I also did some dailies and got myself armors,mods and enhancements (not all, just a bit). Then I went to hm bt.

I'm myself a tank and I have noticed stuff is harder if dps is still using something like lvl45-47mods. At least black talon hm, is doable even, though you might hit enrages and wipe. Personally I didn't even try other hm until I was full purple items and as good modifications as possible. I'm also using stims in other heroics and we still wipe and hit enrages often (even though dps is at _least_ same grade gear as I am).

So, I say like this. It is possible to do the easiest (at least black talon) with slightly worse gear, but for bit harder ones, get some stuff. Dailies and gtn got some pro stuff.