Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Haste vs Mastery Hpal

Hello guys.

First of all I want to say that this is not meant to be an argumentation thread, so please keep it real guys.
    Myself, I've always been playing with haste before mastery. But today I decided, for funs to try out going with mastery and this is the results:

(Ultraxion LFR)

Haste:

Mastery:

So as you can see, Mastery does more healing than Haste does.
    I had Food buff(90 int - 90 stam) as my own extra buff, on both tries and I used the BLUE buff.

With mastery, I did 1766082, more or less healing. Ofc I know this isnt the real number since it's different people and different outputs.
    But overall saying I did over one milion more healing with fairly -0.2% lesser spell haste(casting time).

The stat's I was using:
    Haste: 16,90% (10,86% mastery)
    Mastery: 17,14%(8.25% haste)

So what's your view on this?
    Could mastery be more worth than haste at some point?

So what is your view on this?
    I'm a kittycat

Well, the blue buff does give you 100% haste, so if you stack mastery specificaly for that fight, you have no need at all for any point in haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    Well, the blue buff does give you 100% haste, so if you stack mastery specificaly for that fight, you have no need at all for any point in haste.
    Yeah, that's true. But that's also why I used the blue buff on both fights.
    So yeah, haste+haste = more casts than I got with mastery, but still mastery "won"
    I'm a kittycat

For that fight yes mastery is better, however if you truly wish to see which stat is better you need to compare with a fight that doesn't give you a haste buff.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Build a Mastery set, and a Haste set. It all depends on the encounter tho, some fights; Haste wins and other fights Mastery wins.

1) You're using Ultraxion as a test (with blue buff ruining any haste you have)
    2) sample size is only 1
    3) the fight with your mastery setup seems to have taken a lot longer than the other fight
    4) It's lfr - fight duration and other healers differ a lot.

Deleted
    Try to take the red buff next time, and show us again. Blue is giving you the haste your made to mastery.

OP, this is anecdotal evidence and useless as "proof" of any claims whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    OP, this is anecdotal evidence and useless as "proof" of any claims whatsoever.
    The thread is not made for any kind of proof. I want to know your opinions about why haste is better than mastery.
    I've ALWAYS been using haste. Always, Always. And this is why I made the thread.

Nillo; Both fights were about the same time. A few seconds more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemrus View Post
    Try to take the red buff next time, and show us again. Blue is giving you the haste your made to mastery.
    So why didn't I do more healing(or got closer) when I had haste? Haste+Haste = More casts than I should have with mastery.
    I'm a kittycat

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    So why didn't I do more healing(or got closer) when I had haste? Haste+Haste = More casts than I should have with mastery.
    Ok, you're either trolling or don't know what the kalecgos buff do, and how haste works on this game. You get 100% haste from the blue buff, which is way more than needed to put you in the absolute haste cap, which means your global cooldown and your spells will be 1s cast each. The Kalecgos buff bascialy makes all the haste you have in your gear useless.

1) Nillo; Both fights were about the same time. A few seconds more or less.

2) So why didn't I do more healing(or got closer) when I had haste? Haste+Haste = More casts than I should have with mastery.
    1) That's why the total healing is ~40M vs ~50M?
    2) I'd have to guess half of the raid died when you used the haste build => less targets => less HR hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    1) That's why the total healing is ~40M vs ~50M?
    2) I'd have to guess half of the raid died when you used the haste build => less targets => less HR hits.
    1: "more or less"
    2: Nope, no people dead.
    I'm a kittycat

Deleted
    Well first thing I notice, your HR did 1.3mil more healing on the mastery attempt. Clearly this is ruining your experiment right there. I don't know WHY you did more HR with the mastery build, your sample size is 1 and LFR varies wildly so obviously something varied here and caused you to just naturally do more HPS on attempt 2, it had nothing to do with stats. You just cast A LOT more HRs, so your recount will look different. So we've already established that your test was useless, sorry if that sounds rude, not trying to put you down but it really is a pointless way of trying to determine stat usefulness.

Why do people use haste? Because it's the best option overall:
    1) Mathematically its the cheapest, you need ~130 haste rating to gain 1% as opposed to 180 for mastery and crit
    2) It is consistent, your cast will always be faster (except on Ultrax where you're capped). On the flip side mastery absorbs might go unused and crit is RNG
    3) Improved reaction time (duh)

Mathematically being the cheapest stat for buffing your HPS and being the most consistent stat are the main reasons. Mastery and crit have their places as well and they are actually close but you asked "why haste" and those are the reasons.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-01-21 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    As some have said Haste > Mastery for some fights and vice versa. I imagine haste is more "flexible" in it's role though. More ticks, quicker cast times, etc but mastery only affects direct heals and HR initial heal. In addition, the mastery buff does not guarantee absorption as healing since quite often, the proc will simply expire.

You can't simply base an entire theory for why mastery is superior based on a comparison of a SINGLE encounter, there are too many factors to consider.

Unless you can say that most fights favor mastery on many attempts with appropriate sources then this debate is entirely useless.

Haste will provide extra ticks even if you got blue buff though...

Just look at a couple of things...
    Holy Radiance 10k hits vs 6k hits
    Light of Dawn 198 hits vs 174 hits

Problem is you got more casts supposedly with less haste so either the fights were not the same length or you have some secret trick where having less haste somehow lets you cast faster.

Not only is your evidence weak but people have already mathed this out so not sure what the point is?

Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Haste will provide extra ticks even if you got blue buff though...
    Or in other words haste only affects half of HR, just like mastery with the only difference that mastery effect on the direct heal is way better than the amount of haste needed for extra ticks.

Hey guys. I flipped a quarter twice and it came up tails both times. I think this quarter has two tails sides.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Hey guys. I flipped a quarter twice and it came up tails both times. I think this quarter has two tails sides.
    My father told me that if i gather 5000000 quarters, he will give me 1 extra for free! I'm so excited but i wont be able to move with so many quarters on me...

Well yeah obviously on a fight like Ulraxion it will be higher.