Start with Normal or Hard mode?

Hello,

My guild and I will do our first operation tomorrow, but we're on the fence whether or not we should start with normal difficulty or hard modes.
    Half of us are already pretty epicced out because we've been doing a lot of PvP, the others recently dinged 50 and are mostly wearing blues.

I've heard normal mode EV is actually easier than 4-man heroics (and we've only done a few of those), and that other guilds have easily cleared most of EV only wearing blues so I'm wondering if we perhaps should go right in and start with Hard modes?

Any advice is appreciated!

Just do the normal mode first, you can clear normal mode and hardmode in the same week, they don't share lockout, so once you've gotten to know the bosses in normal it will be easier in hardmode because the bosses are the same, just tighter enrage timers, more damage and more hp.

Ahhh nice, didn't know that about the lockouts. Thanks

Normal mode will only take you like 2 hours, 3 if you need to find out the mechanics

You should do normal first just to get a feel for the bosses. As a warm up.

I'd just start with hard unless your raid members are a bunch of clickers. Normal is meant to be like easier than LFR in WoW, if you play that. If you're an organized raid and not a pug, go with the actual 'normal' mode which is the 2nd tier difficulty

Haven't tried hard karaggas yet, but in ev if you have the dps to kill the first boss on hard the next 3 are free loot. Soa has proved to be..... difficult tho.

Full clear of my guilds first EV normal run, if you'd like 22 mins of entertainment I guess lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QabJWaYNLQ

I definitely recommend Normal then Hard Mode, check my video out to see.

I do not recommend normal operations, ist just frustrating because you cant distribute the loot yourseld
    once at most to see the mechanics of the encounters

pvp champion gear is enough for hardmodes, columni gear (from hardmoce operations) is not much better than champion gear.

First boss is fun.
    Second boss bugs out constantly.
    third boss (lol what boss) is cake if the thing doesn't bug out.
    fourth boss is cake.
    SOA is interesting and pretty fun.

Only real reason to have 2 tanks is for third boss and if your MT gets Prisoned at SOA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    Full clear of my guilds first EV normal run, if you'd like 22 mins of entertainment I guess lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QabJWaYNLQ

I definitely recommend Normal then Hard Mode, check my video out to see.
    This video is not available in Germany. Just FYI.