Deleted

Just bought SWTOR

Heya fellas.

So I just bought SWTOR and I'm just wondering which class is the most noob-friendly? Which class is best in general?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say that most noob friendly class is the Sith Inquisitor, or the Jedi equivalent. However, all of the classes are more complex than I'm used to from WoW because I haven't read any definitive BEST rotations or anything about my classes. On the Empire side the best class is debatable, however, I'd have to say it is the Imperial Agent when you use the Sniper specialization. I don't know much about the Republic side of things, but from what I've seen in PvP, the Trooper is VERY good indeed.

Deleted
    I've been looking at Smugglers, are they sort of like rogues?

And as far as servers go, could you recommend a good one? The best perhaps?
    Last edited by mmocd7a9cae4d7; 2012-01-22 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyroox View Post
    I've been looking at Smugglers, are they sort of like rogues?

And as far as servers go, could you recommend a good one? The best perhaps?
    Scoundrels are basically rogues, who also though, can heal and spec into a healing spec.

Another class close to rogue is a Consular Shadow, has stealth, can vanish, good utility, but it's more like a enh shammy as dps, and dk like tank. Most classes are good to roll right now.

Bounty hunter, powertech'd, with healer companion is pretty decently easy.

Inquisitors start out easy but they can get more complicated at later levels depending on which advanced class you take. They have decent enough survivability but you end up having to manage more to be so. Someone experienced in mmo's but new to swtor might find inq's good but Im skeptical for someone who is very new to mmo's or general gaming. BH are pretty much pew pew.

Deleted
    Id just play whatever story appeals to you the most, just like in other mmos each has strengths and weaknesses, I have always played ranged classes, so playing melee is hard for me, but to someone else its totally the other way around

Merc BH was pretty faceroll. I say this after lvling one, pvpin, and now doing Heroic Raids on one. Its litterly a 4 button rotation lol.

Compared to my Sith Inquis, which is way more intricate. I have so many abilities idk what to do with them :O lol.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Every class is more or less noob-friendly at lower levels, and work up their complexity as they go towards the cap. Damage, healing and tank efficiency wise, they're all pretty equal - some are slightly better at some things than the other classes, but they are balanced in total.

You can go to www.torstatus.net if you need help in finding a home. There you can find population graphs and charts, and approximate population sizes on all the servers. I'm not saying that you should base your future server on that site, but it will give you a decent idea of how big, or small, the communities are on each server.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think BH is the easiest class; your companion is a healer makes it cake. With a sorc/sage you have a tank companion and have to manage them out of AOE more than you should which sucks... I dont think anything is hard but BH is probably the easy starter.

If you like a rogue then yes scoundrel is the way to go; shouldnt be too hard with stealth and once you get a bit of level then they really take off.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Bounty hunter, powertech'd, with healer companion is pretty decently easy.
    This a million times. Powertech Pyrotech with healer companion is what I roll(ed) for Imperial. Lots of fun, lots of explosions and fire, feels pretty OP for leveling compared to other classes. They look like badasses too. A lot like cross between the current Unholy (DoTs)/Frost (Burst, general OPness) DK.

Jedi Shadow Infiltrator is a good one for PvP, but I'd argue it isn't very rogue like...lot more tanky with great utility and CC...I can gold medal with mine all day. Just not really rogue like to me at all other than having stealth and vanish.

Scoundral Scrapper is most rogue like...and it is OMG fun for PvE (haven't tried it in PvP). Stealth + nice burst damage. Shotgunning someone in the back of the head. REALLY fun class.

A Shadow/assassin plays more like a rogue than an operative/scoundrel at max level, though both have stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the classes are fairly good to lvl. I had the easiest time with the bounty hunter in beta. They have so much AOE as a merc they run through shit.