Thread: Fizz and Ezreal

Deleted

Fizz and Ezreal

Fizz, ahhh so much fun ^^ get fed, use W, use Q, kill, jump out of the battle or jump to dodge the last turret shot if you turret dived.

Hard early game however, sucks.

Now, Ezreal. Why do people have so much against him? They say he falls off late game. I can see a little why, he just isn't as pewpew. He is harder to play then other AD carries. The skillshots and my ulti I like very much. (sniping people who think they got away safely with that little health).

Why so much hate on Ezreal? (on offical forums)

You answered your question already. He falls off late game and theres really no reason to play him over someone like Graves(I could go on, but I won't), who is easier to play and is much better than him at everything he does. The only thing he has over Graves is range I guess? If you enjoy him then cool, he isn't that terrible, in fact he is one of the only ad carries I bother playing regularly, but he just isn't that great compared to other ad carries right now. they all out class him, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    You answered your question already. He falls off late game and theres really no reason to play him over someone like Graves(I could go on, but I won't), who is easier to play and is much better than him at everything he does. The only thing he has over Graves is range I guess? If you enjoy him then cool, he isn't that terrible, in fact he is one of the only ad carries I bother playing regularly, but he just isn't that great compared to other ad carries right now. they all out class him, hard.
    I've been playing him as AP, which makes him a bit more fun. Especially his Ult.

Oh god, the snipe damage I can do now.

Deleted
    Thing is, if you build champions like that you really rely on that snipe damage. If you use this too early in a teamfight, or if you miss, your added value decreases by A LOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ez is very strong early game. Very. Chinese teams often run a high kill team setup that focuses on his early game power to try and end games at like 30 mins. He's often banned also. Compared to NA/EU style of play, where AD plays pretty passive to get farmed up for a while, I can see why he gets hate of forums and in-game (Had someone say "Oh god Ezreal." when I picked him. went 5-0-3 and game ended at 20).

He falls off late game. Q, his main source of damage, can't crit. It can also be blocked by the tank or minions. Compared to someone like Caitlyn, right click and destroy,

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Thing is, if you build champions like that you really rely on that snipe damage. If you use this too early in a teamfight, or if you miss, your added value decreases by A LOT.
    Oh, his ult. is buffed up a lot but his W/E are nice as well. His Q will not be great like if you went AD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Oh, his ult. is buffed up a lot but his W/E are nice as well. His Q will not be great like if you went AD.
    "His Q will not be great like if you went AD."

?? Q is strongest skill of AD Ezreal and what he is built around basically.

Deleted
    He is saying that his Q is better AD than AP.

I like to play Ez, he's a lot of fun, but he is much harder to execute than other AD carries. I have never tried to play him AP, might have a go one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    He need to "charge" his passive before fights, most AD carries enter the fight ready from first sec, Ezreal need to start casting to max his potential dmg (Graves passive help his def, which usually doesn't happen to him in first sec of fight)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post

I like to play Ez, he's a lot of fun, but he is much harder to execute than other AD carries. I have never tried to play him AP, might have a go one day.
    Ahhh gotcha, my mistake.

If you play him AP, do it on Dominion. IT's where I do it. Ulti is great for sniping low health people after a capture-point fight. He also doesn't need to farm, which is AP Ez's biggest weakness and limitation in SR.

@ sam86

His W gives him charges. You can just use it on allies before a team fight for quick easy stacks. Most Ez's I know/watch also Ulti before the Teamfight getting quite a few stacks. Usually down near the end if all Q's are hit.

Deleted
    I don't play ranked games so I'm not all too sure about what opponents I actually face, but I play Ez as my main AD carry and do so successfully I would say. But yea, I guess any champion can be played successfully when facing opponents below your skill level.

What I really like about him is that he isn't completely obliterated by armor as many other AD carries. With his W I have yet to lose a duel vs another AD carry unless they got majorly better farm than me.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2012-01-22 at 11:58 AM.

Been playing Ezreal as well recently, but I'm still having difficulties. At first it was the skillshots, but I feel that has gotten a lot better lately. But just now I had a pretty long match, think it was over 50 min and at the end I felt i just couldn't keep up with the damage other people were dishing out. I had a twitch on my team and he was just slicing through the enemy team. In the end we lost, and I do feel it was my fault, atleast partially, because I just couldn't do enough damage or give enough support.

Mest, if i may ask, how do you build your ez?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souma View Post
    Mest, if i may ask, how do you build your ez?
    First off, bind QWE to smart cast when you play Ez if you don't already. Improves your reaction time and accuracy by so much.

I start with a Doran's Blade, then Sheen/Phage/Boots asap. I often finish Trinity Force before anything else, even rank two boots. I slip in a Vamp Scepter somewhere around here then save money for a BF Sword and Bloodthirster. After the BT I build an Infinity Edge or some defensive item if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post

Q stil does very decent damage as AP once you get your Lich Bane.

Going AP on Ez has only ever seemed like the real way to go for me.

Q, even though scaling on AD, still does a bunch of damage when you get decent AP + Lich Bane, W, E and R are much stronger than if you would play as AD.

The only downside is that you have no sustain but in return you get great burst which is what I like so much about Ezreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    His passive still doesn't stay long for Ezreal, he need to charge his W too exactly before team fight, and it may be hard for his team to stand still to charge him
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    His passive still doesn't stay long for Ezreal, he need to charge his W too exactly before team fight, and it may be hard for his team to stand still to charge him
    It lasts 6 seconds. You have plenty of ways to charge it. Ulti will usually hit 3-4 of them if you're using it at the right time, probably hit some minions too. Your team doesn't need to stand still to hit with W, it isn't that difficult. No need to line up in a perfect line. Even so Q has like literally a 1-2 second CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Ezreal, I've personally loved Hybrid. I've found that it makes all your spells hurt in a very consistent matter. Now you won't do huge damage on your Q for AD or W, E, and R for AP; however, your consistent damage that you lay out can overlook that. Just my own two cents here

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Deleted
    Bahaha. Fizz is just amazing when he is almost full build.

The burst is outright nuts.