Thread: Release date

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Release date

So i havent heard much about the release except that its Q1 2012 HOWEVER Q1 is January, February and March but January is almost gone so that leaves 2 months and 9 till the end of Q1 and they havent announced a release date. Is my info that it'll be in Q1 outdated or what?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Deleted
    They never said it would definitely be in Q1 as far as I'm aware, that was what they were aiming for and what most people thought. They have recently done quite a large amount of system changes (see www.diablofans.com), BUT they have not said they definitely wont be meeting Q1 so it could be just about anything.... but it doesn't look particularly close. Basically, no one knows!

Its always like this with Blizz, they take their time, will most likely delay it again, upside is they do it for the sake of the content and making it a better game

with the big stat changes that will go in in the next beta test a lot or people are thinking more towards Q2 or maybe even Q3 at its current stage.
    the patch is kind of a big change for a release to be in the next 2 months since it effect every item that had stats previously.

Quote Originally Posted by godgunner View Post
    with the big stat changes that will go in in the next beta test a lot or people are thinking more towards Q2 or maybe even Q3 at its current stage.
    the patch is kind of a big change for a release to be in the next 2 months since it effect every item that had stats previously.
    You really thinks changing stats generated randomly is hard whether its attack, preci, vit,def or str,dex,int,vit ?

The only things that require work are for Sets and Uniques and well that's pretty easy, designate a prefered class for every set and uniques. Yeah this will take 4 months for sure...

This is the same than when they decided spellpower would be given by intellect in WoW. Believe me, it didn't required that much tests or time.

Maybe they are balancing it, and that must take a lot of time :P
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Whatever the release date is... it's gonna be way too late.

Oh well, I'm just so impatient to try this game. But I'd rather have a polished game coming out when it's perfect, than a rushed out title. That's what Blizz is strong for.

Developing a game takes time. Releasing a polished and successful game takes even more time. People have waited ten years for this, so another 6 months for a polished game out of the box can't hurt.

Pic from IGN

Yeah, that means Q1 though
    as April is Q2 ;p

I think they meant; We'll announce the day we'll announce the release date in Q1... they just had a weird wording is all. Everyone misunderstood them
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Pic from IGN
    It's a placeholder date because it's the end of Q1. We'll know for sure at the same time the stores do

Quote Originally Posted by godgunner View Post
    The changes were announced, not to say they're thinking about it. The difference is that most of the work has been done already.

Initial implementation is often times the easy part. Test and debug iterations can take up a lot of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    They always said early 2012 .. and if you take that 100% literally that means before the end of june. Ofcourse everybody guessed it would be the 1st quater but nobody knows. And with every blizzard game they wont release it before they are 100% sure they are done with it.
    Also generally we hear 2 months in advance when a game is going to be released, so if we dont get a release date before the end of february it wont be in the first quater i presume.

How many times do Blizzard have to say "No, shops do not know the release date, you'll know as soon as they do" before people listen?

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    They always said early 2012 .. and if you take that 100% literally that means before the end of june. Ofcourse everybody guessed it would be the 1st quater but nobody knows. And with every blizzard game they wont release it before they are 100% sure they are done with it.
    Also generally we hear 2 months in advance when a game is going to be released, so if we dont get a release date before the end of february it wont be in the first quater i presume.
    I don't think you know what 'literal' means, or 100%. Early is subjective, but I can't think of any reasonable person saying that June is in the early part of the year. If they wait until they are 100% sure they are done with it, it will never get released. The game will get released with known bugs, and it will more than likely have patches afterward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    I don't think you know what 'literal' means, or 100%. Early is subjective, but I can't think of any reasonable person saying that June is in the early part of the year. If they wait until they are 100% sure they are done with it, it will never get released. The game will get released with known bugs, and it will more than likely have patches afterward.
    Yes i do know what early means, but its still the first half of the year so its "technically" early 2012. Anyways the problem is while every game has bugs at the start you do want to reduce that to an absolute low. Starcraft when reasonably smooth as far as i remember.. Only thing i remember was that digital downloaders needed to wait 7 hours before they could play (as far as i recall could be wrong). And also being a blizzard fanboy (Sorry i am, nothing you haters can say about it), blizzard for there most recent releases all have been rather smooth without to many bugs. And the bugs that where there are generally fixed really fast to.

On the subject when it will be released: Nobody knows untill blizzard puts a release date on it, untill that time: Soon™

Might get announced at the next board phone call thing .... I forget the actual name. Honestly I have got a bit bored with the whole waiting thing now. When they said by late 2011 I was like FINALLY...... Then they cancelled. I am cool with waiting but do not give a release date and then make fans sad. Yes I will still buy the game but feeling a little annoyed overall. Just some of my own frustration

Release date

What i am trying to say, they are just teasing many people, with loads of new, changes, screenshots or other things conneced with D3.
    My way was to avoid all possible info about D3 until official release date was shared with public. I didnt read updates, pages etc.
    But when mmo-champion started to give updates about D3 every day, this is when i cant stand it anymore
    It is just too much for me. Stop it...I dont care about changes, when i cant even know, what they mean.
    And sadly yea i had no luck to get into D3 Beta....
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    What i am trying to say, they are just teasing many people, with loads of new, changes, screenshots or other things conneced with D3.
    My way was to avoid all possible info about D3 until official release date was shared with public. I didnt read updates, pages etc.
    But when mmo-champion started to give updates about D3 every day, this is when i cant stand it anymore
    It is just too much for me. Stop it...I dont care about changes, when i cant even know, what they mean.
    And sadly yea i had no luck to get into D3 Beta....
    I think that's one of the downsides of the massive amounts of information available on games these days, is it just works everyone before the release. In the old days you'd have no idea what progress or changes were being made other than press releases; so you'd just have to sit and wait, but every time there's a patch change or a new news post and it's not a release date, it just gets people excited and then disappointed when there's no date.