Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read his star wars wiki link. It basically says Yoda's race will never be in the game because of GL.

For reasons unknown, George Lucas maintains a strict policy of keeping the history, name, origin, and whereabouts of this species secret. This policy has resulted even in certain Star Wars publications being canceled. A significant example of this policy was when Lucasfilm (likely at the direction of George Lucas himself) ordered the pulping of the entire print run of a yet-to-be-released Star Wars trading card depicting a group of the unknown tridactyl species worshipping a larger-than-life-size statue of one of their number, led in prayer by an individual who may have been intended to be Yoda.

They sort of expanded on the race when they added yaddle and master oteg and the dudes in kotor. However thats a far stretch from GL accepting all kinds of yoda race stuff being written by BW and LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Calm down, no one's demanding that they release Yoda's race right now, the OP asked what people would enjoy playing as and people are saying that they enjoy Yoda's species. It would be a rather interesting dynamic since we don't really have any characters that break out of the regular humanoid mold. Having a small, yet acrobatic race would be very fun to have.
    omg plz learn to read i dont care if ur a mod u need to learn to read, PUTTING THEM IN GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE COZ IT HAS NO NAME

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    omg plz learn to read i dotn are if ur a mod u need to learn to read, PUTTING THEM IN GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE COZ IT HAS NO NAME
    The name itself isn't the issue. I'm sure they have more than enough people who could churn out a story and a whole history. The issue is GL and LA won't let it happen.

I want jawa bounty hunters dont care if you cant see the gear or talk english

And also i agree with GL keeping the name to himself, its his baby let him keep something for himself

I want Jawas. I am sick of those recolored humans xd

10+ Year Old Account
    And also i agree with GL keeping the name to himself, its his baby let him keep something for himself
    Well I don't know if I "agree" per se but I'm damn curious why he keeps it to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomalk View Post
    i think bossk speaks basic, so i think atleast trandoshians can learn it
    Bossk didnt speak basic, but Trandoshans in the Clone Wars series spoke basic...only problem is BW have already said that playable species MUST be able to speak Basic and MUST be kissable due to storyline and romance!...so doubtful on Trandoshans (even tho i love them) also the same for Wookies and Yoda's species.

Nautolan and Torgruta im sure will come thru legacy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Well I don't know if I "agree" per se but I'm damn curious why he keeps it to himself.
    He wants to keep us guessing
    We need to get him to release the information, the sooner I can make myself a Yoda character the better. But I digress...

I agree with the idea for Wookies as well, I'm sure at some point we'll see more of them and probably Kashyyyk as well. I'm trying to think of any others that would be interesting to see in the game. I suppose droids would interesting but I can see why that will probably never happen. Their gear would have to be things like cores and motors.

Someone said Trandoshans, I think they would be a fairly interesting race to add into the game. However, I don't recall running into any that spoke Basic, I suppose if people didn't care so much about the dialogue being all...Trandoshanese (?) then it wouldn't matter. However, the moment they add a race that doesn't speak Basic we'll hear complaints about that. It's a rough spot they are in with new races...
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

The closest I have come to this Ragna is playing him in Soul Calibur, which was pretty cool. if they could somehow make animations for him flipping around and everything like he did in the 2nd trilogy that would just be awesome.

I'd love to be a Voss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Bossk didnt speak basic, but Trandoshans in the Clone Wars series spoke basic...only problem is BW have already said that playable species MUST be able to speak Basic and MUST be kissable due to storyline and romance!...so doubtful on Trandoshans (even tho i love them) also the same for Wookies and Yoda's species.

Nautolan and Torgruta im sure will come thru legacy
    i just watched the clone wars series and bossk did indeed speak english, last two episodes of season 2

Rodian and Transhodans for sure.

I want Cathar so-so badly. I'd also love to be a Voss but I don't really see that happening because of lore.

I love the looks of the Torgruta also.

i would beat up a nun to be a yuuzhan vong, but sence they won't be around for a good 4k years i'd settle for falleen, or zeltron. both falleen and zeltrons would have very intresting racial abilities >

omg plz learn to read i dont care if ur a mod u need to learn to read, PUTTING THEM IN GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE COZ IT HAS NO NAME
    You need to play the Consular quest line, there is a Jedi Noetikon you have to retrieve and one of the Jedi Masters was that of Yoda's race... it's in the game, the model is there all they need to do is drop some back story on it give it a name and POOF! Now... please stop the madness!

On a side note... I'll say it... EWOKS!... /hides.

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    You need to play the Consular quest line, there is a Jedi Noetikon you have to retrieve and one of the Jedi Masters was that of Yoda's race... it's in the game, the model is there all they need to do is drop some back story on it give it a name and POOF! Now... please stop the madness!

Sigh again i have to say this, i never said they were not in game i said u cant make the mplayable coz the race has no name, please fucking hell read wat ppl say

Mod Warning. There is no reason to be rude.

- Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-22 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post

Sorry but u are forgetting, that biowar has to: animate it, record voice for it for all quests, redraw or rescale armor for it. That's why we dont have nonhumanoid body races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rievousRef.jpg

Actual cyborgs.

I want a 4 handed creature.
    Actually, i think Grevious is one of those bone mask people. Sure look alike.

Grevious is a kaleesh(bone masked people), but he is also a cyborg, only his heart and brain are original.

kaleesh would make an awesome race to!