Deleted

Doing less dps than expected

Hello, so i've noticed that for the love of god, i cannot push my dps into reasonable numbers with my current gear : / I know i have to be doing something seriously wrong as even on ultraxion i cannot reach 30k dps mark...

Armory (no upgrades for past 2 weeks)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fuzzah/simple

Here's logs for the last weeks Ultraxion kill.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8520&e=8792

I've been aiming for getting 3x combustion for Ultra but noticed him dying too fast for the 3rd one so I used only 2 to get the benefit from TW for the second one. I know my living bomb uptime should be higher though.

Thank you for any help you can give <3
    Last edited by mmoc792326d733; 2012-01-24 at 11:35 AM.

Beside the fact that your lb uptime is too low, I dont think that you do something wrong. Only 7 times hot streak seems bad luck to me. And you have to consider that you dont have a 8% spelldamagedebuff and that you were dead for a while and had to evocate.

In this setup it would be a good idea to have your warrior to play arms and your hunter to use a pet which provides the spelldamagedebuff.

You really should try to get the 4 set asap. You will gain a huge haste buff that will enable 3 combusts.
    Also try arcane blast up to 10 stax stolen time quicker or use it as a filler sometimes.

Deleted
    Good suggestion, unfortunately i'vent had any luck on normal nor in LFR since 4.3 launch, i did manage to get LFR shoulders few weeks back, still missing second piece.
    Well, soon everyone else in my guild will be running with full tiers so maybe i'll win one piece when there's no-one else competing with me Rng hates me (Our priests/ pallys are almost all 4/5 for their Off specs already...)

Dont worry our guild has seen 2 mage tier drops in last 3 weeks. If i see another mace drop i am going to go plate.

Deleted
    I can't really see if you're doing something wrong, but your activity time is pretty low compared to the rest. Are you pushing the Twilight Hour button at the very last second ?

Deleted
    I'm usualy the last one pushing the button (last week died because taking it over the very last second twice in a row ; )). The low uptime can be caused by the fact i've mostly used pyroblast as opener, maybe should switch to scorch + fireballing straight away.

It depends on if you're pulling the boss by sitting and waiting for him to float up and aggro immediately or not, if your tank gives you time to cast before pulling then you should pyroblast but if you enter combat as soon as he becomes attackable you should stick to scorch.

Dropping Herbalism and levelling up 2 good profs will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Magadansky View Post
    Dropping Herbalism and levelling up 2 good profs will help.
    Def this ^ gathering proffs on a main are a waste of performance enhancing oppurtunities. Personally I have alts for herb picking etc.

Your combustion ticks are quite low, you should try to work on that.
    Also I would suggest going for 2005 haste, and remember this Int > Haste (2005) > Crit > Mastery > Haste, look at your socket bonuses and look at the prio list, unless the bonus is +20int it's not really worth going for.
    Personally I would get rid of the int / hit gems, and go full int, and find the hit in reforging instead.
    Haste on gloves instead of mastery will help reach 2005 too.
    And as another one suggested get 2 crafting professions, I myself am using Tailoring + Enchanting, but it is up to you ofc.
    One last thing to remember is that RNG does play a big factor, I have logs of me doing 37.7k dps on ultraxion and 42.9k dps on ultraxion in LESSER gear.
    So to sum up, Fix gems, reforging, haste plateaus, professions, work on combustion and remember that if rng hates you there is nothing you can do<3
    A lot of people can propably find things wrong with what I said, but this is what I have been working with and it is working out for me =)
    85 - Fire Mage - Foxytrott
    85 - Protection Warrior - Foxtrott
    85 - Restoration Druid - Pretzels
    85 - Combat Rogue - Oonai
    85 - Protection Paladin - Amberhorn
    Listed in the most played order

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing I noticed is you let your 880 int trinket drop off during the fight.. how? Why didn't you cast anything for 10 seconds.. Anyway...

Definately need a higher living bomb uptime, 83% is pretty poor, should be 90%+ or preferably 95%+ and is it me or did you only get 7 hot steaks that whole 4 and a half minute fight? That's pretty fucking unlucky, which is a huge contributing factor

Here read this "Faq about your dps" there are somethings you may have forgotten about or just thought where not as important as they really are.

Deleted
    Actualy I had 2005 haste plateau and decided to give it a shot if less rng ignites would do any difference and tbh it didn't really change much. I know my professions suck, but that's cause this is my 4th main char during cata... changing in every patch helps alot with professions -.- I guess i'll just have to wait for that big ignite then instead of using combustion with for example trinket proc + power torrent and ignite under 20k. And regarding the drop of the trinket buff, i have no idea wtf happened there o.O Only situation i could imagine would be healers failing something / me failing hour of twilight and staying in IB for our healers to catch up after casting Flame orb and / or mirror images =(

Edit: And i did have that 2005 haste in the linked log. For that i had the optimal reforges for 2015 haste, everything else into crit (with 17.07% hit). No way getting past the caps with lower amount of points : )