Thread: Cassiopeia op?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cassiopeia op?

Yeah, so I just did a duo ranked with my friend (troll: no ofc it was a random), and I went 16/4/9 with cassi. Dominating mid vs Vladimir, and getting blue buff from my friend (junglaar) which helped me stay in lane and harras like heck. Rammus, soraka, Vladimir, vayne and GP got melted by my ulti and my Q/W/E spam. So..question: is Cassiopeia OP or just underrated?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    she is tier 1 on elementz tier list for both solo queue and draft and was the top ban against sk gaming at IEM Kiev. she's definitely not underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by yazu777 View Post
    she is tier 1 on elementz tier list for both solo queue and draft and was the top ban against sk gaming at IEM Kiev. she's definitely not underrated.
    thats in high elo, Im like.. 1.1k elo, cus of shit games at east.
    also^ I didnt know that;p

she is a very hard champ to beat, the only ppl i can lose to when i play her are kennen and ahri and only after 6 when they can stun me to death in a second // ult out of my poisons and not take damage w/o their ults i can eat them for lunch tho
    shamans suck soo much, but we are the best class in the game.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shock/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    thats in high elo, Im like.. 1.1k elo, cus of shit games at east.
    also^ I didnt know that;p
    Cassio is a very strong champ, however she tends to also be one of the harder champs to play. That's why you dont see many lower Elo players play her. Even at higher Elo's she's a bit rare. But if you can master her, you can pretty much own most people. I really do love her, She is just so much fun. Just wish I was better with her.

As shown in kiev, most champions are not op or up, cassio in the right hands with the right team is a great champion. My opinion is that what happens in solo que means
    little or nothing as you cant be sure the person you are against is any good or even having a good game, i know my self that if you have a bad game you can get destroy even by a less or even skilled player, so no. she is ofc good, and even scared M5, but i dont think there is a single op champion atm, maybe sona, but i have been saying that for ages and everyone lol`ed and me after today i dont think anyone will however

cass is supposed to be able to 4v1 with that ult. In fact all but 1 of your abilities is AoE and capitalizing on that AOE is what makes or breaks cass. My main is poppy and she is the best 1v1 (aside from trynd according to others however I can usually outrun a trynd until that ult is down) champ in the game but I get focused hard in a team fight. My ult does make up a bit for this so what I do is I will ult someone like... support soraka (not sona or alistar... that cc is scurrrrrrrrrrry) and I will focus... cass (AoE champ in a team fight = effective... AoE champ vs. invulnerable piggytails of death = not so much) or another AoE based champ. This will effectively get rid of the big threat that really makes or breaks a team fight I don't care if I make it out alive afterwards as I just took out your big AoE champ and I hope my team can 4v4 you without me. Poppy is a single target the day my q works off tiamat is the day I build 4 tiamats a trin force and boots. of course if I live I can usually pick up 3 other kills just from q spamming and I'm viable in a team fight... but AoE cass must die! o.o

Another fun way to lock down cass... quicksilver for that ult (if you're laning her) and then cc her right back while pretending to drive drunk (I have dodged many q's and even trynd slows this way)

10+ Year Old Account
    CassiOPeia. Rarely played compared to other picks but there is no other mid as scary to face against. Her laning phase is just so god damn amazing. I just pray they suck when I see her on loading screen.

Deleted
    You don't see her a lot of because she is not a burst mage like Brand, Kassa, Malz, Anivia, etc. She needs to hit her poison(s) and then spam her E as much as possible, she can nuke someone down quite quickly, but she doesn't have the same burst as others, she has a lot of damage over a short period of time, like Swain, but with less sustainability. I tend to buy WotA on her for some sustain. Her lack of escape is also quite annoying if you get caught, your ulti will not always save you. She is a lot of fun though, and can chase really nicely with the extra movement speed from her Q. And with the blue buff, you can harass the pants off your enemy because your Q will basically be free. I am currently trying to get better with her, since I enjoy her a lot.

She is a really strong champ, like they have said. Wish I was better with her. I mostly have trouble landing her Q with heroes with flashes etc, like tryn's blade spin. I would usually wait for them to have used it, but still don't always hit, but when i do muhahahaha deeeeeeath! (Speaking from when ulti isn't up ofc)
    Also she has really really awesome synergy with Singed and Teemo, because their poisons allow you to spam E, even if you miss Q and W.
    Off Topic : I think they fixed this, but at one stage my ulti would spazz out with smart casting, she would turn 180 degrees randomly and cast it >.< had to unbind smart cast. And no I didn't move my mouse in the wrong direction XD

Wonderful hero though, one of my favourite AP carries

She is neither underrated nor op. I see her as a top-tier AP champion and she does fine in most mid constellations. While she does have scary AE capabilities, her ult has a rather short range and most of her AEs are dodgable, when they start to hurt. That is, from mid to late game, when you yourself should already have some movement speed improvement items.
    Focus her and give her your best. I think Morgana is much, much worse with her hardcore damage ult + CC and her nature as an anti-caster, who can easily dominate mid.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

In my opinion, what makes her really strong is her base damage on skills.
    They are so high and so low on cooldowns, that you basically can build almost no AP and still do tons of damage. A warmog/rylai/WOA Cassio is scary as hell.

She's pretty strong. I love her even if I totally fail with her.
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffshock View Post
    she is a very hard champ to beat, the only ppl i can lose to when i play her are kennen and ahri and only after 6 when they can stun me to death in a second // ult out of my poisons and not take damage w/o their ults i can eat them for lunch tho
    Its some champs which seem to zone me, Vladimir (yeah...unless I harras his ass with my blue).. he just heals and heals on ME, piss of vladi ! but, bluebuff is a must for Cassi I've noticed, if you really want to keep up the harrasment and lane dominance
    and yeah..stunlockers has a way to kill her, PAIN !

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scripted Sigma View Post
    She's pretty strong. I love her even if I totally fail with her.
    Failing at ulti...dat feeling!

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Silfurstar View Post
    In my opinion, what makes her really strong is her base damage on skills.
    They are so high and so low on cooldowns, that you basically can build almost no AP and still do tons of damage. A warmog/rylai/WOA Cassio is scary as hell.
    Never tried that out ! Gotta try it, health regen + alot of health ++++ WOA = CassiOPeia

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    She is neither underrated nor op. I see her as a top-tier AP champion and she does fine in most mid constellations. While she does have scary AE capabilities, her ult has a rather short range and most of her AEs are dodgable, when they start to hurt. That is, from mid to late game, when you yourself should already have some movement speed improvement items.
    Focus her and give her your best. I think Morgana is much, much worse with her hardcore damage ult + CC and her nature as an anti-caster, who can easily dominate mid.
    Yeah, your right, easy/skillshot lanes is boots + pots first tbh, else you'll be dominated and get zoned as heck

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    She is a really strong champ, like they have said. Wish I was better with her. I mostly have trouble landing her Q with heroes with flashes etc, like tryn's blade spin. I would usually wait for them to have used it, but still don't always hit, but when i do muhahahaha deeeeeeath! (Speaking from when ulti isn't up ofc)
    Also she has really really awesome synergy with Singed and Teemo, because their poisons allow you to spam E, even if you miss Q and W.
    Off Topic : I think they fixed this, but at one stage my ulti would spazz out with smart casting, she would turn 180 degrees randomly and cast it >.< had to unbind smart cast. And no I didn't move my mouse in the wrong direction XD
    Wonderful hero though, one of my favourite AP carries
    heh ! yeh well, shes like 99% at HARD tho, like at Orianna lvls etc. She pretty much dominates the teamfight if your team has good cc/knockups etc. you can actually start a teamfight with your ulti, do TONS of dmg and get a easy quadra / penta.. as I didnt, cus I failed at our nexus with NOT using my hourglass after ulti / Q/W/E (yeah..we lost cus I failed SO hard) but yh, all poision champs boosts her dmg without her Q and W
    OT: Whut? Hah ! thats why I dont smartcast with cassi ulti, hell ! ANY ulti for that matter

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Cassio is a very strong champ, however she tends to also be one of the harder champs to play. That's why you dont see many lower Elo players play her. Even at higher Elo's she's a bit rare. But if you can master her, you can pretty much own most people. I really do love her, She is just so much fun. Just wish I was better with her.
    Noticed, shes really hard to master, and be like tournament / high elo player with CassiOP, but just gotta keep playing and become better !
    LB pwns my face most of the times (tho I havent met her in ranked / norm, only ARAM).
    GLhf tho !

10+ Year Old Account
    From my understanding she is one of the best mids there is. Though, from my limited experience with her, if you harass constantly you are also likely to hit minions and push your lane a little hard. Did I mention her harass was really good? Because it is. If she gets blue buff, she can just walk over the opposing mid.

Her ult, though, has a really short range, so I guess that sort of makes up for her insane harass. Generally as a mage, you don't want to be that close to a fight, but you kind of of have to with her.

Shes a strong AP carry (probably the strongest in the game), since tanks rarely stack magic resist she tends to be very strong end game.

Deleted
    Her Q/W/E are pretty easy to use, its her ultimate that is daymn hard. I rarely manage to actually lock more than 3 players in, but once I get level 6 in lane I can usually flash+ulti, Q+E+E+ignite to get a KB. Or when someone is walking to me in a bush, WHAM

Far from being OP, she's squishy, not very mobile, non burst-damage, close-range ult...
    And if you fail your poisons you can only run waiting for cooldowns. She's very hard to play. Especially if you totally fail your ult.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

I've been maining her for about a month now. I was lucky....I was able to pick her up and have success first game. It's only gotten better since then. Her ult can be hard, but just takes some time to get good with it. I smartcast everything with her, including her ult. I use mp5 yellows and I dont have much of a mana issue. By the time I do I generally have enough gold to buy an upgrade. I spam my Q. I use it to harass and to dwindle down the enemy mid's life until it's time to spam E on them. When that time comes, I throw my W in their escape route and start spamming .5 second fangs.

I was reading this thread and saw the Warmog + Rylai + WotA comment....I tried it on my lunch break. Having 3300+ life on her is amazing. Not to mention vamp steal. Yon't get much life back from your Q or W due to them being AoE spells, but your E will help keep ya up. Plus having the extra life allowed me to stand toe to toe with Riven when I had my ult+summoners down and enabled me to pick up a kill.

My Final build used to be Sorc Boots>Rabadon's>Rylai's>Zhonya's>Void Staff>"wildcard". I used the wildcard item to generally build like a thornmail or WotA....just depending on who i'm playing against. Now I'm probably going to sub in Warmog's for either Zhonya's or void staff.

I find WotA way more useful early game, for the sustain.
    You are Cassiopeia, you need spell vamp!
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.