Yorsaj Hagara or Zonozz?

Which heroic after Heroic Morchok?

We have had troubles with the dps and healing throughput on both yorsaj and hagara (namely getting crystals down in time) we have 3 melee when onetanking it.

EDIT: 10m
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2012-01-25 at 05:33 AM.

10man yor'sahj, 25man hagara. (assuming 10man seeing as you only got 3 melee).

Personally we downed Yor'sahj first, it took a while but we got it eventually. We havn't yet tried Hagara but we are progressing on Zon'ozz. Yor'sahj is alot easier then Zon'ozz IMO but I have no experience on Hagara. I'd choose Yor'sahj.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did Morchok > Yor'sahj > Zon'ozz > Ultraxion > Hagara > Lootship 2.0

We as well have 2 Melee for Hagara (excluding tank). I use Aspect of the Pack during Frost phase which helps immensely.

We decided to do Hagara second. We spent about 6 or 7 attempts on lightning just getting that down, then probably another 15 attempts working through frost. MY advice if having issues with frost phase, have everyone run as a group, melee focus on the crystal nearest, the range focus on the next fragment... when you get frost flakes just dip into the bubble and dispel in there so you dont have to deal with the patch. You should aim for having each fragment sub 50 percent after the first pass and have a contingency play for the second pass, ie the 3rd fragment isnt dead so raid dips into middle, lets wall pass, and finish it off. Worked for us !

Pretty individual for different guilds really. My guild went for HC's; Morchok -> Yor -> Zon'ozz (Zon harder than Yor imo), spent ages fucking up Hagara, then 4-shot Ultraxion. You'll have to kinda feel it out. Zon'ozz is a pain in the rear with some setups, easy with others (if you can single soak orb bounces for example, with mages and spriests etc), likewise Yor can be a pain or relatively doable depending on tank and healer setup, and whether you have DPS who can mess up the adds in black+yellow+red.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Don't forget if you do Hagara, you can do the "stand in the bubble" strat for frost. You'll kill the crystals a lot quicker when your ranged don't have to circle around the room. Of course your melee will still need to run around and not get hit by the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by sarihiee View Post
    Don't forget if you do Hagara, you can do the "stand in the bubble" strat for frost. You'll kill the crystals a lot quicker when your ranged don't have to circle around the room. Of course your melee will still need to run around and not get hit by the wall.
    We do the stand in the bubble strat and the crystals werent down after 1 minute 40 seconds with no range dead.

Hagara has the lowest output requirement for DPS/healing. I don't understand what you mean with not getting crystals down in time, you can be in that phase for as long as it takes you to down them.

Ultraxion is pure gearcheck, and if people have around 394 ilvl it's a real cake on 10M, definately easiest.

Yor requires good planning and a strong tank, DK preferred. It's an easy boss if you have decent gear, if people have around 393 you will have no problem with enragetimer when 3 healing. If you have low gear it requires even better planning and very good communication and teamwork between your 2 healers.

Personally, assuming playing with characters who have been raiding since the tier came out I'd rank the bosses from easiest to hardest:

Morchok > Ultraxion > Yor > Hagara > Zon'ozz
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Deleted
    Depends on your Raidsetup. If u have strong healers i would stick with yor'sahj or give ultraxion a shot.

Imo Yor is much easier than Hagara/Zon.

If you are sitting on 1 HM at this point, don't even think about doing Hagara and Zon'Ozz. They are hard to outgear and if you're still at 1 HM than your guild's problem is DEFINITELY not gear.

You should go Morchok -> Ultraxion/Yor'Sahj -> Zon'Ozz/Hagara
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    10man start with Yor, easy kill. Learning curve isn't that straight but as soon as you get all the details right and plan CDs accordingly - it is trivial fight to execute and to repeat on farm.
    We did zonozz for the 1st time with 3 melee, it's not that bad. Melee run more during black phase but can also interrupt the eyes a lot more often, making black phase dmg a bit less stressful. Dps check here depends a lot on how you choose your positioning, if you do it clever enough you'll get it down easy. This boss is still quite random and we manage to wipe several times before killing him again

Hagara imo not very good choice as 2nd boss for 10man. Your dps is likely not going to be high enough to go 3heal, and doing it 2 heal will make lighting phase very dodgy unless you have 2-3 hybrid dps who can spam heal as well during it.

Ultraxion is another candidate. Try it on normal 2 tank 2 heal, if you kill him at 3m50s or faster - go heroic. if you kill him at 4m30ish, it is a bit early for your dps.

Zon is a very difficult fight on survival for where it is in the instance, i'd skip it out for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyman View Post
    10man start with Yor, easy kill. Learning curve isn't that straight but as soon as you get all the details right and plan CDs accordingly - it is trivial fight to execute and to repeat on farm.
    We did zonozz for the 1st time with 3 melee, it's not that bad. Melee run more during black phase but can also interrupt the eyes a lot more often, making black phase dmg a bit less stressful. Dps check here depends a lot on how you choose your positioning, if you do it clever enough you'll get it down easy. This boss is still quite random and we manage to wipe several times before killing him again

Hagara imo not very good choice as 2nd boss for 10man. Your dps is likely not going to be high enough to go 3heal, and doing it 2 heal will make lighting phase very dodgy unless you have 2-3 hybrid dps who can spam heal as well during it.

Ultraxion is another candidate. Try it on normal 2 tank 2 heal, if you kill him at 3m50s or faster - go heroic. if you kill him at 4m30ish, it is a bit early for your dps.
    Not just 2 tank 2 heal, tell your tanks to equip DPS trinkets and if you have a DK tank - tell him to equip gurthalak. Our tanks deal ~20-25k dps each on H Ultrax (warrior and DK)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Don't do H zon'ozz with 4 melee, not fun in the slightest.

Dumbest Thread 2012