HP ZR24w 24-inch

I'm in the market for an IPS monitor preferably around $350 in price. The HP ZR24w 24-inch recommended on the front page seemed like the perfect monitor for me until I realized it didn't have an HDMI input for my xbox 360. Are there any IPS monitors of the same quality that are also 24 inch, 1920x1200 resolution but have an HDMI port?

Just pick up a DVI to HDMI adapter. I have one that I bought from fry's three years ago for $8 to hook up my PS3 to my monitors that I own.

Edit:
    Here's one from newegg for $4.99
    BYTECC DVI-HM DVI Male to HDMI Female Cable Adaptor

Also, if your in the market for an IPS display, take a look at tftcentral.co.uk . They have great reviews on IPS displays. I personally own Dell's U2412m and I love it.
    Last edited by muffinss; 2012-01-23 at 04:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    Just pick up a DVI to HDMI adapter. I have one that I bought from fry's three years ago for $8 to hook up my PS3 to my monitors that I own.

Edit:
    Here's one from newegg for $4.99
    BYTECC DVI-HM DVI Male to HDMI Female Cable Adaptor
    While these adapters work, they have one limitation: They can only transmit video, but no audio.
    I don't know how exactly you can configure the output of game consoles, but i would guess, that they will chose to use the HDMI too for audio, if that is the selected video output. So you could probably end up with no sound when using this.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

The U2412M supposedly has some nasty ghosting

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The U2412M supposedly has some nasty ghosting
    I've never experienced any noticeable (if any) ghosting issues with my U2412m in any of my games so far that I've played, like BF3, Skyrim, WoW, Rift, SC2, CoH, and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot
    While these adapters work, they have one limitation: They can only transmit video, but no audio.
    I don't know how exactly you can configure the output of game consoles, but i would guess, that they will chose to use the HDMI too for audio, if that is the selected video output. So you could probably end up with no sound when using this.
    The monitor he was looking at contains no speakers, so I assume he has his own speaker system where he can connect his console into. I connect my PS3 to my speakers RCA port using the provided AV Cable.
    Last edited by muffinss; 2012-01-23 at 05:47 AM.