Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Insane lag ONLY in SWTOR?

Whenever I log in to SWTOR I have like 30k MS and can't even move/see people. Yet my internet is fine, browser working fine and other games that require internet also work. Any help would be appreciated.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Hello Vodafone customer from Ireland/Iceland/Germany. This is a known issue and they are supposedly fixing it. You should ring them to find out what's going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me once, 2 days ago, started out of nowhere and lasted until i ragequit.
    Took a screenshot of me with 70000+ latency, but didnt get disconnected, once it unfroze, "everything" happened on my screen all at once. It looked like i was time travelling.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Happened to me once, 2 days ago, started out of nowhere and lasted until i ragequit.
    Took a screenshot of me with 70000+ latency, but didnt get disconnected, once it unfroze, "everything" happened on my screen all at once. It looked like i was time travelling.
    Wow that had to be fun to watch. I would have died laughing. Like when someone lags out in vent and their messages continue to queue up then you get a 5 minute conversation of everything they have been saying for the last 15 minutes at once. Always cracks me up. \

OT: I get that lag you're speaking of every now and again.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    I mock your 70000+ latency

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8...2011718280.jpg

There was an issue all last week where at 7pm GMT SWTOR would wig out like this for 3 hours. It only happened with certain vodafone customers from the 3 countries listed above. Now while it may seem resolved (I can actually play at those times) I'm still getting the odd lag spike (only 30k) and not as many full disconnects. What bothers me the most is that, though I'm in the same City as the servers, I'm getting 80ms ping when everything is working alright, and a tracert to the server is for some reason going from Dublin to France and back to Dublin (where the servers are) for no apparent reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Whenever I log in to SWTOR I have like 30k MS and can't even move/see people. Yet my internet is fine, browser working fine and other games that require internet also work. Any help would be appreciated.
    If it were me, for that particular set of circumstances you describe, I would be contacting my ISP to find out how they were routing my traffic to/from the SWTOR servers. Sounds very much like a network issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember the start of Rift where anyone using BT had instant 40k+ MS for about a week. Those were sad times!

For SWTOR though I haven't had any problems.

I had this problem.

i went from 60-avg to 300 avg with spikes excess of 2000

then i updated my realtek network drivers from 7.4-ish to 7.5

fixed the problem

sad =|

I hate realtek.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    there was some kind of driver bug with realtek.. (google it, I don't remember the exact thread)

try rolling back or updating drivers

I get these lag spikes too. I'm in the northwest US. I use my wireless card, which is Atheros, but my lan connection is realtek. I get these spikes, but my wife, also using wireless doesn't. It gets annoying when it happens, but fortunately it doesn't happen all the time.

On the whole the game runs like absolute shit compared to other games i've played. I can run RIFT on almost max settings, yet load screens in SWTOR take upwards of 5 minutes (i did actually time it once when i tried to log in. The two load screens of opening the game and logging into my character combined took over 7 minutes) I have to run on the absolute most minimum settings possible and i still lag sometimes and get latency.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    I get these lag spikes too. I'm in the northwest US. I use my wireless card, which is Atheros, but my lan connection is realtek. I get these spikes, but my wife, also using wireless doesn't. It gets annoying when it happens, but fortunately it doesn't happen all the time.
    wireless gaming is bad and with 2 wireless connections... I wouldn't do it. Try setting up your QOS in your router to give your IP/MAC priority over your wife's; see if that changes anything. Try turning on WMM.

interesting.. brb updating realtex drivers...

I too have been getting random really terrible lag spikes, only in this game. Just sort of locks up for a sec, is unresponsive, then after it clears up, BAM tons of shit happens at once. God forbid it happens in WZs. lag lag lag....ULTRADEAD
    Do you like daggers?

First time, the patch today maybe ?

Im also using realtek drivers as well did not notice any problems until this last thursday using version 7.38 of realtek driver so if this update to 7.5 really worked and if so anyone have a link to it because i could not find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    hit ctrl-shift-F Alot of people say its lag, when it can actually be your FPS. If your under 20 FPS get a new graphics card. I know you did say you had 30k ms, thats unreal...but check your FPS first!

Deleted
    I havent had any latency problems so far.

Have you guys checked if it's your provider or if it's country specific? I know that sounds weird, but I know for a fact that in Britain when Rift was released, every single person having BT as internet provider would have 2-3k+ ms constantly half the time they were playing and a lot of people quit the game because of it even though a fix was deployed.

Maybe something similar happened with SWTOR? Anyways, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also had lag today and updated my realtek drivers and fixed it instantly, thanks for the tip :-)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Still having the problems its not fps my fps is over 60 constantly my only problem could be the realtek drivers im using 7.38 on windows 7 64 bit looking for the newest version and my ping does not go up at all

finding the correct realtek drivers is a pain in the ass, their website looks like it hasn't been updated since the 90s

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

You will need to go here, then go to your local area connection properties. There's a bunch of ways to get there across all the operating systems, what's important is you need to find out what kind of network card you're running and whether its PCIe or just PCI. Then go to SOFTWARE and downloading the AUTO INSTALLATION program.

Such an irritating layout. Maybe i'm spoiled, it used to be that way every where but awesome people like nvidia made it so all i have to do is click like three times and they figure all that crap out for me lewl
    Signature Nazi's suck.