Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Sigh.. it's not just the American government., it's pretty much every government in the world working together, if you go to the fed site for the original megaupload take down which i think anonymous took down, it says all the agencies that were involved which is literally the whole world, even the Netherlands even though they are a neutral country, do some research before your speak nonsense.
    Probably America is the big enemy here, the other countries are just being pressured to follow. Just like the wars in the middle east.

So hating the American government isn't so weird, they probably are the main cause of all this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Probably America is the big enemy here, the other countries are just being pressured to follow. Just like the wars in the middle east.

So hating the American government isn't so weird, they probably are the main cause of all this.
    its nt just the government, its backed by lots of big US coprorations as well. i do think that the US is the main driving force behind these though as most of the stuff that is being pirated is coming from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    probably yes.
    and blocking US from the sites might be a solution, but maybe not, the best thing to do would be to move all your hosting away from the US.
    megaupload was chinese based, didn't help them much, and filesonic is doing so proactively, they are shutting down because of they are scared, they haven't had the government shut them down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by W0Wdegradation View Post
    megaupload was chinese based, didn't help them much, and filesonic is doing so proactively, they are shutting down because of they are scared, they haven't had the government shut them down.

i thought megaupload had some servers in the US though?

Deleted
    I linked a youtube site in the first page, it explains very consice what SOPA/PIPA/ACTA will do, basically. Quite clearly, including whom all is responsible for it (like not just USA)... I suggest looking at it before throwing out conspiracy posts and wild claims. Here it is again...

http://youtu.be/N8Xg_C2YmG0

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    At this rate we will soon not have any file sharing sites
    2 of the 3 "Big One" in Europe are event listed anywhere here, as long the fat americans dont know netload its all good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

No piracy is the real problem, You do realize that most of the games are made by huge companies with people that need to feed their families and anyone but the lead developers get paid way less than you think. Some game developers are the hardest working people more than most people, an example the average work for battlefield 3 for a developer was 10 hours a day, and 2 weeks before release they were working 12 hours a day.

Namco Bandai is officially stopping all english ported anime, i don't watch much anime but they make alot of animes, and they are doing so because they are losing alot of money from it. If you are a pirate if this was to continue you could start seeing the games you actually enjoy going away because people pirate them, people try to make an excuse saying piracy has no real impact on the companies money, but it really does.

Basically the only games you will see are the ones that make money no matter what like CoD etc.. so enjoy your future you're bringing if piracy survives.

Dear GOD, this is getting utterly ridiculous. They keep this up and we won't even have an internet, only thing we'll be able to look at is government and educational/news media sites...*shudder* Maybe a few shopping sites, like EBay and Amazon.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticflame View Post
    Dear GOD, this is getting utterly ridiculous. They keep this up and we won't even have an internet, only thing we'll be able to look at is government and educational/news media sites...*shudder* Maybe a few shopping sites, like EBay and Amazon.

what if someone tries to sell a stolen item on Ebay, will that be shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what if someone tries to sell a stolen item on Ebay, will that be shut down?
    They already do stuff like that on Craigslist, why don't they shut Craigslist down while they're at it.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticflame View Post
    They already do stuff like that on Craigslist, why don't they shut Craigslist down while they're at it.

don;t encourage them :P i guess its hard to judge if an item is stolen or not on an online auction / sale.

TLDR: Good. Their days have been numbered since RapidShare changed.

These websites deserve to get shutdown, for years Megaupload, Rapidshare, FileServe and even Mediafire have been used to spread "Warez" and they did nothing about it. I personally do not care about these websites because the files I need to download aren't hosted on any of these sites, Mediafire is still unaffected, Dropbox is unaffected and those are the only two places I use to download / share things.

They are just harbours for warez and other illegal content.

Newsgroups are my preferred choice for sourcing linux distros *tips top hat*

I don't know why the government thinks that they can stop the distribution of public goods, its Like trying to get people stop breathing your air.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Theyre going way too far with all these closures. Oh well, if there wasnt already plenty of anti-american resentment going around already, then obviously this will add fuel to the fire. Boycott Hollywood, pizza hut, mcdonalds, kfc, american singers and bands, quit buying cd/dvd's by american artists. Then watch as they all start bleating over low sales figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchensink View Post
    Theyre going way too far with all these closures. Oh well, if there wasnt already plenty of anti-american resentment going around already, then obviously this will add fuel to the fire. Boycott Hollywood, pizza hut, mcdonalds, kfc, american singers and bands, quit buying cd/dvd's by american artists. Then watch as they all start bleating over low sales figures.
    What am I supposed to do, listen to Adele, she is yukky.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    MegaUpload - Closed.
    FileServe - Closing, does not sell premium.
    FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
    UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
    FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
    VideoBB - Closed! Will disappear soon.
    Uploaded - Banned in the U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
    FilePost - Deleting all material (will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
    Videoz - Closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
    4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
    MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors. Pro FBI
    Org Torrent - Could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
    Network Share mIRC - Awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
    Koshiki - Operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA
    Shienko Box - 100% working China / Korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA
    ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOPA / PIPA

So much for stopping SOPA/PIPA...
    Not my beloved Mediafire
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats next? Rapidshare? Zshare? Zippyshare? its getting mad lol its all falling down like domino's
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by ThewF View Post
    TLDR: Good. Their days have been numbered since RapidShare changed.

These websites deserve to get shutdown, for years Megaupload, Rapidshare, FileServe and even Mediafire have been used to spread "Warez" and they did nothing about it. I personally do not care about these websites because the files I need to download aren't hosted on any of these sites, Mediafire is still unaffected, Dropbox is unaffected and those are the only two places I use to download / share things.
    We're not simply mourning the loss of these sites; we're concerned with the implications. This is the first step in what could easily become draconian legislation that closely resembles a police-state in "the land of the free". People like you, whose concerns are so short-sighted, are part of the problem. Do not fall to complacency simply because you are not YET affected--you soon will be.

I better go and download the entirety of Mediafire tonight, before its gone.
    Gamdwelf the Mage