Thoughts on the RAZER Carcharias?

My local Best Buy sells the Razer Carcharias, and I might get It. So I want to ask a couple of questions about It.
    I want to know If there's sound leakage and If the sound Is good. On Newegg like every reviewer says the headset Is very comfortable, so I Imagine that won't be an Issue.
    I'll also be pairing It with a Creative - Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo)
    Or would I be fine without pairing It with a soundcard?
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2012-01-25 at 09:06 PM.

Poor quality for the money. Headsets in general are poor quality for the money. You get far more out of having a pair of real stereo headphones, emulated surround sound via dolby 5.1 mixamp or soundcard with cmss-3d, and a clip-on microphone for like 8 or 9 bucks.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For one, make sure to ask the folks at Best Buy to match Newegg's price, because more often than not, Best Buy's prices are incredibly inflated versus the true computer stores, like Tiger Direct, Micro Center, CompUSA, and Newegg, to just name a few of the big ones.

However, the opinions I've gotten on this headset from people who actually have an ear to hear the quality of audio, this headset is total garbage and the comfort of it is likely the only redeeming quality about it.

I'd suggest doing what GG you got me suggested, plus I'd look into a good Asus sound card like the Xonar DX 7.1 over Creative.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    For one, make sure to ask the folks at Best Buy to match Newegg's price, because more often than not, Best Buy's prices are incredibly inflated versus the true computer stores, like Tiger Direct, Micro Center, CompUSA, and Newegg, to just name a few of the big ones.

However, the opinions I've gotten on this headset from people who actually have an ear to hear the quality of audio, this headset is total garbage and the comfort of it is likely the only redeeming quality about it.

I'd suggest doing what GG you got me suggested, plus I'd look into a good Asus sound card like the Xonar DX 7.1 over Creative.
    Bestbuy won't pricematch any online retailer unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    They wont even price match their own online price.

As to the OP. CNet review it and thinks pretty highly of the sound.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/raz...-33490400.html
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-01-25 at 11:45 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    They just did the other day for me on a joystick.... which I returned 2 days later because it wouldn't turn.

Me: "Hey can you pricematch this?"
    BB customer service manager: "Sure, to who?"
    Me: "Newegg?"
    BB: "Okay, how much do they have it at?"
    Me: "$15.99, you guys have it at $24.99."
    BB: "Okay no problem. *speaks into mic thing to tell the front cashier."
    Me: "Thank you!"

I shit you not! I was incredibly surprised and pleased!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I recommend you go to head-fi.org and familiarize yourself with the headsets there. I have the superlux 668B and they are freaking amazing for the price they were at. A lot of intelligent audioheads there that could help you out.

Razer headset is garbage, and you want the xonar sound card from asus, far superior to the creative ones.