Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will my PC play SWTOR on low?

Alright guys i have pretty much decided i want to buy the game, however i need to make sure i can play. Based on what i have read i should be able to play on low, which is perfectly fine by me. Here are my specs.

Windows 7 32 Bit
    AMD phenom 9500 Quad-core Processor 2.20 GHz
    Nvidia Geforce 8400GS 512mb ram
    3.00 GB ram
    Thanks in advance guys

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to, but:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

That also will let you know. I don't take EVERYTHING that site says... but its a start.

I do not trust them, I tried it with Sims 2 and it said i could not play it >_>

Quote Originally Posted by mmoguy99 View Post
    Alright guys i have pretty much decided i want to buy the game, however i need to make sure i can play. Based on what i have read i should be able to play on low, which is perfectly fine by me. Here are my specs.

Windows 7 32 Bit
    AMD phenom 9500 Quad-core Processor 2.20 GHz
    Nvidia Geforce 8400GS 512mb ram
    3.00 GB ram
    Thanks in advance guys
    yes it will tho it may not get more then 20 - 25 fps in a good local

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not trust them, I tried it with Sims 2 and it said i could not play it >_>
    Look at the specifics though: It will tell you what area you failed in and it generally tells you what they 'want' you to have in terms of video ram, etc. I do think you will be able to run it on low- maybe with a slight fps lag - but thats my opinion. I would wait for more users to post to get more of an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    yes it will tho it may not get more then 20 - 25 fps in a good local
    Thats fine i played WoW at that a few times.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Look at the specifics though: It will tell you what area you failed in and it generally tells you what they 'want' you to have in terms of video ram, etc. I do think you will be able to run it on low- maybe with a slight fps lag - but thats my opinion. I would wait for more users to post to get more of an idea.
    I know my vid card could use a tune up, maybe with a tax check ill get a 550 TI.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 04:03 PM ----------

Also i plan on doing mostly flash points and Operations, could you tell me how i would fare there considering they are of much smaller magnitude than in wow?

Depends on which resolution you play on, maybe its playable @ 800x600 or something like that. 5 year old low end card, pretty sure it wont run smooth or run at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Operations aren't really a much smaller magnitude. Just because its less players doesn't mean it will run better. You have to keep in my the effects and overall graphics are a lot better than WoW... so 8 or 16 people running around in a volcano like environment... well... my FPS tends to dip. Flash Points aren't that intensive so you should be fine, but I suggest upping your GFX Card.

I have tried SWTOR on similar hardware, levelling and normal flashpoints is playable, but any places with 10+ players on the screen/warzones/operations will be pretty bad.
    It all depends on your standards though, but I personally wouldn't play with that setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats weird it says my video card isnt good enough for SWTOR but its good enough for Skyrim and i still have slight lag on skyrim..

Meh i can play crysis on low at 1024x768 fairly well, of course textures pop in late and such. i can also play Witcher 2 ok at a low resolution. However those are not MMO's.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 04:59 PM ----------

Hell, even on WoW I got FPS drops during raids.By that i am saying i think FPS drops are inevitable during that kind of thing.
    Last edited by mmoguy99; 2012-01-23 at 10:06 PM.

Had an old PC with nearly the exact same setup

same processor
    8600GS
    4G Ram

it would not run SWTOR, hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    Had an old PC with nearly the exact same setup

same processor
    8600GS
    4G Ram

it would not run SWTOR, hope this helps
    What do you mean would not run? Like it would not boot up?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean would not run? Like it would not boot up?
    Either it wouldn't boot up or trying to play it caused crashing... best case scenario he got 3 FPS ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Either it wouldn't boot up or trying to play it caused crashing... best case scenario he got 3 FPS ingame.
    I am fairly sure i will be fine. I found a video of a guy playing on a laptop with almost the same specs, except he had an 8400gs mobile card and an intel processor same speed though. and it ran very nicely. Of course i will probably be able to play a little better though. BTW probably going to pick this up along with a 2 month card on Friday, pretty happy about it.

Deleted
    My about 7 year old computer:
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    nvidia 7600 GT (256mb)
    ~3 gb ram (os etc takes some so maybe 2gb)
    Win XP

Running at 7-10 fps at low settings.

Tho I heard its quite random on some machines..if you get huge lag put graphics on max then to low it should disable AA cos some reason it was bugged so that even after you put it off it was on or something odd like that

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    My about 7 year old computer:
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    nvidia 7600 GT (256mb)
    ~3 gb ram (os etc takes some so maybe 2gb)
    Win XP

Running at 7-10 fps at low settings.

Tho I heard its quite random on some machines..if you get huge lag put graphics on max then to low it should disable AA cos some reason it was bugged so that even after you put it off it was on or something odd like that
    I will be sure to remember that, thanks.

Not going to lie to you: no. At least, not without constant stuttering and horribly long loading screens.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

My machine's about on par and I play SWTOR on low alright. I have to reload it periodically due to it sucking ram up like mad, so keep an eye on that.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Not going to lie to you: no. At least, not without constant stuttering and horribly long loading screens.
    Well, i don't know, i have a friend with a much older PC than me, and he can play no problem.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    My machine's about on par and I play SWTOR on low alright. I have to reload it periodically due to it sucking ram up like mad, so keep an eye on that.
    Ya the game is a hog. but i heard that there is a few ways to stop that, ill have to look into them. If not, ill have to suffer till xmas (long ass time) for a gaming PC. I checked into it and its a known problem. Hopefully they will fix it.
    Last edited by mmoguy99; 2012-01-24 at 01:26 AM.