Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Able to switch Adv Class?

Will the feature of switching Adv classes ever be implemented? This may be a stupid question, but i feel i may of made a mistake of going Commando, and should of gone Vanguard :/

When a wild forum troll appears

Deleted
    I don't think that they'll do it since they're after all two different classes with their own three talent trees. It would almost be like swiching from a warrior to a deathknight in wow, well not THAT bad, but you get the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i totally do.

Each AC is basically its own class, I hope that it is never made an option, or else what would be the point.

You say you aren't having fun as a commando ? How so? Commando is my main and have a blast for the most part, there are some issues that need to be fixed (ability delay on Mortor Volley / Full Auto) but I am sure they will come sooner or later.

It is a pretty solid class overall I will say

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am now hearing that Vanguard is the better dps spec, and i want to dps, i dont care much for healing or tanking, ive always dps, in 5 years of wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they never add AC respec, its not needed and its not hard to level to level ten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I hope they never add AC respec, its not needed and its not hard to level to level ten.
    Im much further then lvl 10 haha, And this wasnt to start a debate, i was just curious was all, im not arguing one point or another.

Dude no one knows what the "better" DPS spec is right now. There's no way to measure it. Eff that. Stick with your commando and have fun with it.

Deleted
    you should play what you like, not what gives best DPS. I doubt anyone but the cutting edge progression guilds are going to bench you for playing a suboptimal class.

10+ Year Old Account
    With grav round/tracer missile being so strong and oh so spammable, it is very unlikely that vanguard/powertechs are doing more damage than commando/mercs. So, unless you want to tank or there's a specific aesthetic reason you want to play a vanguard, enjoy the commando!

I seem to do pretty good DPS in PVE scenarios and I am more or less in full Champion gear. As a ranged DPS there will always be an advantage in certain fights, keep that in mind.

However I will say that Commando is a lot more of a contant DPS class, we can burst but only if Regen Ammo is up (can't remember exact skill name). From what limited PVE content I have done so far, it's all about constant DPS anyways.

Stick with it, it will get better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Commando -> Vanguard for the kickass weapon anyhow :P

But on topic: I have to say, I don't think they should allow AC changes, if they did there should be a level cap where you can't anymore, so you could test both and then decide, but it'd have to be locked at some level.
    The first 10 levels are more of a tutorial, is what I like to see it as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry! Im super competitive with everything! Dont hate too much all, Thank you so much for your feedback, you proved my choice was the right one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ac respec most likely won't happen, but does make sense for most classes

Using repub names, mentally convert to sith

Consular is like wow's shaman. Even in the melee class you are using almost all of the abilities of the ranged class
    Trooper, you are havoc squad, you should be prepared for every situation.
    Smuggler, IMO this is the only one where ad respec makes least sense. Gunslinger/scoundrel are just so different from each other
    Knight, it's called learning a new light saber form.

Will it happen? Probably not
    If it happened lwould it make sense in story? Yes. The force can do many things
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Switching ACs? No. ACs almost serve two entirely different purposes. Like someone said, almost like 2 entirely different classes in one. I do however want to see dual specs. Some people who are spec'd into the healing tree have trouble if they are soloing or have to solo end game content such as dailies and tanks wanting to have a harder hit too.

In response to the OP, stick with Commando. Commando's do a lot of damage, they get a cool class/AC specific only weapon, and they have the option to heal if they want to/need to.
    Last edited by Rolow; 2012-01-23 at 11:26 PM.

Not at the moment.

It was once supposed to be in but they changed their minds about it. There's a chance it might happen in the future, but don't count on it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

You will just have to roll a new toon. I started as Gunslinger but by level 31 was so sick of crouching and standing interrupting my dps flow that I abandoned it. Much preffering any of the other classes who all seem to be able to barge in and smash stuff without any delays or changing stances. Happy!
    5% of people think. 10% of people think they think. The other 85% of people would rather die than think.

by the time you level up a vanguard, commando might be doing better dps

not that we can even tell anyway, since theres no logs to record performance

They discussed this back and forth for quite some time but in the end they decided that being able to completely switch class would be a pretty bad idea.

Who knows, they might come around if enough people want it.

Imo I have mixed feelings about it but I can't really get more into it as it would probably be a very lengthy post :P
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Will the feature of switching Adv classes ever be implemented? This may be a stupid question, but i feel i may of made a mistake of going Commando, and should of gone Vanguard :/
    NO, see advance class as your nromal wow class.