Thumbs down Steel Series 6Gv2. Just a heads up.

So it happened, the space key broke on my second 6Gv2.

I original bought the first one only to have the space key break, it stops popping back up.
    RMA'd it and got a replacement.
    And now a little over 1month it's broken too.
    The letters on the keyboard also fade after only being used 1 day, the overall quality of this board seems shoddy. It feels/looks pretty sturdy but apparantly looks can be deceiving.

It's the "nordic" version if that makes any difference.

Just talked with a mate of mine, his is doing the exact same thing. Guess it's a faulty production or really bad QA.

Anyways, just wanted to give people a heads up on this product.

And btw, No I don't usually break my keyboards. Every other keyboard I've bought still functions, the oldest one in my collection is 16years and fully functional.

I'm getting a Corsair K60 as a replacement for this board, hope that it holds more than a month.

Deleted
    Maybe I just got lucky with mine but I am very happy with it. The keys do fade I will give you that, but other than that its a very sturdy keyboard. I put some use on this puppy too, around 1 year of heavy use as well as the occasional(being modest when I say occasional) angry alt-f4 rage slams haha. I also love the look of this keyboard, very basic, just like my first keyboard when I was playing Prince of Persia on DOS lol.

It sucks to hear you have had that much trouble with your new toy, problems like that are never fun! I hope you have more luck with Corsair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dologalot View Post
    Maybe I just got lucky with mine but I am very happy with it. The keys do fade I will give you that, but other than that its a very sturdy keyboard. I put some use on this puppy too, around 1 year of heavy use as well as the occasional(being modest when I say occasional) angry alt-f4 rage slams haha. I also love the look of this keyboard, very basic, just like my first keyboard when I was playing Prince of Persia on DOS lol.

It sucks to hear you have had that much trouble with your new toy, problems like that are never fun! I hope you have more luck with Corsair.
    Which version do you have? I've heard rumours that this mostly plagues the nordic versions. No idea if they are assembled at different places with varying parts.

Deleted
    I have the Nordic version as well, like I said tho I could have just been lucky. Although being lucky is not really my strong suit, hey its bound to happen sooner or later. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have one, and i havent had any massive problems, my right shift key does pop off sometimes, i think its bc i hit it hard when i was drunk one night though.

I live in canada though

They really should have laser-etched the keys instead of printing them. Sorry to hear about your troubles with steelseries. For mechanicals, I still have to vouch for Das, Filco, some Ducky products, and Leopold. Gaming companies just don't make things to quite the same standard. Gaming label itself has almost become synonymous with poor quality.

I've had mine for about 6 months now and don't have any complaints about it. Sometimes you just get malfunctional products.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I'm sorry to hear about your hardships with it, and thank you for sharing. Being constructive and informative about these matters is a great thing.
    "Gaming" peripherals will always leave a sour taste in my mouth, and I don't think I've ever associated it with quality.

The sad thing is though, in the Nordic countries, they are almost the only options for mechanical keyboards. Importing from the UK or the US is less appealing, since they have the wrong layout. :P