Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Annual pass and Diablo 3 Collectors edition

Strait from blizzard FAQ on the Annual Pass:

"What if I purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition?

If you decide to purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition when it's available, and then choose to add your Collector's Edition license key to the Battle.net account associated with your existing World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion, you will receive all of the benefits associated with the Collector's Edition, plus receive four months of World of Warcraft game time which is eligible towards your 12-month subscription commitment. After you purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition you just need to input the product key into the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft 12-month commitment and that account will then receive the next 4 months of World of Warcraft game time for free. For example, if you already had a month of game time on the associated World of Warcraft account when you input your Diablo III Collector's Edition product key, it would then be 5 months until your next subscription payment was due."

If blizzard fails to release D3 they are going to have alot of angry customers, mmore so then they have now and tons of bad PR =/

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    If blizzard fails to release D3 they are going to have alot of angry customers, mmore so then they have now and tons of bad PR =/
    "fails to release D3" ? As in within the first 12 month Annual Pass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    "fails to release D3" ? As in within the first 12 month Annual Pass?
    No as in if its not released by July, and is released within the time frame of August, September, or later, the 4 months will mean nothing. As some players are planning on not playing WoW extensively to even consider paying it after the D3 is released. Many signed up thinking that they would only have to pay for a certain amount of months, and let the 4 months take over for the rest of the agreement. Say if the game is released in October, the Annual pass will have cost them $60 more than they originally anticipated.
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2012-01-24 at 10:09 PM.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would blizzard fail to release D3? Any good point on why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    No as in if its not released by July, and is released within the time frame of August, September, or later, the 4 months will mean nothing. As some players are planning on not playing WoW extensively to even consider paying it after the D3 is released. Many signed up thinking that they would only have to pay for a certain amount of months, and let the 4 months take over for the rest of the agreement. Say if the game is released in October, the Annual pass will have cost them $60 more than they originally anticipated.
    So why would they be angry because they assumed? It quite clearly says that it is eligible towards your 12-month subscription commitment, not that it WILL be put towards your 12-month subscription commitment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    So why would they be angry because they assumed? It quite clearly says that it is eligible towards your 12-month subscription commitment, not that it WILL be put towards your 12-month subscription commitment.
    I dont want to play word games with you. Just keep in mind, if you wanted to do the Annual Pass, and wanted the CE D3, you would of signed up thinking the pass would be a great deal. Thats who it was targeted for.

I am pretty positive though, that the game will be released by July. So its a non issue for me till the time comes.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

So what you're saying is unless D3 is released in June or July (no earlier, no later) these people wont be happy. Pretty small target assumption for a game without a release date...

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is unless D3 is released in June or July (no earlier, no later) these people wont be happy. Pretty small target assumption for a game without a release date...
    I am not the OP, I was just providing more information that was lacking. But please consider that there are people that were planning on this, and it worries them. Just like any other person when they feel a deal has gone bad for them, before its actually gone bad.

I'm sure they'll just add the 4 months game time even after the commitment is over.

I am not the OP, I was just providing more information that was lacking. But please consider that there are people that were planning on this, and it worries them. Just like any other person when they feel a deal has gone bad for them, before its actually gone bad.
    Never said you were. I was just replying to the information you provided. But please consider that these people who made plans based on guesses and assumptions will be disappointed when those guesses and assumptions turn out to false. Just like any deal, its not Blizz's fault that conditions neither party agreed to were not met.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-01-24 at 10:40 PM.

Considering your using diablo, as a selling point, to draw in subscribers and to not fulfill on said commitment (in part by not honoring the 4 months off the annual pass if you buy the collectors) This is a breach of the contract on blizzards part.

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    I'm sure they'll just add the 4 months game time even after the commitment is over.

regardless if they add time or not, it was not up to blizzard to assume a customer would want those 4 months ON TOP OF the 12 month commitment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like any deal, its not Blizz's fault that conditions neither party agreed to were not met.
    But that was Blizzard's original intentions and could still be. Once again, I am not here to play word games. IF they really wanted to, they could of just said that you can purchase the CE, and upgrade your account with four free months of WoW. Then not even say the time is eligible to go towards the contract.

If there is any major changes, I am pretty positive Blizzard will state something about the Annual Pass, and possibly update the perks with the CE. They might even just turn around and just give you $60 in Bliz Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    regardless if they add time or not, it was not up to blizzard to assume a customer would want those 4 months ON TOP OF the 12 month commitment.
    But it is up to the customer whether or not they wanted to get the annual pass in the first place. Why people pay for something they don't want, I'll never know. The commitments and benefits were all right there in black and white upon signing up for the thing.

"After you purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition you just need to input the product key into the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft 12-month commitment and that account will then receive the next 4 months of World of Warcraft game time for free." How does one enter a Product Key from something they could not release on time? Basically what they are saying is, you get the next 4 months of WoW FREE for buying the collectors edition. To add onto it, The only way you can upgrade to the Collectors Edition is to BUY the collectors edition. So there is really no need to fear that it will not be released on time.
    Last edited by Swisted; 2012-01-24 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    But it is up to the customer whether or not they wanted to get the annual pass in the first place. Why people pay for something they don't want, I'll never know. The commitments and benefits were all right there in black and white upon signing up for the thing.
    Things change, shit happens.

Relatives pass away, car accidents, storm damage.

Financial situations change, and the people who wish to cancel have all the RIGHT to if they please. Even regardless of emergencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless MoP turn out to be really bad I'm really not bothered if half or none of the 4 months from the CE goes towards my annual pass months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    "After you purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition you just need to input the product key into the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft 12-month commitment and that account will then receive the next 4 months of World of Warcraft game time for free." How does one enter a Product Key from something they could not release on time? Basically what they are saying is, you get the next 4 months of WoW FREE for buying the collectors edition. To add onto it, The only way you can upgrade to the Collectors Edition is to BUY the collectors edition. So there is really no need to fear that it will not be released on time.
    On top of that, they're probably going to actually make -more- money with that deal.

They're making out like bandits with all this crap eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am confused, what are people complaining about in regards to the Annual pass and Diablo 3 CE?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Things change, shit happens.

Relatives pass away, car accidents, storm damage.

Financial situations change, and the people who wish to cancel have all the RIGHT to if they please. Even regardless of emergencies.
    And that's why you can cancell it.

'Sfar as I know they never stated that Diablo III would actually be released during the annual pass and that the only thing you're promised to get are the things listed when you sign for it. 4 months of played that count towards annual if you buy CE is likely to be converted into 4 months of played time should D3 be released after the annual pass has finished.

If you have so little interest in WoW to not play after the annual pass ends, then you're just another idiot who saw the word "Free" and signed up.

Good job.