View Poll Results: Do you want the old AV back?

Voters
174. This poll is closed
  • Yes. Yes! YES!!

98 56.32%
  • Oh hell no, I don't have 12+ hours to play one game.

33 18.97%
  • Eh, maybe not the old AV, but something close.

40 22.99%
  • ....AV didn't always have reinforcements?

3 1.72%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't work in the current game. Simple as that. Yes I really loved those multiple days lasting AVs but I'm realist. It simply would not work when you account how the current game works and people's mind set.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me back my 28 hours long AV, that was epic, god damn it, EPIC I TELL YOU!
    Mindless...

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think they should remove the autowin condition for slaying Van/Drek... but make him a big drop in reinforcements... something like 150. Also reduce the rate which the mines add reinforcements back to you by a little. So it would look something like this:

Killing Bal/Galv: -100 Reinforcements
    Each Tower destroyed: -75 Reinforce
    End Boss: -150 Reinforce

That would be -550 right there, so guarantee at least 50 kills would need to be from players... although depending on which way you wanted to tweak the bg you could adjust the above numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    It wouldn't work in the current game. Simple as that. Yes I really loved those multiple days lasting AVs but I'm realist. It simply would not work when you account how the current game works and people's mind set.
    This is very vague, can you expand upon your reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    No, no, no, no. Because then we will remember WHY it had to be changed in the first place.
    Because it was an absolute nightmare to get AV marks. But they don't exist any more.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

If I play Alliance, I might not want it back, but I've never been Alliance, so, I lose every single game within 10mins.

Does this mean Alliance are more intellegent? Does this mean Alliance are more skilled? You be the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nryka View Post
    Basically, what the game needs is a battleground where we actually do PvP, regardless of any form of rewards.

The old AV was pretty much it: many players put together in a valley, fighting to death. That was the greatest way to farm HKs. Modern AV isn't it.
    If you are on Alliance and miss this playstyle, recap Stonehearth Graveyard. There ya go. Be prepared for a lot of people to be pissed though.

The single battles lasting for hours upon hours would suck, they'd have to put some kind of draw feature in where if there wasn't a winner forty minutes in or however long, you'd either not win anything or both win 200 Honor for example.

I would really, really like them to bring back the summoning of the bosses back. Loq the Rock ran shit.

Deleted
    YES YES YES! But it should be an option, and not something you have to do. This would make me incredibly happy.

Not exactly as it once was. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of an AV match that lasts days, and that certainly wouldn't work in today's PvP. I would enjoy some aspects of the old AV returning though, such as the importance of summoning the NPCs. Now it's simply rush to the boss and kill him.

Make it impossible to zerg rush the generals from the start.

Make it so you have to summon the ice lord (horde) or the Treant (alliance)
    Make it so you have to use the air support units (summoned by freeing the Wing commanders Ichman (alliance) and Mulverick (Horde) from the bunkers)
    Make it so you have to send in the Cavalry units
    Make it so you have to kill Galv (alliance) or Belinda (Horde) or the General is just too powerful and 2-3 shots people or something.

To make AV last as long as it used to, you would have make it just not feasible to bum rush the general, you would have to change it to the point where it is virtually impossible to win any other way, save for playing the BG the way it was meant to be played.

Capturing the mines to fuel reinforcements, collecting bloods to summon the ice lord, collecting armor scraps for the cavalry, and whatever it was for the air units, from enemy players.

A bonus to honor or damage if Galv/Belinda is still alive would at least have people try to defend them.

It's simply easier to bum rush vann/drek, send in a geared PVE tank and zerg the boss down, that it is to get the 500 bloods+the 5 (or is it 10?) people required to summon the ultimate unit, rescue Mulverick and turn in the cloth and have Mulverick send in the bombers to attack the bunkers, or have the captain guy send in the wolf riders.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-01-27 at 07:23 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Newsflash: the old AV doesn't exist anymore because ......../drumroll.......people tired of it. Terminally.
    Honestly I always assumed it was because it was completely stupid to have to spend months farming day long AVs in order to get enough AV marks to purchase anything, considering other battlegrounds took maybe half an hour.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

An option to play old AV, but not have it in the queue, and have the one we have now still in queue? Sure.

Although, put some kind of time limit on it, like 2-3 hours at most.

Basically all they really need to do is add a BG that is just Team Deathmatch. Aka Arena with 15-40 ppl on each side instead of 2-5

Yes, yes! A thousand times yes! I loved having to work to get the big dudes.
    "Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs."

Deleted
    They should put it back to the way it was but scaled to lvl 85/90 whichever it would be.

Rome wasn't built in a day, nor was any war won in a day, and how the hell a war is won in less than an hour beats me, so definitely no time limit on it either, but no penalty for leaving either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Sorry no the old AV was lame. 3 day fights was ridiculous.

I don't think I ever experienced AVs lasting for days, but I did have fun. Now it's all about who can kill the boss first. Field of Strife is Field of Ignorance. Shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I would like it to be back but well.. it seems rather impossible Maybe not AV lasting days or 10+ hours but AV when you really had a purpose to summon riders, lords, free commanders. I still remember TBC times. When I entered AV and announced idea "Let's collect items to summon wolf riders" and people divided roles between them so we
    could do it. Those are really nice memories, those people willing to have fun and feel the great battle.

Old AV was more fun than WvW in GW2!!
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?