Kingdoms of Amalur - The Reckoning... Buy or Not?

I was really really looking forward to this game. After the demo I can say I still want to play it, but..........

There is no option for fixed camera like WoW or Skyrim and there is no Z targeting. Yes the combat is deep but it is extremely hindered by wonky Fable camera. I look forward to hearing others opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shemarra View Post
    I was really really looking forward to this game. After the demo I can say I still want to play it, but..........

There is no option for fixed camera like WoW or Skyrim and there is no Z targeting. Yes the combat is deep but it is extremely hindered by wonky Fable camera. I look forward to hearing others opinions.
    I preordered,I tried it and had fun with the demo, so I got the game and will have fun with it.

You sound like you had fun with the demo, so get the game. It's very simple =P
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

I enjoyed it but im a little concerned about how much time I can comfortably put into it so im waiting on the reviews to see how it plays out.

The price is quite steep for what the game offers. It's a game with invisible walls, mediocre graphics, reasonable combat, a very basic quest interface and an ok'ish skill set/talent tree. You pay 50 bucks for that game. I personally vote that the game shouldn't be more than 25. It's way overpriced.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-01-26 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The price is quite steep for what the game offers. It's a game with invisible walls, mediocre graphics, reasonably combat, a very basic quest interface and an ok'ish skill set/talent tree. You pay 50 bucks for that game. I personally vote that the game shouldn't be more than 25. It's way overpriced.
    It is actually available at some keystores for around 35-40USD.
    From what I know the legit ones of these stores buy the games in countries that have low prices on games and resell the key.
    I haven't purchased from one myself yet, but a friend of mine has bought BF3. Batman Arksham Asylum among others without a hitch. They more or less just mail you a scan of the retail box with the key and you type that into origin so you can download it there.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2012-01-26 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Looks quite nice.
    There is a demo on Steam and Origin, I think this game is very hit or miss in people's taste.

I enjoyed the Demo, and until they fix the lag compoensation on MW3 or my friends get BF3 (they are all playing Forza... I cant stand racing games) I need a new game. Put over 250 hours into Skyrim... Not a whole lot coming out until ME3 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep i'm getting it. Would even get the collectors edition with the statue if i had the money. instead i may just go for regular for PS3 and MAYBE order it for PC with collectors edition regular version.

I don't understand the overpriced point people are raising.. I was under the impression it had a sizeable single player - huge dialogue options, however the player can choose to select the "short cut" dialogue option to lessen the RP factor. Combat is fast and engaging, world is still quite large despite the invisible walls and lots of quests..

From those playing final build of the game pre release they are saying things like "ambitiously big", "breathtaking landscapes", "immersive story" etc.
    Sounds like its more than earned its price point to me - particularly when you consider the price premium games like the assassins creed series charge (and there are a lot of others that the same could be said of).

That's just my opinion though, and I'm yet to play the finished product.