15+ Year Old Account

ElvUI + Gatherer

Hey guys 'n gals,

Like many other WoW UI enthusiasts, I consider the default UI drab and very lacking in function and usefulness in general. While it's enough to "get the job done", that just doesn't do it for someone who's played the game for 5 years and aching for some style changes! So I found ElvUI, and I'm loving it. If you haven't checked it out and are looking for something new, comprehensive, and that doesn't take a ton of setup, this is the UI for you. It's as easy to configure/personalize as SUF/Pitbull, with all the bells and whistles of Bartender, Quartz, DoTimers, Baggins, and several other semi-essential addons. And to top it all off, it uses LESS system resources. I've gone from using almost 25 addons to keep my custom UI together to using only Auctioneer, Altoholic, DBM, ElvUI, Gatherer, MSBT, Power Auras, Postal, and Skada.

My problem - and the reason for posting this thread - is that I've found a conflict between ElvUI and Gatherer. The default minimap has no problem displaying previously-discovered mining nodes, but the /farmmode map doesn't! I would love to use the larger, cleaner map for farming, but without Gatherer to guide, I feel like I might as well just use the default map.

Thanks in advance.

Only 25 addons? I used to run with over 80 before I found ElvUI.

I haven't used Gatherer since BC content... but I'd suggest using GatherMate2. I constantly switch to a HUD-view for archeology nodes without issue. The one key feature that it has over Gatherer is that you can use the GatherMate2_Data addon to load known node data from various sources; you no longer have to initially discover the nodes on your own.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ElvUI creates a new /farmmode minimap which is not specified in Gatherer or any other addons that use your standard minimap. So, unless Gatherer's author will make some changes to the code, you won't see previously-discovered mining nodes on the /farmmode minimap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toggol View Post
    Only 25 addons? I used to run with over 80 before I found ElvUI.

I haven't used Gatherer since BC content... but I'd suggest using GatherMate2. I constantly switch to a HUD-view for archeology nodes without issue. The one key feature that it has over Gatherer is that you can use the GatherMate2_Data addon to load known node data from various sources; you no longer have to initially discover the nodes on your own.
    Yeah i was disappointed back when i found out gatherer didn't work with elvui, but then someone suggested gathermate2 to me and ill never go back to gatherer even if i drop elvui.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had an issue with Gatherer and ElvUI
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll give GatherMate2 a try. I've been hesitant to change gathering addons cause of the large number of discovered nodes in my bank, but it sounds worth checking out. Thanks!

Deleted
    Gathermate2 + Routes + maybe TomTom is way better anyway than Gatherer.