Deleted

Has content been nerfed or is the smoother gameplay really making an impact?

Cleared EV and KP normal mode last night in my guild with a few pugs...were getting better geared and more used tyo the fights for sure as the weeks go on but last night it just felt much easier. Im wondering whether the patch has allowed some classes to put more damage out due to their combat being more responsive or a stealth nerf has been implemented...or maybe we just did really well

Anyone else notice anything similar since the patch?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they have made any significant in ops changes (aside from Soa's mind traps). It is probably just your groups gear and knowledge improving.

Or the pugs were massively better than the people you usually run with which is extremely possible without there being a damage meter. If you have a different mix of ranged/melee than your usual group it can make a huge difference too on most fights. First couple weeks we ran with only one ranged DPS in our 8 man before adding a second last week finally. It made the fights much easier. The difference ranged makes on fights like Soa with mindtraps and the increased up time on the boss in phase 3, even if it just a second or two, is incredibly noticeable.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried raiding yet but my server's pretty bad and there are a lot of pugs that prove successful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    I haven't tried raiding yet but my server's pretty bad and there are a lot of pugs that prove successful.
    Ya normal mode is not hard at all pre-Soa. Unless your group is phenomenally bad, which I have seen and laughed my ass off at on my server when they made a pug from this fifty channel we have and worked on the robot for hours, you should be able to walk to 4/5 in a couple hours with minimal wipes unless people are in greens. Soa is the first real fight in EV that requires coordination aside from running out of pounce, hiding from missiles, spinning a dial, etc.

It's much easier since 1.1.
    We actually got nightmare soa on the third try yesterday with no previous experience on him. (on nightmare that is)
    Also one shot everything in kraggas palace on nightmare except the 2 bosses and kragga himself (also took 3 tries each)
    It does seem like they caved with the difficulty, hardmode soa pre-1.1 was hard as hell, although it was mostly due to bugs, and now nightmare soa is a pushover.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hardmode and Nightmare mode of the Operations do require you to be on your A-Game, the bosses have more health, deal more damage, with the exact same enrage timers. I'm just starting into hardmodes, and if our DPS isn't on their A-games, we will wipe to a boss.

The game has not been nerfed as of yesterday.

We ran Eternity Vault last night and you could tell teh smoother game play was there.

Bioware did a really good thing with this patch. Sure it wont get everyone but they also said they are working on that too.

Last night was a good raiding night and the patch made a huge difference for the better.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya normal mode is not hard at all pre-Soa. Unless your group is phenomenally bad, which I have seen and laughed my ass off at on my server when they made a pug from this fifty channel we have and worked on the robot for hours, you should be able to walk to 4/5 in a couple hours with minimal wipes unless people are in greens. Soa is the first real fight in EV that requires coordination aside from running out of pounce, hiding from missiles, spinning a dial, etc.
    Are you who I think you are Conscript ? Nice to see a familiar face on MMO-Champion!

EV hardmode pylons are still broken (I can not even being to tell you how f'ing arragvating this fight is with the random bug outs on doing the clicks. It took us 10x tries this week to get this fight done and the fight is so stupid easy); ghajr still sometimes bugs out when creating islands in phase changes; players still die after getting off of speeders before lava room totally randomly; Karagga hardmode bonecrusher fight will still once in awhile randomly aggro as you're spawning into the room; there is a known bug which will allow players to repeatedly clear all the content over and over without the instance getting locked out even with a final boss kill, FP's well the list is still long and annoying.

Combat - (these are the two classes I play at end-game) marauder "ravage" still has ability delay; "disrupt" doesn't seem to always work when clicked, BH "energy shield" still doesn't always work when clicked,

Normal mode isn't hard, SOA requires some thinking, but apart from that it's faceroll. Same for HM. I've not tried NM so can't comment on that, but I am guessing the first 4 fights in EV are easy on NM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellrae View Post
    EV hardmode pylons are still broken (I can not even being to tell you how f'ing arragvating this fight is with the random bug outs on doing the clicks. It took us 10x tries this week to get this fight done and the fight is so stupid easy); ghajr still sometimes bugs out when creating islands in phase changes; players still die after getting off of speeders before lava room totally randomly; Karagga hardmode bonecrusher fight will still once in awhile randomly aggro as you're spawning into the room; there is a known bug which will allow players to repeatedly clear all the content over and over without the instance getting locked out even with a final boss kill, FP's well the list is still long and annoying.

Combat - (these are the two classes I play at end-game) marauder "ravage" still has ability delay; "disrupt" doesn't seem to always work when clicked, BH "energy shield" still doesn't always work when clicked,
    As for the ancient pylons locking out on the 4th row, our group pretty much found the "cause" of it.
    Basically, if your last row requires one "turn" to complete, it will bug out and lock. We also found that using both panels at the exact same time when about to turn the last row helps avoid any other bugs (save the "one turn" bug which seems unfixable unless resetting instance and hoping it won't require one again).