Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What are you most looking forward to in GW2?

I searched the forums and couldn't find a similar thread.. So let us have one.

For me, a completely new PvP type of style (WvWvW). I really dislike the whole one side vs another side kind of ordeal and a three sided PvP archetype seems to me to be the most effective way to handle world balance. (similar to a system of checks and balances where one side gets too strong and the other two attempt to balance it out.)

PvP is huge for me and all that added PvE stuff just makes me want this game so much more.
    "And a man…a man provides."
    Streaming SWTOR, HON, nostalgia games, and what ever the people request at http://twitch.tv/seamaf.

10+ Year Old Account
    World domination, bookah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    bookah.
    If you keep throwing around that b-word I'm gonna call the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Charr People) on you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    If you keep throwing around that b-word I'm gonna call the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Charr People) on you!
    You'd have more luck with the SPCA...

bookah.

That fresh shiny new pioneering feeling of exploring the game and building a new community to document and share information with. That's what I'm looking forward to the most. Reading forums with in depth discussion about PvP gameplay and experimentation is what puts a fire in my belly.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be slightly more on topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by seamaf View Post
    I searched the forums and couldn't find a similar thread.. So let us have one.

For me, a completely new PvP type of style (WvWvW). I really dislike the whole one side vs another side kind of ordeal and a three sided PvP archetype seems to me to be the most effective way to handle world balance. (similar to a system of checks and balances where one side gets too strong and the other two attempt to balance it out.)

PvP is huge for me and all that added PvE stuff just makes me want this game so much more.
    Probably exploring things for the first time. I can't wait to run around the cities especially.

Deleted
    You'd have more luck with the SPCA...

bookah.
    The stray, poor cats association?

Mine is to delve into an open MMO world with lots of lore, with a fresh feeling. Like an adventurer. WoW did get boring.
    And I'm also looking forward to it's combat style, so it won't feel like a copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also want to throw in there that it is going to be interesting trying to coordinate people for world bosses when they are so massive. (I tend to be the raid or dungeon leader in all games that I play, so it is going to be quite fun to figure it out)
    Streaming SWTOR, HON, nostalgia games, and what ever the people request at http://twitch.tv/seamaf.

A fresh start!

I currently still play WoW and I have met some of the coolest people ever and it made me so sad when they finally quit the game because it's stale and imbalanced heavily in PvP. In Guild Wars 2 my friends and I are all going to be playing on the same server with a fresh start and I cannot wait for it to come out! What I'm looking for in the game is a awesome leveling experience (I really love the personal story concept) and overall PVE. I hope the PVP aspect is very competitive and balanced because my friends and I are definitely more PVP focused. Overall I really do like the story of GW2 and the class profession combinations. I can list a whole bunch of things that I liked but I'll just keep it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MQM5K View Post
    That fresh shiny new pioneering feeling of exploring the game...
    Probably exploring things for the first time. I can't wait to run around the cities especially.
    Broadly speaking, this sense of exploration and discovery is what I'm looking forward to the most, as well. I also like that it will be especially rewarding in Guild Wars 2 due to the Dynamic Event system. Other games have had vast worlds to explore, but few have made active exploration such a crucial part of the PvE gameplay. Love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing with friends again (My friends don't play enough Team Fortress 2.). This is what I liked most in WoW, and what got me started in the first place. I know quite some people already who'll play GW2, and I'll probably make new friends as well, so that's cool as well.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Dynamic Events/rewarding players for working together and making it easy to do so. That would top my very long list of things I am looking forward to.

Deleted
    Release date!

Im looking forward to how the Lore of the game fleshes itself out, experiencing dynamic events, doing WvWvW, and exploration, And of course playing with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bahhh. Dynamic Events sounds sooo great. I love how Anet is taking their time to make the most perfect game but I don't want to freaking wait for it.

So much impatience.

Deleted
    Realm vs Realm vs Realm so we finally can get PvP the way it was ment to be in a mmo.

What am I most looking forward to in this game? The system requirements being released. I haven't been keeping up on many things GW2, because I don't want to get my hopes up of being able to play it and then finding out my computer couldn't handle it on horribly low graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering this game has been in development for 6 years I am going to *hopefully* assume it wont require a SUPER high end pc to run on. My pc is an enthusiast pc, but many of my friends cant afford/dont want to fork over the dough for a souped up pc.

A really new game, not just some clone(not saying it is bad)
    Playing with friends
    WvWvW.
    Dynamic Events.
    PvP.
    Get gear that looks really awesome.
    Character creation
    Explore the world.
    Dye.
    Hearts.
    Can't wait to run around the cities.
    Be patience I am dyslexic..