Looking for advice on healing madness

My guild downs madness regularly at his point and we always 3 heal but lately I see all these posts of people stating that they don't have mana problems when three healing madness while I always do. We currently run green > red > yellow > blue and this is 10 man btw. I have somewhat of a rotation going throughout each platform. Where I'm mainly using divine light while the Corruption tentacle is up (we kind of suck at spreading out). I use DF, AW and AM on the first two platforms and I begin to weave in more Holy radiance as the health of each limb lowers. For the 3rd platform the only cooldown I use is AW as I'm saving both DF and AM for the unslowed meteor on platform 4. I use DP between each platform and melee the limb and usually get back up to full mana before the new corruption tentacle spawns. The transition to phase 2 is the only time I can't return to full mana and from there I'm mainly tank healing but we usually lose one and sometimes both tanks to the adds(Not sure why). I generally use a concentration pot as well during phase 2 but still oom before the fight is over.

Here is a link to our last kill http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ukhkh...?s=7388&e=8260

And my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...culpa/advanced

Compared your logs from a kill my guild had a while back. Your mana return from Divine Plea, Replenish and other sources are pretty close to mine with a few exceptions. I'm having a boomkin Innervate me on cooldown after the 3rd platform. Its small overall, but every little bit helps. Also, I have the 2-set tier 13 rather than 2-set tier 12, which is slightly better for mana consumption when used efficiently (under heavy output phases, preferably during high HR useage). We also 2-heal the fight (holy pally/resto druid) rather than 3.

Big differences though are these 2.

1 - JotP uptime. You're fine until what looks like platform 4, when you just didn't refresh it for the rest of the fight. 30% of your spirit regen just disappears, so you aren't going to last as long.
    2 - longer fight due to running 5 dps instead of 6-7

As for the first, this is just something you have to watch. No matter how hard you're having to heal, you should be able to spare a gcd to keep your primary regen mechanic active. You have it down for the last 4 minutes of the fight, which probably costs you something in the range of 40k mana, just for that short time. That's assuming about 7k intellect and 3700 spirit in raid buffs.

For the second, you either need to go to a 2 tank/2 heal or 1 tank/2-3 heal strategy to improve. Having the dps to push DW after 1 set of terrors is huge. If you have to kill the second set of terrors, you're going to burn a lot of mana keeping tanks alive in addition to brutal raid damage from DW himself.

Kurzior has both points right on the money.
    1. JotP - you had 68.4% uptime, on my last kill, i had 100% uptime (can't link yet but you can search for caant on ysondre)...yes, I overjudge...48 judgements in a 13 minute fight, but it makes sure JotP stays up plus its a bit of dps while bored

2. Dropping a tank for dps shortens the fight and helps ease your mana use

3. you cast beacon of light 14 times!!! I cast mine 4 times (usually at the start of a platform when i have spare mana) - if you're going to cast it that often, use the major glyph which makes it free (you're wasting mana otherwise...of course you really don't need the glyph of holy wrath right now anyways...i swap divine protection and beacon for various fights)

Thanks for the quick reply I'm surprised I didnt notice the jp uptime as that would deffinitly account for my lack mana in p2. As far as the beaconing goes im switching between tanks when they taunt corruptions.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen no real reason to switch the beacon between corruptions on this fight, the mana loss is too significant to be wasted on who is receiving my minimal beacon heal. How ever one thing I have found myself doing is casting divine plea around 10 seconds into the fight and then once again as we are switching platforms. The 5-10 seconds of non cast time usually brings me back to 80+% of mana at the start of each platform. With you having over 500 more spirit then I do currently all I can suggest is keep up your JotP and time out your cd usage.

Also having that you mentioned your stacking issues, we have our melee group in a moon shape around the tentacle and our range fills in the gaps between the melee staying 10 yards apart or more.

Phase 2: I use wings when the first set of adds come out and the second set I use my guardian we also pop lust right now to get down the adds then back to Deathwing to finish him off.

Finishing the fight with with around 20% mana on average.