Thread: H:Yor'sahj CD

H:Yor'sahj CD

Was just curious how people are handling their CD with Combustion. Are you using it at the start and every time it comes off CD even if it's not a black phase and you have a good Ignite rolling? Are you not using it every time it's up and just saving it for black phases to ensure it's up every time? Ive had problems doing both methods. It seems like if I just save it for black phases we only get like 1 or 2 which can cripple DPS. Or if I use it every time it's off CD and not a black phase it always seems like we have 3 or 4 black phases and when the time comes for black phase Combustion isn't off CD. Just a very frustrating encounter. Hope this makes sense.

Deleted
    I just hold mine untill it announces the colours. If there is no black, I pop it within 5 seconds.
    Usually I got a good ignite due to spamming fireball. If there is a black I hold onto it and use it when the adds are coming towards the boss and I get an average Ignite, If I don't get Hot Streak procs I hardcast a Pyro, get an Ignite around 15k, - because I don't tend to get good ones on kills, only on wipes - put LB on target and pop Combustion. I don't try to line it up with the IotCM here.
    We also kill black when we got Black/Purple/Blue/Yellow combination, depending how your guild does it, but if this happens I use combustion aswell as there will be no adds.

Conclusion:
    Holding onto Combusting if there is a black add, popping Combustion when there is none, at start.
    Thats what I tend to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    If I don't get Hot Streak procs I hardcast a Pyro, get an Ignite around 15k, - because I don't tend to get good ones on kills, only on wipes - put LB on target and pop Combustion.
    OMG I know right! Seems like every time I have amazing RNG we wipe. But yeah I was thinking of hardcasting a PB also but im just worried that it will be a weak Ignite. I might try this cause there are times where I cannot proc HS during the black phase for the life of me.

Deleted
    Just because it are alot of adds, like 20-25 in 25man, I think it's worth it to hardcast the pyro for the DoT component, more then wait for an HS procc, not getting one and just popping combustion without it.

If you have 4T13 then it will be up for every ooze phase, unless you pop it near the end of the phase.

At the start of the fight wait to see what oozes are announced. If you're gonna have adds, save it. If you won't, try to use Combustion before running off to kill the ooze.

The only problem combo is (red), black and yellow. Try to save Combustion for the second set of adds, and have your raid hang around for a few seconds so you have time to get a decent Ignite, Combustion, and spread it before everyone runs off and the adds run out of range. This means that it probably won't be up for the start of the next phase, and if that includes Black then you might not get a Combustion spread onto the adds before they die, but if they're dying that quickly, hooray for your raid team.