Icc 25 man farming.

So for the past month or so me my brother and 2 friends have been going back and soloing old 40 man raids and 25s (60+70 content) as a 4 man group (tank healer 2 dps) to try and get our hand on a few legendarys. we got half the bindings an eye and a crap ton of kills on illidan and now were looking to add one more raid to the mix with 25 icc to try and finish up some of the shards for my shadowmourne. were not looking to do heroics at all just the 25 normals.

obviously ive had lots of exp at 80 with this damned instance (i say damned cuz i was in there for a year) so i know all the mechanics inside and out but i only know them for 15-25 men. im just curious if we have the makeup for this and if we might get fucked encounter wise. i know for marrowgar the bones might be an issue so i can bring in 2 extras but i dont want to rely on having 15+ pugs in there if i cant get them on a weekend.

TL;DR- Can me and 3 friends kill 25 icc for the most part atleast, doesnt have to be a full clear but i atleast want like 6-7 bosses. adding 3-5 more people is an option. anymore than that can be a hassle.

ps: Group make up is: Me Arms warrior, Enh shammy, Prot Pally, Resto Shammy.
    Last edited by terrih91; 2012-01-26 at 08:28 PM.

Best answer is to give it a try, how well geared is your 4man group? With the 30% buff available you're going to be quite a bit more powerful than usual.

Deleted
    if you can add up 5 people more it shouldn't be a problem to kill all the bosses
    less, you could have problems with one or two bosses - for example ice blocks on sindra and healing on dreamwalker
    but it's not that hard to get 15-20 rnd people every week to clear icc 25 hc (did this for 10 weeks on my realm which has an aweful horde side - took some time, yeah but still doable) - and if you only want to clear on normal just take some rnd people with you and lock the shards

Deleted
    Cleared ICC 10 man with a blood dk and a holy paladin. I think 5-6 people for 25 man could work.

Our 4 man grp is fine as far as gear goes. 385+ with like raid finder 4 sets. I dont doubt our damage more just the mechanics like imaples on marrow is all. But thanks for the feed back everyone im gonna give this a shot the saturday and see how it goes.

You're not likely to complete Shadowmourne on normal mode any time soon, the drop rate on shards is extremely low.

hell as long as i get it after a while it doesnt matter to me. i got 15 to start me off from where i left off last. some weekends ill organize a 25 heroic raid for achievements and the mount but god almighty some of the herps on server lol. but i know i wont get more than 3-5 a week off normals if i do a full clear or even up to green dragon. it doesnt phase me if it takes another month and a half to get it tbh i just want the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You're not likely to complete Shadowmourne on normal mode any time soon, the drop rate on shards is extremely low.
    25-50% on Normal 75-99% on Heroic mode, or something like that.

And unlike Yogg-Saron, LK isn't a guaranteed shard.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    25-50% on Normal 75-99% on Heroic mode, or something like that.

And unlike Yogg-Saron, LK isn't a guaranteed shard.
    right i figured the drop rate hasnt changed since wrath being that i didnt see a blue on it but yea i dont see us killing 25 lk with 4-5 people. we can do everything up to the last 3 i think with maybe 6-8 total. id want atleast 10-15 for a fullll clear.

Does Gunship scale with gear now? Im thinking of doing MoP with like 2-3 people

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that marrowgar cant impale the tanks, so the tank could break the bones if necessary.
    But i suggest you run with a 4th guy to be a melee dps tank when needed. Some mechanics can be ignored completely, like putricide oozes, while others you cant (iceblocks).

ps: Group make up is: Me Arms warrior, Enh shammy, Prot Pally, Resto Shammy.
    Nvm your comp looks perfect, give it a try.
    If anything i would get a ranged dps, but thats it.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

The only problem I see, is in doing blood queen. The vampire mechanic is compounding.

1 Turns into 2 Turns into 4 into 8, into 16.

If you don't have the dps to keep up with the vampires, the mechanic will wipe you.