View Poll Results: Which one gives more accurate ranking?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Gamespot

1 12.50%
  • Gamerankings

1 12.50%
  • Gamespy

0 0%
  • Gamezone

0 0%
  • IGN

1 12.50%
  • Gameinformer

0 0%
  • Other (explain)

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    15+ Year Old Account

Which game ranking website is less biased and/or more accurate?

Every now and then I see some number in ranking sites that doesn't fee right. Gamespot for example has had few of these. Which one of the above websites do you believe gives more accurate rankings?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

If you're just looking for a rating, I usually look at Metacritic, it takes an average of all the ranks the game has received.
    The Glowing Piece of Radical Rock!

I have always trusted Giantbomb.com with game ratings/reviews. They haven't given me a reason to believe that they'd be biased in any way, so they're cool in my book. I tend to stay away from most other ratings sites, particularly the ones that are known for paid reviews and the like. Even Metacritic can't be trusted in all situations (*cough* Dragon Age 2 *cough*), so that's kind of hit or miss.

15+ Year Old Account
    These are not exactly game dedicated websites. Do they have some board for ratings or just user reviews?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Metacritic is the only one I regularly use. Since it takes the average (as mentioned above) of the other reviews I feel it has the potential to be the most honest.

Deleted
    To be honest I've always thought the idea of giving an empirical value to a subjective experience strange. What ever happened to the days when we read the content of a review to determine if a product is worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    To be honest I've always thought the idea of giving an empirical value to a subjective experience strange. What ever happened to the days when we read the content of a review to determine if a product is worth buying?
    I came here ready to make a comment on how you really have to assume everyone is paid/biased if they are trying to make money off the site's with reviews on them, but I think you really stated it best with your musing.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Well if there was a website like imdb that users went to give well-made reviews it could work, but since gamers are generally younger it is hard to get that sort of review in gaming websites.

I like Gameranks.net since their voting system is very different than others. Moderators are not accepting every reviews if it is manipulating the ranking of the game. I tested it with giving 10 points every features of Wartune. It has been rejected by the staff and I got a mail from a moderator with a nice explanation why it is rejected. They also explained that they are not affiliated any games and they don't accept any ad offers from game companies. However they haven't built a good community though. This is one of cons of the website. I think the website hasn't created by native English speakers. I am not also native English speaker but sometimes I feel some sentences on the website doesn't make any sense. The thing I love in the website is "all games are ranked for each genres and sub categories" and all rankings can change with reviews & voting of the people.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler alert a lot of those gaming websites are paid for their reviews in either tech or cash so they are often very biased towards certain games.
    Personally speaking I don't usually look at any gaming websites when I'm deciding to buy a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing cause necro.