How to get started in Heroic FPs?

So I hit 50 a couple weeks ago on my Assassin (Deception DPS). Since then I've been doing some dailys and buying upgrades on the AH. I've upgraded all my mods to the Daily Commendation ones. I feel like I'm geared ok, almost everything is a blue or purple or orange close to level 50. I was hoping my guild would be running some, but it seems like once the first few people hit 50, they stopped playing.

Which heroic FP should I start on? Do you need to know them pretty well, or can you just jump right in a group and count on others explaining what to do? My main motivations for wanting to do them are:

1) To see the content
    2) To have a chance at the blue mat required to craft the reusable Biochem stuff.

Deleted
    Do wz's, buy the lvl50 pvp gear, jump straight into them, farm balck talon every day and if your decent do boarding party aswell, last boss is tricky'ish, if your in a semi decent group you can easily do a couple of the easy FP's. Dont be scared of trying them, they arent too difficult. I started HM's the day i hit 50 without much problems.

I did HM BT the first day I hit 50. It's the easiest one available and also the fastest. Foundry, False Emp, and Boarding Party are probably on the next tier for difficulty.

Most people I've run with haven't minded explaining the fights, but it might help to read up on some guides for the fights with more unusual mechanics, like Jin'Do Krey on False Emp. It's ridiculous how many times we wipe to that because somebody doesn't understand how to do the turrets. I've actually wiped more on him than on HK-47.

I don't think gear is a major issue with HM FP's apart from D7 and Foundry. (I think the foundry is doable too, havent tried it yet. D7 is a gearcheck though). I have done everything else in pretty much lvl up gear. (Everyone except from the tank had lvl up gear) You do need however to do the tactics flawlessly and good cooperation is required. If you have a group of friends, start doing HMs straight, otherwise farm BT HM (Ridiculously easy imo) and WZs for the dailys.

As an edit: If you go for HMs straight with friends, or a pug, expect to wipe. A lot.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2012-01-27 at 09:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I only hit 50 yesterday and have done H BT twice and BP once, with the only wipe being on the last boss of BP. We wiped a few times on that, until I read a strategy that recommended an unusual method. All we did was burn the commander right away, ignoring the shield, and interrupting the aoe knockback. The damage was very healable, and much easier to heal through than his damage once the shield is gone (it reduces his damage output). After he was dead it was very easy to just kill the medic then the last guy. The "normal" strat is easy if you have ranged, but our group was all melee so it was much easier to just do a burn method :P.

You can walk into BT HM at 50 with the gear you used while leveling. I did. We wiped once on the optional robot boss the first time.

If you are a good player you could also walk into 'normal' EV without gearing up much. We did and went 4/5 the first night without looking at strats. (Damn you missing stairs).

We had 3 fresh (that day) 50s, 1 healer and 2 dps, and once we understood the mechanics the fights were easy. Better be able to lol your way through fights 3 and 4 as well.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-01-27 at 10:03 AM.