Thread: Money with JC

Deleted

Money with JC

Hello, so I recently leveled my JC to 525, I heard you can make shitloads of money out of it. But at the moment I don't have many recipes considering I just got it to 525 and just bought the brilliant inferno one. Is there any way I can make money out of it now or should I get more recipes before I go prospecting?

You are going to need more recipes unfortunately, and as the patch moves on, the profits are going to be less and less because people will be getting less gear. However, if you stick with it you will be set for MoP.

Deleted
    You don't need to have any recipes to make tons of gold. It helps but it's not necessary. I for example made my first few hundred thousands with just one or two recipes and I had a lot of different people who all did the daily quest and were able to craft almost every gem for me. I gave them a generous tip and still made huge profits. They were actually happy to craft for me.

I suggest you make a list of all the people you know and their gem recipes and of course your own recipes so you always know what you have and what you need. Make sure to balance the load among a lot of people so that individual people don't get tired and don't come and say "hey, I can do what you do. bye". Don't forget to ask them if they have left over daily quest badges because some only buy the recipes they need for their class / role.

My message is: you don't have to do everything yourself.

Also, crafting is only a part of making money with JC. Being on the AH creating and aborting auctions takes up much more time.
    Last edited by mmoca92f6e820c; 2012-01-27 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    make uncommon quality equipment = disenchant.

used uncommon gems to transmute into rare's

other than cutting / selling...if you have a ton of gold you could reset the market on needed gems(rubies)
    buyout / all...takes a lot but heh double price overnight, stick resulting overflow on the AH with 5 different chars, so it looks like none of the people are willing to budge / undercut more than 10 silver...etc...it works VERY well...(it is kind of mean to people who have no recourse though...i guess, i've only done it once)

there is potential to make gold in a multitude of ways, carnelian spikes go essence, 90% of the time, however cost of red gems atm... not worth it.
    xmute em, the various rings are still good to do though.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find out which recipe will make the most money. Zone in and focus on that one. ???. Profit.

Deleted
    Thanks, you've really helped alot. I'll try to do what I can from the tips I got
    Last edited by mmoc5e6d05fdd6; 2012-01-29 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    Just wondering where do you guys get mats from without spending shitloads of gold and making 0 profit?

Deleted
    use this spreadsheet: http://stormspire.net/addons-ui-cust...et-v4-5-a.html to determine how much you get for 1 stack of ore. if you get 125g/stack and they cost 80g/stack on AH, its fairly safe to buy them and profit. If ore prices are very high in relation to your servers gem prices (mainly inferno rubies), you'll want to bark in trade that anyone and their mother can send you all elementium ore for XXg/stack.

the way i make profit outta jc is in combination with transmute master

you will need small fortune to start with around 5-10k will do

buy around 100 stacks of ore prospect and sell my breakdown look like this

uncommon into shadowspirit diamond/rare into cut gems and ah

ofc i worked to get many recipes so it might not work for you but selling cut meta gems always do so get the recipes for those first str/crit int/crit agi/crit

I did the ore shuffle for the first time in a few weeks today. I spent 10k on 270 stacks of elementium ore. That prospected into 48 inferno ruby's and 241 carnelians (and 200 of every other uncommon gem as well as several stacks of other rare gems).

I transmuted the carnelians into inferno ruby and got 100 Ruby's after procs. I then cut the Ruby's, 9 at a time (3 of each cut), into bold, delicate, and brilliant Ruby's, and listed them on the AH. These sold at roughly 140g per cut (took around 150 minutes to sell).

Now I've still got all the other uncommon gems to use to craft necklaces and rings and will then disenchant those and sell the shards and celestial essences. Sitting at around 10k profit at the minute excluding the gold I'll make from the shards and essences. Probably around 17k profit once those have been sold.

Ideally you need JC and Alchemy to make the most of It.
    Last edited by Gully Man; 2012-01-30 at 02:40 AM.