Poll: What was your favourite raid instance?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Naxx for me. Despite being easy it was the best laid out raid ever. 4 paths with variable levels of difficulty (even if the difficulty levels were extremely easy through somewhat easy).

Atmosphere was perfect and all of the bosses seemed to thrive in that atmosphere. The Dance is still one of the most fun fights ever for me. Ulduar would be my second favorite.

On a side note, I'm wondering if any others have the same opinion of Kara as I do. Somewhat overrated. The first half of Kara was GREAT, however, it lost the epic feel for me after the random stage boss. Once we started working our way up the spire the layout and feel of the place completely changed. The library was just goofy and the "stairs" or ramps in the upper portion (leading to Netherspite for instance) were cheap! Why couldn't they have the same feel as the stairs in the lower portion of Kara, you know, actual stairs. What happened to the second half or Kara?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunwell, great atmosphere and all around difficulty was just perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilor View Post
    Not to be mean, but there's a new favorite raid thread every week. In general, everyone knows how the public rank their raids. ToC is the worst, Ulduar/Kara are the best (note: my favorite is Sunwell, but I mean in general, that's basically what you'll see).
    Aye, but I'm trying to fit in pretty much everything. Hopefully, from comments, I can roughly figure out where joint votes are going but with only fifteen possible options, it's not easy to sort out.

Voted SSC. Dunno why, i just liked the place.
    Kara was good too, but i think running it 100 times probably had a negative effect

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll list the ones I did (partially) while they were relevant from most to least liked:
    Ulduar

ICC
    Firelands
    ToC (mainly due to Jaraxxus and Faction Champions fights)
    BWD/BoT
    Naxx

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia, I still remember the first time she gave me (an) epic head (quest item).

15+ Year Old Account
    Even tho Ulduar was great times, I had much better times in Firelands and I really enjoy the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Even tho Ulduar was great times, I had much better times in Firelands and I really enjoy the instance.
    Obviously you're under no obligation to answer, but can I ask why that was?

Vanilla: Naxx
    TBC: Black Temple
    Wotlk: ICC
    Cata: Firelands

Overall it's Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    So anyone who doesn't favor Ulduar isn't obliged to answer? That's the biggest blasphemy I've heard all day. Ulduar, although a very good raid, is very overrated. It's visuals are definately where it succeeds, and it had some good fights, but some bosses just felt like fillers, like Auriaya, Ignis and Razorscale. Black Temple also beats it in atmosphere, and definately has more lore. Sure, I think it's better than Firelands too, but people are entitled to opinions, and even when Ulduar was live it wasn't praised that much until it was discarded from progression.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-01-28 at 04:05 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woah hold on, I got to get the answer here. Why? Like FL is soooo DULL Except Ragnaros in my eyes at least.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Any who...

I played MC -> AQ40, and ICC -> BWD/BoT/4Winds, I missed Firelands and am playing DS now. Didn't play BC at all and didn't play ToC and Ulduar as I took a major break from Wow.

If I had to rank them it would be as follows.

Ulduar - 10/10
    ICC - 9/10
    Karazhan - 9/10
    AQ 40 (Just loved this place) 8/10
    Naxx 40 - 8/10
    BlackWing Layer 8/10
    Bastion of Twilight 7/10
    Black Temple 7/10
    Trial of the Crusader 6/10
    (All other BC raids) 6/10 (Forgive this score, as it reflects me playing it after the fact... way after the fact).
    Molten Core 6/10
    Firelands 5/10
    Throne of the Four Winds 4/10
    Dragon Soul 3/10

I find it hilarious how many votes the Cata raids have. But at the same time, I know it's just because far less people experienced previous expansion's content - at least at the level of knowledge of the game they're at now. Also, it's fresh in their minds I suppose.

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Vanilla: Naxx
    TBC: Black Temple
    Wotlk: ICC
    Cata: Firelands

Overall it's Naxx.

So anyone who doesn't favor Ulduar isn't obliged to answer? That's the biggest blasphemy I've heard all day. Ulduar, although a very good raid, is very overrated. It's visuals are definately where it succeeds, and it had some good fights, but some bosses just felt like fillers, like Auriaya, Ignis and Razorscale. Black Temple also beats it in atmosphere, and definately has more lore. Sure, I think it's better than Firelands too, but people are entitled to opinions, and even when Ulduar was live it wasn't praised that much until it was discarded from progression.
    Look up the definition of obligation. Then get back to us.

Deleted
    Tough choice between Zul'Gurub (at level 60), Karazhan, Black Temple, Sunwell and Ulduar.
    Voted for Karazhan, I think it slightly stands out from my other favorite raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I think you've misunderstood.

My question was aimed at a poster who's comments have been well considered and thoughtful in the past. It wasn't about someone defending their opinion, I just wanted to hear why someone I know to be worth reading enjoyed the Firelands so much.

That's all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Ulduar bored me at some point, Firelands didn't. I gues it mostly has to do with raid size. Both places had a story that hoocked me up. Both places had interesting boss mechanics (tho in case of Firelands it was 100% of bosses while in Ulduar I would get rid of all the optional bosses). Firelands was bit less buggy at release. Appart from that it's the case of very subjective feel of the raid instance.

---------- Post added 2012-01-29 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by uldemon View Post
    I find it hilarious how many votes the Cata raids have. But at the same time, I know it's just because far less people experienced previous expansion's content - at least at the level of knowledge of the game they're at now. Also, it's fresh in their minds I suppose.
    As someone who raids activly since the start I find Cata raiding the most enjoyable experience ever. From the pre Cata raids I only really value Ulduar. Vanilla, TBC and most of WotLK, even tho they had their moments, had just too many flaws. I don't say Cata raiding is flawless - on the contrary, there are still many things to be fixed. If MoP fixes at least some of those, I will most likely enjoy MoP raids even more than Cata.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2012-01-29 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar bored me at some point, Firelands didn't. I gues it mostly has to do with raid size. Both places had a story that hoocked me up. Both places had interesting boss mechanics (tho in case of Firelands it was 100% of bosses while in Ulduar I would get rid of all the optional bosses). Firelands was bit less buggy at release. Appart from that it's the case of very subjective feel of the raid instance.
    See... I think one thing Firelands did have going for it was the changes to Mount Hyjal, making the raid "feel" like part of the expansion. To a certain extent, that type of thing is important because it gives players a reason to be in there beside purplez. As for the subjective opinion, yeah - totally. For me, I found the Firelands bosses too few, too gimmicky, too broken (particularly in the case of Lord Rhyolith) and too dull. You got bored of Ulduar, Firelands bored me the second I walked in.

But that's why I asked. Your comments, as always, are sensible and valid. Thanks.

As someone who raids activly since the start I find Cata raiding the most enjoyable experience ever. From the pre Cata raids I only really value Ulduar. Vanilla, TBC and most of WotLK, even tho they had their moments, had just too many flaws. I don't say Cata raiding is flawless - on the contrary, there are still many things to be fixed. If MoP fixes at least some of those, I will most likely enjoy MoP raids even more than Cata.
    I know a number of players who've played for an incredibly long time, yet they still cite tier 11 as one of their favourites. It had a lot going for it, it really did.

Deleted
    The Battle for Mount Hyjal

I am a wc3 player and I loved that mission. It was the hardest mission in the Campaign and I can tell you I have never before spent over 8 hrs doing the same mission just to complete it in Hard mode. When the raid was released I was like "Oh, boy, kill ALL the undead! Walk through the WHOLE zone!". It was the most epic for me.

Yes, it is kinda boring to just kill some trash that comes on to you but man, oh, man, did I felt epic to participate in the most epic fight ever!

I can tell you, if War of the Ancients wasn't a stupid 5 man heroic t would've been even more awesome. Still Blizzard sucks for ruining the epic feel with t13. Nevertheless The Battle for Mount Hyjal is my number one favourite instance from epicness point of view. That and Karazhan. The book "The last guardian" is awesome and I wanted to check out where Medivh lived. Sorry, lore fan boy here ^^. Both of them are the most epic from that point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Ulduar
    2. ICC
    3. Blackwing Descent
    4. Naxx
    5. Karazhan
    6. Sunwell

Ulduar.. enough of it ;P it's gona keep winning so :P

10+ Year Old Account
    ICC, so badass, have the best memories there..