10+ Year Old Account

Part of my computer causing problems?

Recently I have been having issues with computer crashes, lag spikes and WoW crashes. I get blue screen crashes, and earlier today I had the issue where my computer disconnected from the Internet, and I couldn't close anything without task managering it. After trying to open something new I got a windows error message, didn't get what number but it was a negative number (0.0). I am running Windows Vista with SP2.

My most recent WoW crash got the following Error Message.

"The instruction at "0x01122250" referenced memory at "0x00000020".
    The memory could not be "read"."

Is this a hardware of software issue, and what needs to be improved the most to fix this? My Dxdiag is below. If any additional info is needed please ask for it, but try not to get too technical because I am not extremely computer savvy.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 1/28/2012, 15:17:03
    Machine name: BEN1
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.111025-0338)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/08/09 17:20:48 Ver: 08.00.14
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 3582MB RAM
    Page File: 1469MB used, 5923MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

Thanks for any help.

Run memtest, make sure Windows and your GPU drivers are up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry about the late reply, had to go out for a few hours. I ran Memtest and no RAM errors were detected, and my drivers are up to date. Any other ideas?

What's the blue screen error say?

Mandatory "Ugh, Vista" required as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    Sorry about the late reply, had to go out for a few hours. I ran Memtest and no RAM errors were detected, and my drivers are up to date. Any other ideas?
    I guess this started shortly after a windows update? In that case: System restore to a point where this issue didn't occure and/or reset your Bios manually.
    Had a similar problem with a pirated Vista version.

System restore: Start->All programs-> Accessories->System tools-> System restore.

Bios reset: Locate your bios jumper ( There should be a text printed on the motherboard "cmos" where the jumper is located), remove the jumper and wait 30ish seconds and put it back in. Picture of jumper beneth ( The jumper can have different colors,so don't take the picture litteraly)
    Last edited by mmocfd36770ff5; 2012-01-28 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    What's the blue screen error say?

Mandatory "Ugh, Vista" required as well.
    I know Vista sucks, I plan on getting Windows 7 Soon™. I can't remember many Blue Screen errors, but one I do remember was CMS_POOL_DUMP or something like that, but I haven't had that in a while. I went through my Problem History and couldn't find anything that said the error "name", if there is a way to find that from problem history please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaux View Post
    I guess this started shortly after a windows update? In that case: System restore to a point where this issue didn't occure and/or reset your Bios manually.
    From memory I haven't updated anytime recently, and this has been happening for a while just infrequently, but recently it is getting worse so I have finally decided to get on it. With the Bios reset, that sounds like a last resort so I will save that for if nothing else works.