Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    If alcohol was invented just a few years ago, it would be a highly illegal drug. It's even more dangerous and addictive than speed and LSD combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn OP being honest with you, you're the type of person the people who drink probably hate. Seriously are you such a follower to guidelines that you have problems with adult college students drinking after a long week of school? Who cares if the age is 21, that's a bullshit law anyways and a lot of people see it that way. It's cool if you don't want to drink, and you'll still be social-able, but to sit there and rag on people who like to go have some fun? Gtfo.
    High school kids drinking is lame though, if kids in high school would get good grades and step into the job market, maybe this generation wouldn't idol teen pregnancies and other things that ruin lives and make them burdens on society.

Well, yes, it's illegal, but it's part of college, for most people anyways. 75% is probably an understatement, but calling them 'criminals' is a bit silly...criminals steal, rape, and kidnap babies, I wouldn't call a group of underage idiots getting drunk crime, just stupid (though it depends on the situation). Myself, I enjoy a good drink or two here and there but it's not all that exciting to me as it is for other people, I guess, never has been, even before I turned 21. I got pretty fucked up once and it was not worth it, I'll never do it again. I guess it's part of life for most people, some will grow out of it and some will be alcoholics all or most of their lives. It'st kind of a touchy thing really, it can be fun, I've had my fair share of fun at parties but it's a lot more fun when people are responsible (or at least somewhat), and that just doesn't happen at college.

It's certainly a serious issue. I went to a pretty big university but in the four years I was on campus, I'd say about 5 people died directly on campus as a result to drunk driving or even drunken brawling...we had someone get stabbed to death and another person fell from somewhere after being shoved and broke his neck or something and died a few days later, and you hear about it in the news all the time, so, no, it's not always harmless good fun. Honestly, though, the only way you will ever stop underage drinking is with prohibition...and we all know how well that works. I personally don't care if underage people drink, I just don't like that most people are very very careless, and don't learn from their experiences.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-01-29 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Damn OP being honest with you, you're the type of person the people who drink probably hate. Seriously are you such a follower to guidelines that you have problems with adult college students drinking after a long week of school? Who cares if the age is 21, that's a bullshit law anyways and a lot of people see it that way. It's cool if you don't want to drink, and you'll still be social-able, but to sit there and rag on people who like to go have some fun? Gtfo.
    High school kids drinking is lame though, if kids in high school would get good grades and step into the job market, maybe this generation wouldn't idol teen pregnancies and other things that ruin lives and make them burdens on society.
    pretty much nailed it.
    When I was in, what you would call, High School, I barely drank any alc at all.
    Since I started university... god dammit... it's 05.34am right now, just came back from a three days marathon after exam party... Fuckin loved it. There is not a single student that didnt participate.
    But I guess we europeans are crazy anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    If alcohol was invented just a few years ago, it would be a highly illegal drug. It's even more dangerous and addictive than speed and LSD combined.
    thats just not true, lsd can leave people with mental illness and speed rots your teeth..... just another drug supporting idiot spewing false facts

By the time you're 18 you should already know what alcohol does to your system, and if you don't; we all have google to actually pin point exactly it would do at a younger age, abuse, etc.

Illegal? Yeah.
    Stupid to do? Depends on the person.
    Should it be legal? Maybe.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the point of such laws either. Police begrudgingly enforce them around here (much like people doing things like Marijuana) simply because it's the law, and not because they want too. They realize it's a waste of money and resources but can't just completely ignore it if someone complains about it. Simply put there are much better things for law enforcement to be allocating their time too.

I didn't start drinking until I was 18 as I didn't really like the taste of it that much. I stuck with it and eventually I grew fond of a few different drinks. Did the whole get hammed a couple of times a week in my first year of college and since then really moved on. Friends and I soon realized that getting hammered was the wrong way to go about it and doing that is really only a once and awhile thing. Instead we casually went out for drinks and wings on Wednesdays, had a few drinks for hockey games over the weekends and then maybe went out and partied hard on either Friday/Saturday. It soon became apparent that we just liked the relaxing nature of alcohol and more or less being social.

Been a couple of years since college and I've probably drank a case of alcohol since then. I live in a pretty shitty town and all my friends live elsewhere. To me drinking just isn't fun if I don't make it a social experience.

What I found is those parents who introduced alcohol to their children at an early age were usually the ones who were the most responsible with it. They knew what their limits were, drank safe and were still a blast to have around.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2012-01-29 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Pretty much agree with everything this guy just said, even though he's an Ohio State fan .

Drinking in college is normal. If you don't like drinking, that's fine, but you shouldn't worry about what other people are doing with their free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    lol... since when was talking loud related to being a douchebag? Are you just anti social and unable to raise the level of your voice, and deem everyone who is fine with doing so as an asshole? You're fucking pathetic kid like seriously. Stop acting like you're superior to people just because they are more outgoing and do something that isn't deemed acceptable by people older than them.
    This is the funniest post I have seen all day. Paranoid much? I just stated my opinion, relax kid. Insane people like you are the reason why this shit should be hammered down on more.

Mod Warning: Watch the language!
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2012-01-29 at 06:22 PM.

Drinking alcohol is dangerous for young people under 18 because they are physically and emotionally less able to cope with the effects of drinking alcohol. Alcohol kills more young people than cocaine, heroin and all other illegal drugs combined. It also causes nearly 4 percent of deaths worldwide, more than AIDS, tuberculosis or violence.

There are a few reasons here why underage people drink.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't drink my entire first year of university, and it was alienating as taking part in parties and such was much more awkward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great resurrection
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evoco View Post
    Except for in this case it IS illegal to drink prior to the age of 21 (in the US)....sooooo, wrong and criminal kinda do fit. Just saying.
    One thing is technicalities and another is issuing a scarlet letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Penn View Post
    Alcohol kills more young people than cocaine, heroin and all other illegal drugs combined.

Uhhhhhhhh probably because more people actually drink than do heroic/coke at a young age. Not because its more dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Criminals? Lol. Imo it's one of the most stupid rules in the USA: drinking at 21 and driving at 16.
    It's better to first let people meet with alcohol so that they know the dangers exactly before getting their drivers license.

Here you are allowed to buy alcohol at 16, but can get your drivers license at 18.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Penn View Post
    Drinking alcohol is dangerous for young people under 18 because they are physically and emotionally less able to cope with the effects of drinking alcohol. Alcohol kills more young people than cocaine, heroin and all other illegal drugs combined. It also causes nearly 4 percent of deaths worldwide, more than AIDS, tuberculosis or violence.

There are a few reasons here why underage people drink.
    It's bad for people who can't handle it. In denmark there's not age restriction on drinking alcohol but you have to be 16 to buy stuff with less than 16,5% (beer, wine, cider etc) and 18 to buy stuff with more than 16,6% (vodka, whiskey, rum etc). And no, just because I'm 17 dosn't mean i go to clubs and parties every weekend and drink my brain out. I do that every now and then, but I mostly enjoy a cold beer with some friends every friday afternoon.