Best way to stay geared while leveling as an Assassin?

1. Take up Synthweaving and make purple armor every few levels ( I have tons of credits)
    2. Take up Cybertech and make purple mods and use Orange armor and just keep modding it
    3. Just take what ever junk I get from questing.

Thinking about using either slave outfit or dancer.

"Making" the purple armor requires you to make the green/blue items and then disassemble it and even then its not a sure bit you will get the pattern.

IMO just quest get commendations and that will be enough gear to see you thru your leveling
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

I had synthweaving and honestly it wasn't really worth it, the armor I ever did make was usually just a small upgrade over something I'd get from a quest. It wasn't really worth it to try to farm to epic patterns since it could take so many mats, just to out level it quickly anyway.

I'm gonna hop on the FotM crew skill and say biochemistry. Especially as an assassin since you can't heal yourself, it'll help a lot and at 50 it'll remain useful.

Except I wanna level in the dancer outfit. Been checking my GTN and theres hardly and mods available so it seems I will be forced to make my own. I know that biochem would do me better but having armor with no stats will kind of suck.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or don't, use the questing gear you get, level, worry about gear at 50 and get to 50 much, much faster? Yup. That's the one I pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythria View Post
    Except I wanna level in the dancer outfit. Been checking my GTN and theres hardly and mods available so it seems I will be forced to make my own. I know that biochem would do me better but having armor with no stats will kind of suck.
    The mods you can buy with the planet commendations are just fine for leveling. I used several pieces of orange gear and between the ones you're randomly given on quests and the amount of commendations you get on some planets, you should be able to buy enough to keep up with your gear. At the first couple planets you might not get too many commendations, but they start to offer a lot more later.

I think even at 50 the mods you buy with daily commendations are better than the ones that are offered with crafting.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-01-29 at 06:18 AM.

you will get enough commendations to buy new stuff for the slave outfit, and generally quests later in the zone give out mods/enhancements/armoring as a reward, or orange pieces of armor with decent stuff to rip out. did it on three characters now.

Personally I prefer to have organge armour and use commendations to keep the mods/armouring/enhancements etc up to date

Others may counter my suggestions but Im trying to look at this in a way for you to have the most consistent benefits per level as you go to 50 on your first character to 50. As anyone can tell you, once you got 1 to 50, anything is fine because you can spend a few hours on the 50 doing various activities that can and will pay for the expenses of any character you subsequently level up.

With that said, it all really depends on your server and faction and its GTN, factored with how you are leveling(ie missions vs pvp vs flashpoints etc).

If you've a very healthy faction/server/GTN:

Missions based- take slicing scavenging and bioanalysis. Sell on the GTN what you gather while doing missions. Use the commendations to buy mods for your orange gear, buy what mods you can from the GTN or other gear. If you do this on a healthy server/faction you'll be most likely able to buy one of the 1.5 speeders too at 50.

PvP based- You'll be able to buy some armor upgrades while you pvp at some levels but not all. Crew skills besides slicing will potentially cost you credits unless you focus on missions crewskills that earn you mats that you can sell to others who will pay a pretty penny for em (like diplomacy for the blue and purple meds, etc)

Flashpoints based- If you're on a healthy server/faction where you can group plenty, then you can pretty much get gear, mods, and more from them but the key is groups... otherwise you're twiddling your thumbs. Plus you'll get commendations you can use too but not necessarily in as high a quantity as you would from planet side missioning. Cybertech, scavenging, and underworld trading I would argue are good for this because scavenging from dead bots in many cases will be mostly easy to skill up while you go along(unless you got impatient rushers in your group). Cybertech will also make you your speeders saving you some credits, and you can sell ship upgrades for decent prices as you level as well. Only reason I dont suggest this for a pvp warzone centric toon is that there's no way for scavenging opportunities unless you head to planets and scavenge or flashpoints which invariably will drop you out of wz because you need those mats or you end up spending money for mats from the GTN.

-----------------------

If you're on a low population faction or server, you're essentially stuck with the missions set up mentioned above for the least burden on your creds. Otherwise any combination that offers you items/mods/etc to your leveling needs will be benefitial but time consuming.

The best way to stay geared with any class is to just stock up on planet comms from quests.

Orange armor is definitely the way to go:
    Level 10ish: Orange Chest from the Black Talon
    Level 16: Dromund Kaas orange weapon
    Level 23: Nar Shaadda commendations earns you an orange headpiece
    Level 27: Light/Dark vendor will sell you a sexy pair of orange boots
    Level 29: Alderaan will get you some orange legs or a skirt.

On top of this, you can also purchase all social armor (giving you a serious orange boost). If you dont have the social points, consider purchasing the orange belt from the Starship Upgrades.

Oranges are definitely the way to go for the basic armor - very easy to keep yourself upgraded with commendation mods. As for earpieces and implants - tanks should always consider biochem strongly, which'd cover you for implants (and buy earpieces with commendations or from the GTM)

Good luck!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same as every other class.

Visit GTN to buy cheap ass orange items or buy social rank 1 oranges. Spend all commendations on armorings, enhancements and mods and just constantly place them into your oranges over the old ones. I was completely orange by level 16 and did above.

Walking around as an assassin tank with the same amount of health as people 8-10 levels higher than me.