Help! My HDD got deleted.

I was just on the internet and suddenly I see that my whole HDD got deleted... all my games/software... every fucking thing except my Different drive with Windows on it. Is there any way to restore this or am I literally fucked?
    Playing since 2007.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    have you tried System restore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I didn't back up my computer since I had like 500g of games on the drive.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    it doesnt matter, Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools > sytem restore it should put it back maybe a few days max, ive never "backed up" but restore has always helped me give it a go, might help you, otherwise ive no idea mate, sorry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    If you're on Windows 7, try going into Computer and right clicking on the drive and clicking Restore previous versions. Shadow copy is pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, you should be able to fix it, but more importanly try to figure out why it happened:S

Quote Originally Posted by Phatt1e View Post
    If you're on Windows 7, try going into Computer and right clicking on the drive and clicking Restore previous versions. Shadow copy is pretty awesome.
    It says no previous versions... :/
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you have a system with the specs in your sig and you have no idea how to restore or if its possible or that you didnt back up anything either.

Also off topic....why get a gtx 590 gpu and only 4gb of ram?
    Present from daddy more likely!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you have a system with the specs in your sig and you have no idea how to restore or if its possible or that you didnt back up anything either.

Also off topic....why get a gtx 590 gpu and only 4gb of ram?
    I find it hard to believe you would come to this thread and just troll, I seriously have no fucking patience for braindead idiots like you. If you want to help, then help. If you want to flame, get the hell out of here.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    It says no previous versions... :/
    Oh damnit I forgot - it's turned off by default on other drives than your installation drive. OK well in that case, you should probably start looking at something like this.

Deleted
    How is possible to accidentally delete all the hdd without knowing?
    Edit: I agree with Harry Botter
    Later Edit: There are some software that will recover deleted info on HDD

The problem is,you have to search them as a pirate.
    I cannot help you since I'm not allowed giving site names or torrents of such thing on these forums
    Last edited by mmocb0d6912b72; 2012-01-28 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asteest View Post
    How is possible to accidentally delete all the hdd without knowing?
    Edit: I agree with Harry Botter
    Yeah, cause I totally clicked the button "DELETE ALL HARDRIVE"... Get a life.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to believe you would come to this thread and just troll, I seriously have no fucking patience for braindead idiots like you. If you want to help, then help. If you want to flame, get the hell out of here.
    calling people braindead while asking why ur hard drive got obliterated by a virus... yea...

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    calling people braindead while asking why ur hard drive got obliterated by a virus... yea...
    Wasn't a virus. And I only insulted him because he comes to a thread and just trolls in it. I mean seriously, I'm asking for advice not critisizm. I'm not surprised though... this is the internet afterall.
    Last edited by Nab; 2012-01-28 at 01:58 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't a virus. And I only insulted him because he comes to a thread and just trolls in it. I mean seriously, I'm asking for advice not critisizm. I'm not surprised though... this is the internet afterall.
    I'm pretty sure it was a virus, HDD's don't usually just delete everything on them by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Yeah, cause I totally clicked the button "DELETE ALL HARDRIVE"... Get a life.
    Maybe instead of being defensive and aggressive, be open to suggestions. Considering right now it comes down to how the hell it happened so you can go about fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sagezee View Post
    Maybe instead of being defensive and aggressive, be open to suggestions. Considering right now it comes down to how the hell it happened so you can go about fixing it.
    Yeah, sorry for being aggressive. I'm just a bit pissed. I'll try think positive, at least it deleted a bunch of crap that I had there.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, don't help him, he wants to fight all of us instead of asking us how to easily restore all his game files. let him be.