A sign of times to come?

Now, I'm not predicting a specific release date or trying to rev up the hype train, but the Battle.net balance is something that is integral to Diablo 3 and it wouldn't be a far stretch to assume that perhaps this is them gearing up for the release? One can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

I personally still have reason to believe that Bliz is trying to shoot for a Q1 release which they had noted last year. There was talk of a D3 release in November as a huge stretch from the dev's and if they couldn't make that (which they didn't) they would really push for Q1 2012. I am still hopeful for a Q1 release...the battle.net balance could signify what you speak of...not sure tbh.

Deleted
    I really hope so, with the added chat channels also its looking quite promising.

Deleted
    Only rougly 1 1/2 month left on q1. I highly doubt that they will release d3 on such short notice. Usually a title this big gets a release date about 3 months prio to launch

Deleted
    on the official D3 page they stated something about revamping some of the core game mechanics ... if that's still in progress, I wouldn't count on q1 ...
    here's the link to the article on the official D3 page:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3599...9_01_2012#blog

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    on the official D3 page they stated something about revamping some of the core game mechanics ... if that's still in progress, I wouldn't count on q1 ...
    here's the link to the article on the official D3 page:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3599...9_01_2012#blog
    They said, I believe, that most of that stuff is already close to being implemented or already put into a patch. Haven't followed much since then though...

More OT: Yes. They've been prepping for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Wilson
    There’s a lot of work left to be done, though. We’re constantly tuning and making balance changes; it’s a massive task.
    Directly from the post on diablo3.com

Jay Wilson states that alot of work is still left to be done (the post was released on January 19th) ... He also emphasizes that it's a "massive task" ... I don't expect a massive task on a video game that's been already in production for - how long ? 6 years (not sure about that) - will take far more than 3 months ... (3 months from Jan 19 would make April 19 and thus April - as far as my perception of time is concerned - is the last month in Q1 - correct me if i'm wrong)

Conclusion: no Q1 release

gearing up for a release? yeah.
    Soon release? Nothing is pointing to that.
    Feature got coded completely - they push it out to see how it works in real conditions.

Luckily I'm in the beta so that is quenching my D3 thirst, but for how long...who knows. I do feel that a tittle this big should have been announced already, but 7 weeks is still a ways away. It could be enough time. Here's to getting some good news on Thursday.

Deleted
    There is a lot of movement around so I am thinking about release date soonish.
    I really hope so. Still EU needs beta

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say the bizz balance is a core game mechanic!

15+ Year Old Account
    I say this, because myself I also hoped for a release date tomorrow. But Im 99% sure that we dont get it. The big news, if any, will probably just be an extend of beta:From Bashiok's yesternights twitter q&a: @Bashiok Will we see the new skill system in Beta, or will it likely not appear till release? @Bargo_Gosu It will appear in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I say this, because myself I also hoped for a release date tomorrow. But Im 99% sure that we dont get it. The big news, if any, will probably just be an extend of beta:From Bashiok's yesternights twitter q&a: @Bashiok Will we see the new skill system in Beta, or will it likely not appear till release? @Bargo_Gosu It will appear in beta.
    It is still possible for them to say "This is the last push of the beta to polish everything with a release in late March/early April." Regardless, I don't believe we will see a release date later than Q2
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would guess they would do a console demo for the console'rs out there.

Due to the potential to screw things up, then really is it suprising that they want to put the architecture for things like the real money AH in well in advance.
    Gives them time to fix things before the release, rather than having to disable the feature and add it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have sighted for a Q1 release.